Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Question CP-E Standback 2 features questions

I'm interested in finding out more information on your product. I like the real-time data-logging. Can you guys chime in.

A few questions:
    What's the money back guarantee?
    What's the Manufacture's software download webpage?
    Can it be detected by the dealer?
    Do they offer new map updates ?
    How many maps is available?
    Does it remove the 7K rev limiter?
    What safety features do they have in place?
    What's the average gain in torque and horsepower?
    What's the turbo peak boost psi?
    How long does it take to switch maps and how can I switch them?
    Is this a piggyback tune? How long does it take to install?

Thanks
    Last edited by AltecBX; 07-16-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

All good questions and I will wait for CP-E to chime in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What's the money back guarantee?

I don't know this.

What's the Manufacture's software download webpage?

This is www.speedranker.com though i don't believe it has been updated for the n54 yet.

Can it be detected by the dealer?

no.

Do they offer new map updates ?

No. The standback is completely user configurable for boost, fueling, timing, meth, and fuel pressure. The tables are 30 x 30; rpm vs MAP or throttle position sensor. They will offer a basic map with the unit but it's up to the user to get it tuned or tune it. The sw is easy to use and the logging is exceptional. Any tuner will be able to use it.

How many maps is available?

limitless. Using maps from other people's car is easy. THey can be emailed, thumb drive, etc. The SB connects via USB so loading maps is cake.

Does it remove the 7K rev limiter?

No.

What safety features do they have in place?

If the car hits a higher boost than the target by (IIRC) 3 psi the unit will report the actual boost to the car so that it can protect itself. It's meth failsafe pulls like 8 deg of timing and runs stock boost.

What's the average gain in torque and horsepower?

Depends on the boost and parameters. A run at 13 psi with fueling and timing modifications compared with the JB3 Map 5 at their last dyno day, a couple more HP, a couple less torque.

What's the turbo peak boost psi?

Whatever the user decides and what the stock MAP sensor can read.

How long does it take to switch maps and how can I switch them?

cycling the hazard switch changes maps. 1 cycle = map 1. 2 cycles = map2, 3 cycles = valet. 10 cycles gets out of valet - so the valet doesn't inadvertently put you in map 1.

Is this a piggyback tune? How long does it take to install?

Full PnP. just like JB3 or PROcede.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

This is getting really good for N54 owners.
    Off to Europe for a month, im gonna bump into here every now and then. Should see some nice progress by then Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    This is getting really good for N54 owners.
    Off to Europe for a month, im gonna bump into here every now and then. Should see some nice progress by then Click here to enlarge
    Off to europe for what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks for the info Boom. Few more questions since you happen to have the tune:

Does it clear tuner codes or do you need to use the BT Tool?
    Does it monitor AFR?
    Does it read DME Boost Actual and DME Boost Target?
    Does it detect Knock Status?
    Does it read manifold pressure?
    Does it read oil temperature?
    Does it read water temperature?
    Does it have IAT Decay?
    Can you adjust barometric pressure?
    Ignition timing or CPS Offsetting?
    Removes speed limiter?
    How does it handle downpipes?
    Any dyno charts?
    Last edited by AltecBX; 07-24-2010 at 03:30 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

could answer some of your questions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Any dyno # on the CP-e?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

will be soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Any dyno # on the CP-e?
    I put down 330/360 on their mustang dyno at 14psi falling to 12 at 6000 rpm. I programmed it that way. Honestly though dyno numbers don't really matter for the standback. You can see the throttle plate is wide open and the boost is held exactly as it's supposed to. The car will make what the car will make. If you want more, up the boost. It'll keep the wgs completely shut if you call for it. In that regard it doesn't really matter.

The standback will let you do WHATEVER you want to the car. You pick the boost, timing, fueling, meth, etc. It'll follow your instructions and the car won't complain or close throttle b/c of the can boost targeting.

I've just ordered a snow meth kit and I'll be adding that and increasing boost and I'll report the dyno. One nice aspect worth mentioning is that b/c the SB can control ANY meth pump, you don't need a meth controller. YOu need lines, check valve or solenoid, nozzles, pump, reservoir, and failsafe. You have the same 30x30 table for progressively increasing meth with boost and rpm so you can dial it and be as anal as you want using the laptop.

It's cake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Does the CP-e remove the speed limiter?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Boom,
    Any updates on the meth setup and dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Meth kit arrives Thursday. Ordered from Snow. It's just a pump, tank, solenoid, safeinjection, and lines and nozzle. No need for a controller so that lowers the price a little bit on the kit. I'll install it and dyno on Saturday and write it up after.

The standback does not take the speed limiter off as of now. It might be possible later but they're not focused on that part currently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Boom.. what are your mods? Id like to come doen and see what they can do for me, maybe on their dynoday if im free

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Dci, catted dps, fmic, cbe, charge pipe w/ hks ssqv, LSD. Soon meth. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so im a bit confused.. does the current SB have CAN or is that the soon-to-be released SB2?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The standback is not officially released. When it is, it will have CAN. There were some early prototypes that ams had that did not have can or a host of other updates since that time. I'm sure CPE will update those units for free or cost of parts. The GUI has been redesigned to work with the new features and we're waiting for it to come from the sw engineer so we can test everything. It is very close to being fully finished. There have been issues with getting the code clear function to reliably work. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. I've told them that muons that uses the sb will have a bt tool but Josh insists on code clearing. When that works itll be able to deal with cat codes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Boom, I have one of the AMS units. How the upgrade will work? Have to contact AMS or CP-E directly? Any particular person? Time frame for availability???

Does the new unit will handle catless dp? Or it will just clear the codes?

As for meth, I already have my meth controller. Is there a way to setup a safety input to retard timing and lower boost or only can be done using the CP-e addon unit?
    I would like to leave the CP-e addon unit to handle aditional injectors for future turbo upgrades rather than use it for meth. Should be cool if the unit can do both at the same time. Click here to enlarge

DreX

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    The standback is not officially released. When it is, it will have CAN. There were some early prototypes that ams had that did not have can or a host of other updates since that time. I'm sure CPE will update those units for free or cost of parts. The GUI has been redesigned to work with the new features and we're waiting for it to come from the sw engineer so we can test everything. It is very close to being fully finished. There have been issues with getting the code clear function to reliably work. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. I've told them that muons that uses the sb will have a bt tool but Josh insists on code clearing. When that works itll be able to deal with cat codes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

At this time it won't handle the catless dps though that may come in the future. As for the meth failsafe, I'm not sure. There may be a way to input a flow sensor into the sb while it controls a different set of injectors. The unit disables boost and retards timing by 5 deg so it'll scare thenliving $#@! out of you if you ever lose flow. You'll be happy but scared from the response. Lol.

I'm not up on the upgrade process. When the unit is released, you'll likely send yours directly to CPE. I'll argue for them to be completely free as I feel that is appropriate. It shouldn't be too much longer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply Boom.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

What is your roll with CP-E? I'm just curious, since you seem to have all the info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I've been helping them with development and tuning. I own a 335i and we use my car for developing parts and the standback. Before this I had a mazdaspeed6 and was helping them with it. I'm not an employee but I'll tune for them when asked. I've likely tuned more mazdaspeeds than anyone. I'm a scientist by trade and am methodical in my testing and analysis so lou and I work well together. I wrote that standback intro and I also write other things for them - stuff on their site.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

At this time it won't handle the catless dps though that may come in the future.
    Just read the codes and send the delete command if only downpipe codes are present. Done. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I've been helping them with development and tuning. I own a 335i and we use my car for developing parts and the standback. Before this I had a mazdaspeed6 and was helping them with it. I'm not an employee but I'll tune for them when asked. I've likely tuned more mazdaspeeds than anyone. I'm a scientist by trade and am methodical in my testing and analysis so lou and I work well together. I wrote that standback intro and I also write other things for them - stuff on their site.
    Nice to have someone like your around, from their prospective and mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast