Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Not stock now is it? But trap speed still shows blown M3's are right there just like I said. All you are doing is proving my point, thanks I guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Yep a blown 650 kitted M is almost as fast as a stock ZR1 on stock tires... Show me a M3 blown on stock tires doing the same bro, that should be easy enough to find
    Exactly as I said, once again me proving I know what I'm saying and you have no clue. You should by now, this site is very educational.

The M3 due to launch control for the DCT pretty much needs drag radials unless you can show me a ZR1 launching at 6200 rpm on street tires and hooking just fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yep a blown 650 kitted M is almost as fast as a stock ZR1 on stock tires... Show me a M3 blown on stock tires doing the same bro, that should be easy enough to find
    Lol he cant find one

But the M3 has DCT back seats and better interior though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Lol he cant find one

ROTFL...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Lol he cant find one

It certainly does. And nobody ever made a claim about the M3 on stock tires so if you want to play semantics go ahead.

Regardless, we have an M3 with just a blower in a heavier car performing just like a ZR1 for less money. With DCT. And with back seats. And with a better interior. And with superior technology.

Strong platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly as I said, once again me proving I know what I'm saying and you have no clue. You should by now, this site is very educational.

The M3 due to launch control for the DCT pretty much needs drag radials unless you can show me a ZR1 launching at 6200 rpm on street tires and hooking just fine.

A ZR1 doesnt need to launch that high it has torque something the M3 doesnt have.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Not stock now is it? But trap speed still shows blown M3's are right there just like I said. All you are doing is proving my point, thanks I guess.
    Waiting on your M3 that does as stated... Till then its Unicorn theory!!!

OK so the vid of the stock car on stock tires, that wasnt stock or because it didnt need 6200rpm to find some tq its not being launched?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

A ZR1 doesnt need to launch that high it has torque something the M3 doesnt have.
    You failed to see the point which was why the M3 needs drag rubber with the DCT due to the programmed launch. If the ZR1 had to launch at a much higher RPM it would just spin on street tires.

Sometimes I wonder about how educated you guys are with the results of your thought processes. And secondly, the M3 makes a ton of torque by virtue of its gearing but I don't want to make your head explode.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

It certainly does. And nobody ever made a claim about the M3 on stock tires so if you want to play semantics go ahead.

Regardless, we have an M3 with just a blower in a heavier car performing just like a ZR1 for less money. With DCT. And with back seats. And with a better interior. And with superior technology.

Strong platform.

Yeah the M3 is performing like a ZR1 for less money so is my TT 370z to both cars.

But one thing is for sure I respect what a bolt on ZR1 can do for some reason you dont.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Didn't VF run 10.6? Stock ZR1 ET's haven't exceeded that have they?

Duh the point being an M3 offers ZR1 performance with a blower for less money and includes rear seats, more trunk space, and a DCT trans.

Based on what? Your opinion? LOL.

Some people like cheaply built American cars with inferior technology. I'm more of a BMW guy than Chevy and don't have to give up any performance advantage to 99.9% of ZR1's in the world. Win-win in my book.
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...lip-23651.html

based on facts

based on what? roughly $5k difference once totals are tallied? and lose all warrany and OEM feel/problems vs dedicated built car problems? the simplicity of a OEM car has much more to offer than a BUILT BMW that you MUST seek one of very few capable builders

if your talking overall package, sure the M3 has merits the ZR1 does not, but if you want big power reiable, for little money, from a new car, the ZR1 is in another league

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Waiting on your M3 that does as stated... Till then its Unicorn theory!!!
    Not really considering the bevy of results we already have. If you think a car with more power is going to not be faster all that is a unicorn is your critical thinking ability as it doesn't seem to exist.

OK so the vid of the stock car on stock tires, that wasnt stock or because it didnt need 6200rpm to find some tq its not being launched?
    This sentence is a grammatical and incoherent mess. Try to phrase what you are trying to say in a manner people can understand it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Not really considering the bevy of results we already have. If you think a car with more power is going to not be faster all that is a unicorn is your critical thinking ability as it doesn't seem to exist.

This sentence is a grammatical and incoherent mess. Try to phrase what you are trying to say in a manner people can understand it.
    Right... So no video and you cant read now. Got itClick here to enlarge
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    if your talking overall package, sure the M3 has merits the ZR1 does not
    No kidding, really?

but if you want big power reiable, for little money, from a new car, the ZR1 is in another league
    Not really. We just established a blown M3 is in the same league for less money. Not only is it a beast it's a bargain in comparison to an overpriced Vette with the build quality of a Geo.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Bolt on ZR1 on DR's (stock block-heads-blower)
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Right... So no video and you cant read now. Got itClick here to enlarge
    I'm pretty good at decoding poor spelling, writing, and grammar but not sure what you meant.

Video shows a stock ZR1 running the same ET as a blown M3, thanks for proving my point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Bolt on ZR1 on DR's (stock block-heads-blower)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q58CO2Y5Nok
    Yep, that looks right.

And you are saying that's on some different planet of performance? Heh.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

based on facts

based on what? roughly $5k difference once totals are tallied? and lose all warrany and OEM feel? the simplicity of a OEM car has much more to offer than a BUILT BMW that you MUST seek one of very few capable builders

if your talking overall package, sure the M3 has merits the ZR1 does not, but if you want big power reiable, for little money, from a new car, the ZR1 is in another league
    Note that as the facts get more clear he states talking about build quality or finding used parts to build an M3 cheaper or that there are no vids to support his claims. Kinda fun to watch the hamster running on the wheel.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

No kidding, really?

Not really. We just established a blown M3 is in the same league for less money. Not only is it a beast it's a bargain in comparison to an overpriced Vette with the build quality of a Geo.
    no we didnt, we just established that for basically the same price, you get a BMW that wont beat a stock ZR1, so its not the same league, its inferior

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

You failed to see the point which was why the M3 needs drag rubber with the DCT due to the programmed launch. If the ZR1 had to launch at a much higher RPM it would just spin on street tires.

Sometimes I wonder about how educated you guys are with the results of your thought processes. And secondly, the M3 makes a ton of torque by virtue of its gearing but I don't want to make your head explode.

You can talk educated all you want you need to look at your self your making a excuse for the M3 because it has to launch high.

There different cars 2 the M3 is just not in a ZR1 's league as far as performance goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Note that as the facts get more clear he states talking about build quality or finding used parts to build an M3 cheaper or that there are no vids to support his claims. Kinda fun to watch the hamster running on the wheel.
    One of the reasons people choose an M3 over a Z06 say to begin with is the reasons I stated regarding usability, technology, and build quality.

There are plenty of results to support my claims, the VF kit ran 10.6 that's a fact I don't know what else to tell you.

What's funny is watching you attempt to debate or attempt to string together back to back coherent sentences like it's a struggle. Which for you it actually seems to be.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

no we didnt, we just established that for basically the same price, you get a BMW that wont beat a stock ZR1, so its not the same league, its inferior
    Praise the lord... Preach on brother!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

You can talk educated all you want you need to look at your self your making a excuse for the M3 because it has to launch high.

There different cars 2 the M3 is just not in a ZR1 's league as far as performance goes.
    It isn't an excuse, it's a fact. Different type of powerband and technology, not apples to apples. So put it in context to understand it.

Yet it runs the exact same ET as a stock ZR1 with a blower? And now it's not in its league? Even though it does that for less money? Sure makes the M3 look damn impressive. I love how you guys talk down on it but the M3 consistently overachieves. The ZR1 barely improves on the Z06 and frankly they had to lower the displacement to boost it. ZR1 isn't even all that better than a Z06 for far more money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

We just established with video proof the person saying an M3 isn't in the ZR1's league that the M3 runs the exact same ET. I don't know what you are having trouble processing. He undermined his own point, it's like he smacked himself in the face.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

One of the reasons people choose an M3 over a Z06 say to begin with is the reasons I stated regarding usability, technology, and build quality.

There are plenty of results to support my claims, the VF kit ran 10.6 that's a fact I don't know what else to tell you.

What's funny is watching you attempt to debate or attempt to string together back to back coherent sentences like it's a struggle. Which for you it actually seems to be.
    More diversions as he attempts to dilute the conversation with meaningless insults. Thus shielding the fact he has proven completely wrong. Glory!!!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

stock with MT ET streets
    10.3@132 Vs 10.6@129

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast