Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    You made the statements of coming to the East Coast to show what your car can do. Thats your quest not ours... Moreover in post 195 you state you WANT to come to the East Coast. Now I have no real expectation that somehow you're a man of your word and that you will show. However I challenged you directly in effort to eliminate the BS & speculation. Somehow you act as though you cant plan a trip and secure a shipping company for the car based around a date that works for you. Common sense would dictate you need to first find and get the Unicorn home. Then break it in, run some shake down runs and tweak as needed before you go on a national tour. That being said show up or not doesnt matter either way I merely pointed out you blew off the challenge. You decide to step up and follow your own words we're here...
    I'm coming to the East Coast at some point to run friends. I really don't factor you into any of my travel decisions.

Challenge as many people on the West Coast as you want. If you want to make some stupid challenge you come to me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm coming to the East Coast at some point to run friends. I really don't factor you into any of my travel decisions.

Challenge as many people on the West Coast as you want. If you want to make some stupid challenge you come to me.
    Click here to enlarge Well since you didnt dispute the obvious we can confirm you're talking out of your neck again. Nothing left to say here, I'm done.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Well since you didnt dispute the obvious we can confirm you're talking out of your neck again. Nothing left to say here, I'm done.
    Um ok if you want to go challenge people across the country go ahead let's see how many take the time to drive out and race you because you said so on an internet forum. Hilarious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky you are such a fanboi sometimes. LOL When 335i guys use this same exact argument you just used as to why a modded 335i makes more sense than a slightly (no blower) modded M3 you always downplay this because the M3 is such a better car. HMMM.... A 335i new is ~$50k and FBO+tune+meth+RBs is ~$5k so that's $55k for a 500WHP car that will smash a $77k bolt on M3. Add the SC to the M3 so it might beat a 335i (not built motor) and you're looking at what, $90k?

I'm just saying, same argument you're using against the ZR1 and we can seat 4 and add another $7k and we can have a DCT too (335is).

My M3 was fully loaded except for the park distance for $72k MSRP and who is paying sticker? Secondly, you don't have to get every option or a DCT for that matter.

Regarldess, supercharger for $13k or so and you have about 600 wheel depending on exhaust/meth choices.

The ZR1 has no DCT trans available.

So for under $80k you can have performance rivaling bolt on ZR1's for less money with a dual clutch and four seats. Sure makes the M3 look good.

And ultimately the ZR1 can always make more power as it should with an LS based motor but it can never seat four or have a DCT. Not having a junk interior is a plus as well.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky you are such a fanboi sometimes. LOL When 335i guys use this same exact argument you just used as to why a modded 335i makes more sense than a slightly (no blower) modded M3 you always downplay this because the M3 is such a better car. HMMM.... A 335i new is ~$50k and FBO+tune+meth+RBs is ~$5k so that's $55k for a 500WHP car that will smash a $77k bolt on M3. Add the SC to the M3 so it might beat a 335i (not built motor) and you're looking at what, $90k?

I'm just saying, same argument you're using against the ZR1 and we can seat 4 and add another $7k and we can have a DCT too (335is).
    Holy mackerel. I think this is being completely misunderstood, and I am not understanding why. All that is being said - is that the M3 can be tuned to the level (or extremely close to the level) of a stock ZR1. The cost of this tuned M3 will be less than the price of the ZR1. But, with the M3, you get 4 seats, and a DCT transmission. Not just in acceleration will they be comparable, but in all regards (track use)...That's it.

Therefore, it has a pretty darn good performance/dollar ratio. That's what he is trying to say. Yes, if you purchase a fully loaded M3 brand new, add a good blower, you will be close to 90k - but that's assuming that the person is paying full price for everything. I don't think most people pay sticker for their M3s.

The 335i and the M3 aren't in the same category. They just aren't. The 335i is very soft compared to the M3. Stock for stock they aren't close on a track, and tuned for tuned they aren't close on a track. Yes, a 335i is cheaper to make power, but - you are missing brakes, suspension, rigidity, throttle response, etc... Not trying to bash the x35is - I like the car, just saying, it's not some conspiracy from BMW to make this car better than an M3 - whether people believe it or not, that's up to them. I have driven both and own one - they are not similar cars (for the way I drive).

I literally cannot believe people buy BMWs so they can have a faster car in a straight line than the M3. The M3 is not created to be a monster in this regard - although it comes with the territory in some fashion I suppose? To say a 335i will crush a 77k bolt on M3 is a bit ridiculous. You are talking about acceleration, while the M3 will "crush" the 335i in every other possible category. Period. One car is a sporty sedan, one is a sports car. I don't get this comparison at all.

If you are going to buy a car brand new to instantly void a warranty, I think this point is moot anyways. Pick up a used 335i and a used M3 - and get them tuned. You can get a very nice 09 M3 for 40k - get a great blower for another 10-15k, and there is nothing a 335i can do at this point.

Personally, If I were to get a car that would "crush" everything - why not an E46 M3 with an HPF turbo? No 335i can touch its power, and no current M3 can touch its power - and you are buying a real M. Just my 3 cents...

It's not always about straight line speed. You would have to be insane to buy an M3 or a ZR1 only for this reason. It's the whole car - the whole package that is being compared.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I have driven both and own one - they are not similar cars
    ive driven and owned both Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ive driven and owned both Click here to enlarge
    Touche. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The more you guys type the more your mentality sounds gradeschool/playgroundish.
    Hahaha...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just screwing with @Sticky LMFAO!
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $$$/HP ratio just buy a used 2011 5.0. tune + FBO + SC and it's a monster for a lot less than any of the cars disucssed above.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

No not at all what I'm trying to say here is performance wise the M3 is strong especially with boost.

The 335 and M3 is a different discussion because they are the same chassis and both 3 Series cars from BMW. The ZR1 argument is different and strictly in relation to using it as a performance and cost benchmark. We all say the ZR1 is a strong car so I'm juxtaposing the M3 with boost against it and showing that it too is quite strong and on par with a stock ZR1.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Holy mackerel. I think this is being completely misunderstood, and I am not understanding why. All that is being said - is that the M3 can be tuned to the level (or extremely close to the level) of a stock ZR1. The cost of this tuned M3 will be less than the price of the ZR1. But, with the M3, you get 4 seats, and a DCT transmission. Not just in acceleration will they be comparable, but in all regards (track use)...That's it.
    Yes. That's all it is.

But instead people want to continue to try to skew it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $$$/HP ratio just buy a used 2011 5.0. tune + FBO + SC and it's a monster for a lot less than any of the cars disucssed above.
    The argument isn't price for performance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dunno, im unimpressed with 5.0 that are FI now.. still waiting for a matchup worthy of my respect Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dunno, im unimpressed with 5.0 that are FI now.. still waiting for a matchup worthy of my respect Click here to enlarge
    I think the better run for you would be against a vortech or procharged car. I'm not too impressed with the rousch cars either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They may be slightly slower than your car. Not sure. The point was for the $$$ they're pretty badass. I just watched a vid of an hpf stage 5 turbo e46 barely beat a BT integra. How much $$$$ you think a stage 5 e46 has in it? Too much. LMFAO!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    I think the better run for you would be against a vortech or procharged car. I'm not too impressed with the rousch cars either.
    seems im not the only one thinking it though.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/street-rac...0-mustang.html

granted, its vs a 5xx hp camaro, but it just doesnt seem to be moving. according to this, the centri blowers are worse than a roush, and ive run a roush blown..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

granted, its vs a 5xx hp camaro, but it just doesnt seem to be moving. according to this, the centri blowers are worse than a roush, and ive run a roush blown..

Im with you that stang didnt impress me at all, it sure did look mean with the hood off.

Also that has a little more than 500whp.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258632

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Forgot to mention the Novi cars too. The Novi's seem to be the faster cars *2200 blower ~ T trim*. There's sooo many variables though and your car is pretty consistent to boot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Im with you that stang didnt impress me at all, it sure did look mean with the hood off.

Also that has a little more than 500whp.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258632
    yea, on ls1 he was saying he assumed 550 ish, but in a 4k lb car. 518 makes it even less impressive for the 5.0 honestly.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Forgot to mention the Novi cars too. The Novi's seem to be the faster cars *2200 blower ~ T trim*. There's sooo many variables though and your car is pretty consistent to boot.
    Thanks!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789