Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Show me costs for a ESS or Gintani kit installed including the Meth and Exhaust.
    Varies based on the meth kit now doesn't it? Varies based on labor and who does the labor doesn't it? You can install it yourself really if you want to didn't see you listing installed prices for ZR-1 bolt on's.

Gintani shows on their site the 2.5 kit is $15,995 (including Meth) their X pipe is $2000 and the exhaust doesnt show a price. Plus install, sounds a lot like $20k or more installed.
    Weird, I had an RPI full exhaust that cost less than $2k.

Doesn't change the fact an M3 + SC is cheaper than a ZR1 making the M3 attractive despite how you typically tend to put it down all the time. Sure looks like a lot stronger and now people have to talk about modded ZR1's... wow, M3 looking stronger and stronger.

ESS shows their 650 kit as $13,995 their cheapest exhaust was $1395 thats not including a Meth kit or install and again thats sounding a lot like $20k. Based on their published and advertised pricing. The kit calls for 10-16hrs of install time. Easy enough to figure labor and a few hours for Meth and exhaust install. Using $100hr and 10hrs for labor which is cheap IMO and thats an easy $1300-1500 or nearly $18k thats damn close to $20K. Clearly I can be totally wrong here and for that reason I say show me some pricing thats less.
    Whatever you say you never were in the market and never bought any of these parts, I have, and I didn't spend $20k for a Gintai Stage II+ kit with a full exhaust and meth. I even got custom headers for underneath that price. So ya, you are clearly wrong and it doesn't even matter as even if it was $20k it's still cheaper than a ZR1.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Varies based on the meth kit now doesn't it? Varies based on labor and who does the labor doesn't it? You can install it yourself really if you want to didn't see you listing installed prices for ZR-1 bolt on's.

Weird, I had an RPI full exhaust that cost less than $2k.

Doesn't change the fact an M3 + SC is cheaper than a ZR1 making the M3 attractive despite how you typically tend to put it down all the time. Sure looks like a lot stronger and now people have to talk about modded ZR1's... wow, M3 looking stronger and stronger.

Whatever you say you never were in the market and never bought any of these parts, I have, and I didn't spend $20k for a Gintai Stage II+ kit with a full exhaust and meth. I even got custom headers for underneath that price. So ya, you are clearly wrong and it doesn't even matter as even if it was $20k it's still cheaper than a ZR1.
    Lets just cover all these concisely...

1. You still have not shown anything to contradict the pricing on the respective websites for Gintani & ESS as examples...
    2. Now you've become the shade tree mechanic and you're installing the kit yourself. The majority of customers wont be installing anything at all and we know this. Some maybe but by and large most won't!
    3. I've said and continue to say the M3 is a nice car and with boost certainly far more respectable than stock... But a ZR1 killer mod for mod it is not. And that the person looking at a ZR1 isn't M3 shopping & vice versa.
    4. Lastly you keep making rather broad assumptions on what I did or didnt buy, research, own or can afford. I wont go into the whole assumptions and what that makes you as we already know what you are.

Ultimately having owned 80 cars from more brands across more countries than most will own in their lifetime. I'm no fanboy, I dont swear by the altar of any one brand or model... I love anything fast and I maintain the M3 with boost is fast, just not a ZR1 killer mod for mod. Much less a performance bargain vs the ZR1 when looking at the listed prices for the parts for each model. Anywho I'll let you throw your Super M3 cape and ride off into the sunset on the Unicorn. Happy trails playboy
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fact is a zr1 with less than 1000 bucks in mods will destroy a sc m3 even if it does have more Hp
    '02 911tt HBK700 kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vortech based kit isn't specific enough for you? It is specific, there are only two kits using Vortech blowers.

Easy $20k lol ok. Your way off, I had the exhaust, meth, and SC setup and I didn't pay $20k. But I've actually done it, you haven't.

Ok that's nice blah blah bah. M3 with a blower offers ZR1 performance for less with a DCT and rear seats for less money. Fact. And that sure makes it look like a pretty good bang for the buck IMO.

There two different car's not everyone want's a DCT and back seat's. The same could be said about people wanting DCT and a rear seat. The M3 with a supercharger is nice but lets be real here it cant touch a bolt on ZR1.

DCT DCT DCT DCT got dam gets so oldClick here to enlarge DCT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1. You still have not shown anything to contradict the pricing on the respective websites for Gintani & ESS as examples...
    Ok go by their prices if you want, you didn't sit here and list receipts for ZR1's so you are being a little too sensitive and absurd regarding this.

2. Now you've become the shade tree mechanic and you're installing the kit yourself. The majority of customers wont be installing anything at all and we know this. Some maybe but by and large most won't!
    You can install a kit yourself and they come with instructions. Sorry to tell you this is an option, fact.

3. I've said and continue to say the M3 is a nice car and with boost certainly far more respectable than stock... But a ZR1 killer mod for mod it is not. And that the person looking at a ZR1 isn't M3 shopping & vice versa.
    Pretty fast stock considering it's the head of its class with the DCT, really tied with the C63, yet somehow that car is regarded is stronger when it isn't.

Nobody called it a ZR1 killed. I said ZR1 performance for less money, with a DCT, and 2 rear seats to boot.

4. Lastly you keep making rather broad assumptions on what I did or didnt buy, research, own or can afford. I wont go into the whole assumptions and what that makes you as we already know what you are.
    Nobody is talking about what you can or can't afford and I could care less. You make the assumptions on that actually.

What I said is I've been there and done it, you haven't. I probably have a better idea of what things cost considering I had a supercharged setup with meth over two years ago and before anyone else was doing it. That was when things were more expensive too yet I paid nothing close to what you are claiming it would take.

Regardless, once again, even with your fuzzy math and inflated prices it still puts the M3 under a ZR1 which is pretty impressive in my book.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    There two different car's not everyone want's a DCT and back seat's. The same could be said about people wanting DCT and a rear seat. The M3 with a supercharger is nice but lets be real here it cant touch a bolt on ZR1.

DCT DCT DCT DCT got dam gets so oldClick here to enlarge DCT.
    No kidding they are different cars. And yes, DCT is the future and with Chevy you don't get it because they are behind the times just like their interiors.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok go by their prices if you want, you didn't sit here and list receipts for ZR1's so you are being a little too sensitive and absurd regarding this.

You can install a kit yourself and they come with instructions. Sorry to tell you this is an option, fact.

Pretty fast stock considering it's the head of its class with the DCT, really tied with the C63, yet somehow that car is regarded is stronger when it isn't.

Nobody called it a ZR1 killed. I said ZR1 performance for less money, with a DCT, and 2 rear seats to boot.

Nobody is talking about what you can or can't afford and I could car less. You make the assumptions on that actually.

What I said is I've been there and done it, you haven't. I probably have a better idea of what things cost considering I had a supercharged setup with meth over two years ago and before anyone else was doing it. That was when things were more expensive too yet I paid nothing close to what you are claiming it would take.

Regardless, once again, even with your fuzzy math and inflated prices it still puts the M3 under a ZR1 which is pretty impressive in my book.
    i swear you're just plain stupid or do it for the fun of it or your memory is plain shot... Either way to each their own, moving on!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i swear you're just plain stupid or do it for the fun of it or your memory is plain shot... Either way to each their own, moving on!
    Nice rebuttal. And you're calling me stupid... lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree a ZR1 is faster, will cost less to go even faster

but as for M3 mods
    Ebay X-pipe $450 shipped easy/free install
    rear section not required, but some people like having it $500-$1500 depending on which system
    VF620 $13,500.00
    or
    VF650 $16,500.00
    Labor $1-2k

no known stats for VF650, but the Vf 620 has sure impressed and held its own against other higher kits.

but the M3 is not in the ZR1 league, not much really is, GTR comes to mind, 996/997, but then $$keeps going up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    but as for M3 mods
    Ebay X-pipe $450 shipped easy/free install
    rear section not required, but some people like having it $500-$1500 depending on which system
    VF620 $13,500.00
    or
    VF650 $16,500.00
    Labor $1-2k
    No sorry it has to be over $20k. Not like you can purchase any parts used as well. Or install them yourself. Or whatever.

but the M3 is not in the ZR1 league, not much really is, GTR comes to mind, 996/997, but then $$keeps going up
    With a blower it sure is. And with a built motor it will play with ZR1's unless they are modded to the brim.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With a blower it sure is. And with a built motor it will play with ZR1's unless they are modded to the brim
    no its not. a basic blower, 650hp kit, from any company will still lose to a zr1. built motor Ms only close the price gap and even then will not outperform a BPU zr1 and to keep things equal, a built motor zr1 negates anything an M3 can do, and im sure equates total dollar per HP advantage the M originally had

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no its not. a basic blower, 650hp kit, from any company will still lose to a zr1. built motor Ms only close the price gap and even then will not outperform a BPU zr1 and to keep things equal, a built motor zr1 negates anything an M3 can do, and im sure equates total dollar per HP advantage the M originally had
    A blown M3 on stock internals is just as capable as a stock ZR1 if not more so. Traps and ET's so far are pretty close with the edge actually going to the M3.

built motor Ms only close the price gap and even then will not outperform a BPU zr1
    Disagree there.

a built motor zr1 negates anything an M3 can do, and im sure equates total dollar per HP advantage the M originally had
    The LS motor always ultimately wins in max power potential but the fact you have to mention a built motor setup shows how strong the M3 is, not how weak it is. I love how people underestimate it and we're talking about ZR1's going up against it. Just makes the M3 look better and better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A blown M3 on stock internals is just as capable as a stock ZR1 if not more so. Traps and ET's so far are pretty close with the edge actually going to the M3.
    wrong, stock #s favor ZR1, ET and MPH, so "close" is what the M3s are, winning is what the ZR1s do.

This is of course, 100% stock ZR1, nevermind what a BPU ZR1 will do...

Disagree there.
    well, your opinion is wrong

The LS motor always ultimately wins in max power potential but the fact you have to mention a built motor setup shows how strong the M3 is, not how weak it is. I love how people underestimate it and we're talking about ZR1's going up against it. Just makes the M3 look better and better.
    wins max power, and pricer per hp. a built ls7/x whatever will ALWAYS be cheaper than an built S65

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No sorry it has to be over $20k. Not like you can purchase any parts used as well. Or install them yourself. Or whatever.

With a blower it sure is. And with a built motor it will play with ZR1's unless they are modded to the brim.
    A built motor M3 SC a full bolt on ZR1 with 200+whp you are really reaching here.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    wrong, stock #s favor ZR1, ET and MPH, so "close" is what the M3s are, winning is what the ZR1s do.

wins max power, and pricer per hp. a built ls7/x whatever will ALWAYS be cheaper than an built S65
    Preach brother Steve...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    umm...i beat a VT650 already....and my watered down version of the LS9 weighs 1000lbs more
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didn't VF run 10.6? Stock ZR1 ET's haven't exceeded that have they?

Duh the point being an M3 offers ZR1 performance with a blower for less money and includes rear seats, more trunk space, and a DCT trans.

Based on what? Your opinion? LOL.

Some people like cheaply built American cars with inferior technology. I'm more of a BMW guy than Chevy and don't have to give up any performance advantage to 99.9% of ZR1's in the world. Win-win in my book.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A built motor M3 SC a full bolt on ZR1 with 200+whp you are really reaching here.
    Reaching and then some...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    umm...i beat a VT650 already....and my watered down version of the LS9 weighs 1000lbs more
    Your car is more powerful than a stock ZR1.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reaching and then some...
    Based on what? Your propensity to disagree for the sake of disagreement without sound logic or reasoning?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll just have to prove you wrong. Apparently a 640 whp built motor M3 was beating cars with far more power at the latest event and that's a weak example of a built motor M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow how about that, same ET as a blown M3. Wow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Same car on DR's
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow how about that, same ET as a blown M3. Wow.
    Yep a blown 650 kitted M is almost as fast as a stock ZR1 on stock tires... Show me a M3 blown on stock tires doing the same bro, that should be easy enough to find
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast