Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WDBi Click here to enlarge
    do you have a diff and if not those are pretty good 60 foot times

My car never had a good run at the strip but i went 12.1 @ 114 and that was because my charge pipe blew off.

i was getting 2.0 60 foots and thats with 275 hankook v12 evos open diff. The thing is is that when i had my car running right and the charge pipe wasnt slipping and i had no boost leaks my car was trapping 119

so im curious if i go to the track again and trap 119 it would be totally possible to go mid 11's if im trapping about 4mph faster than you again unless you have a diff
    i have stock diff.. I'm just a street tire launch ninja lol. i get a bunch of head scratchers bcuz I only trap 116s thing is the harder you hook up (better 60ft) your trap speed can go down (flame suit on)
    even trapping 118/119 I still think with our cars would would need to cut at least a 1.9x to see 11s. I could be wrong. MT vs AT changes everything too. cut a 1.75/1.8 and you should definatetly hit 11s anyway.. Go give it hell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I'll stash some cash first haha. I can an open diff, but the 275mm PSS do almost hook second on the street, so it should be decent. I limit first to 9psi and still obviously spin there.

its just practice practice practice at the strip. fortunately I have 2 times a week usually for test and tune here. I have over a hundred time slips Layin on the dresser from the last few months lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Attachment 22130

you had a VERY good da... my 11.9@118.8 was done at a 900 DA... so your weather was actually better than my NJ weather.... i wouldnt be all over you if you didnt post up titles like you have. And again i want to stress by NO means do I think my cars running optimul bc of the retarded timing issue. With no meth yours is def running better than most but id love to see logs to see if there is room for improvement. Did you take any?

Also, your first trip was a very similar DA around 380 so you def picked up good power from the intercooler, that cant be argued

FWIW I used to be way into the whole DA thing. The more I modded the less my car seemed to react to DA at the track. I ran faster and quicker with a 1500 DA Sunday than I did with a 500 DA Friday with the same mods and same 60fts. when I was closer to stock the DA affect was more noticeable

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    FWIW I used to be way into the whole DA thing. The more I modded the less my car seemed to react to DA at the track. I ran faster and quicker with a 1500 DA Sunday than I did with a 500 DA Friday with the same mods and same 60fts. when I was closer to stock the DA affect was more noticeable
    I was under the impression that DA isn't a big deal with turbo cars until you are ridiculously far out of the turbos range. Actually at lower boost (around stock) shouldn't a higher DA help you'd since the air is thinner and the car will cut through easier yet you are still getting the same boost pressure at the valves.... Click here to enlarge this wouldn't be true obviously as boost goes up and PWM rises more sharply.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I was under the impression that DA isn't a big deal with turbo cars until you are ridiculously far out of the turbos range. Actually at lower boost (around stock) shouldn't a higher DA help you'd since the air is thinner and the car will cut through easier yet you are still getting the same boost pressure at the valves.... Click here to enlarge this wouldn't be true obviously as boost goes up and PWM rises more sharply.

no clue. I don't even check it much any more. I really don't see any difference anymore..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome runs!
    Click here to enlarge
    1999 M3 AA C30 S/C w/FMIC, UUC Motowerks, Vorsteiner, Bilsteins, Bav Auto, DEPOs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you mt or at and how exactly do you launch?
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bimmer182 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome runs!
    thanks!! can't wait to do G5 and really do some damage lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you mt or at and how exactly do you launch?
    i am AT. stock rims and I have 255 nittos with about 50% tread.
    i launch in 2nd gear. brake boost until the car wants to go(around 3-3200K) I rarely look anymore. when it's go time I simultaneously drop the brake and nudge the gas. then as soon as I've "launched" and grabbed, I floor it. it took many track days to get it down. I average around 1.85 60 FTs now. I've done as low as 1.76.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i am AT. stock rims and I have 255 nittos with about 50% tread.
    i launch in 2nd gear. brake boost until the car wants to go(around 3-3200K) I rarely look anymore. when it's go time I simultaneously drop the brake and nudge the gas. then as soon as I've "launched" and grabbed, I floor it. it took many track days to get it down. I average around 1.85 60 FTs now. I've done as low as 1.76.

wow i rev up to 2200 and i spin.. a bit then i kind of gently but firmly floor it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow i rev up to 2200 and i spin.. a bit then i kind of gently but firmly floor it
    one thing I learned fast is that all our are cars even with the same mods are so different

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    one thing I learned fast is that all our are cars even with the same mods are so different
    i may have to try out the technique more because thinking of it i dont spin right away

do you have traction fully off

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have stock diff.. I'm just a street tire launch ninja lol. i get a bunch of head scratchers bcuz I only trap 116s thing is the harder you hook up (better 60ft) your trap speed can go down (flame suit on) even trapping 118/119 I still think with our cars would would need to cut at least a 1.9x to see 11s. I could be wrong. MT vs AT changes everything too. cut a 1.75/1.8 and you should definatetly hit 11s anyway.. Go give it hell.
    1.73 netted me 118.6 2.0 got me 119.6 - so there is truth to your statement. Can u please PM me some of your logs preferably post IC from that track day? We can help each other I'm just as crazy as you are lol. Im at the point now where I want to examine multiple cars logs and try to see what triggers my horrendous Timing recovery In 4th - regardless of boost , fuel , map , weather , day of the week, night, day, it recovers like a slug in 4th yet still moves very good. Next step is hitting up PTF just to see what they can do. Also for breaking your horns left and right in gonna offer u up a opp to use my vbox for 60-130s or whatever u wanna do with it. If u wanna borrow it lmk. Btw at the track the vbox was never off by more than .15 and 2mph!
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1.73 netted me 118.6 2.0 got me 119.6 - so there is truth to your statement. Can u please PM me some of your logs preferably post IC from that track day? We can help each other I'm just as crazy as you are lol. Im at the point now where I want to examine multiple cars logs and try to see what triggers my horrendous Timing recovery In 4th - regardless of boost , fuel , map , weather , day of the week, night, day, it recovers like a slug in 4th yet still moves very good. Next step is hitting up PTF just to see what they can do. Also for breaking your horns left and right in gonna offer u up a opp to use my vbox for 60-130s or whatever u wanna do with it. If u wanna borrow it lmk. Btw at the track the vbox was never off by more than .15 and 2mph!

no worries. I'm leaving Seattle now for Alaska Lol. I'll get some logs from my girlfriend once I get settled at work. I'll PM you tomorrow afternoon. where do ya live?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

It's all about not just slamming the pedal to the ground. First launch ever in my car on bald Littetally Bald nt05r's ill post a pic bit prob still way stickier than OPs invos got me a 1.73 in first gear.(OP LOOK INTO NT05Rs !!! dd'able as well and incredibly sticky!)

Unfortunatly I Only did one secod gear launch at the end of the night and brought it to 3200 of so and mashed thinking it would be fine in second and NO CHANCE u gotta modulate that throttle. Practice ! But prob is track launch is much different than the street.

On the street I just ease into the throttle and go 100% when I sense its not gonna spin and I've yet to really get pulled on in the first 200 ft against anything out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ChuckD05 do you have a diff? And what size nt05rs do you have? Its crwzy you guys launch at 3200 my car just spins... Also do you have traction all the way off or just so it reads dtc?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe I'm missing something or maybe v12 evos suck. I launch at 3k and my tires just go up in smoke. 2nd gear auto traction fully off

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DA is very powerful, but over exxagerated with small differences.
    ive seen 120mph 10 second cars so 11.8 @ 116 is decent, but nothing overly impressive. keep at it, times will get better, dont be afraid to try different combinations for tires pressure and launch technique. also, a a MT, its more dependent on you than the car, but slight improvement in those 3 areas would net a bigger gain than one decent improvement

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm in NY .. Eastern Long Island.

ive sent my vbox a few places already, it sits around way more than it should so I dont mind, and the data it collects from others is well worth me sharing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ChuckD05 do you have a diff? And what size nt05rs do you have? Its crwzy you guys launch at 3200 my car just spins... Also do you have traction all the way off or just so it reads dtc?
    No stock differential... 275/40/17 NT05R's .... its all about pedal modulation really, you can't just slam the gas and throw all the power down at once... At the track after a burnout the car litterally sling shots foward though, way more grip there than on the street with street tires. I just feel how its gripping and add pedal pressure as needed to never spin but take off quickly... 1.6x will be achieved sooner of later by me... 1.73 first try ever , you really need sticky rubber though, thats the most important.

also hankooks are def not a great tire for straight line dry grip either... not a bad tire overall but i had them on my 370z and i could bake them with 100 less hp and 200 less tq lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    DA is very powerful, but over exxagerated with small differences.
    ive seen 120mph 10 second cars so 11.8 @ 116 is decent, but nothing overly impressive. keep at it, times will get better, dont be afraid to try different combinations for tires pressure and launch technique. also, a a MT, its more dependent on you than the car, but slight improvement in those 3 areas would net a bigger gain than one decent improvement
    yeah but 120mph traps running 10's means a good lsd, 1000hp axles, massive slicks, and a suspension built for the launch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A little update

Ordered the G5 with ISO. Who waits this long? lmao
    I get home from work friday 11/23 and will install it, tweak some things, do some logs and try to convince my gf to allow a trip to test&tune that night

If not, hopefully i can get some weekend passes in or worst case the following week. The goal is mid 11s at around 118 Im hoping to Vbox or visit another track just to verify my trap speed is accurate at PBIR.

A local performance shop is looking into transmission work and a cooler at a minimum in the near future.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No stock differential... 275/40/17 NT05R's .... its all about pedal modulation really, you can't just slam the gas and throw all the power down at once... At the track after a burnout the car litterally sling shots foward though, way more grip there than on the street with street tires. I just feel how its gripping and add pedal pressure as needed to never spin but take off quickly... 1.6x will be achieved sooner of later by me... 1.73 first try ever , you really need sticky rubber though, thats the most important.

also hankooks are def not a great tire for straight line dry grip either... not a bad tire overall but i had them on my 370z and i could bake them with 100 less hp and 200 less tq lol
    can you put me in line for the vbox when my turbos go on? Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you guys are looking for a cost effective alternative to the Vbox, look into the Gtech pro SS/RR. Its GPS poll rate is on par with the Vbox, and is damn near identical accuracy, it just doesnt log altitude so you cant post "official results" for 60-130 etc. $200 for the Pro SS, $275 for the Pro RR (records lap times and some other goodies). Just ordered one, ill let you know how it performs Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Need to have altitude logging to show solid 60-130's... but the Gtech is nice. I had the very first one, really enjoyed it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast