Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB maunal trans dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

RB maunal trans dyno

Hey guys,

Did a few dyno runs today on a customers RB car. It's FBO, manual trans, using race gas + meth. OEM TMAP. The kicker is he's running some super heavy 19" rims. Maybe a few more HP in there with a little more boost and some lighter rims.. What is the N54 twin turbo no nitrous dyno record anyway?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

2. #ADS

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

523 STD on race and meth, not bad.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Cool. 5th gear? Click here to enlarge

I think Shiv did 530 something at ASR with ASR turbos? Not sure
    Click here to enlarge
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

Normal 4th gear runs. I also did a 3-4-5 dyno run at a 50 additive so I could test his NLS out. Will post that later. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Great #'s!!! Lets get this guys some Lighter rims, Slicks and get him to the Track!!

Nice Work T... Any more information regarding the Car's setup? Is he using an upgraded fuel pump, is he maxed out? I see you used 2 different Ign maps with your flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

He's on meth using our flash so no need for a fuel pump. That is for E85 only at these power levels. We have an IGN2 map that is fairly aggressive as shown in the log. I left him loaded with the IGN map for now. If he runs well at the track and needs that extra .1ths, then the higher advance map is always there to fall back on.

Since it's a lowered manual car I expect its more likely to run low 12s than low 11s but we'll see what he can do. The NLS is a lot of fun with RBs. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

bigdnno98 is offline Building a 10sec DSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

That is one beautiful log!!! That's on the stock TMAP too at 70 add. I wonder what that thing would have hit on an N20 TMAP with a 90 add!!!! WOW!!!

Great job T!
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

80 additive for the highest dyno. But, definitely another 10hp+ in there on boost judging by PWM. And maybe 3-4hp more ditching the heavy rims.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Nice Dyno Run!
    What is the highest boost pressure the N20 TMAP can read up to?

ChuckD05 is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

he has these mods but no radials ? even on street tires he should hit 11.9@124+ id imagine..

very impressive

this makes me second guess getting rid of my 135, terry please get to the track... no reason this power level cant trap 128-129 and go 10.99.... or better (in an auto 135 and def rival dzens 6mt record if you have any skill with three pedals :p )
    Last edited by ChuckD05; 11-08-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

There are no tracks in socal, only Famoso a couple hrs away that opens every couple of months. It's open diff. With drag radials should run in the 11s though.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Have that 3-4-5 dyno to share? Really curious..if you can do both engine speed and vehicle speed would be cool to see
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

Sure, here it is. Only did one run at a lower additive to ensure the system was generally working.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

What do you guys think about my gearing and the speed on the dyno now given the 2.56 rear end and the fact that 3rd tops out at 130mph now? 3rd will suffer more transmission loss too than 4th due to gearing and 4th, and even 5th, are the standard for pulls on this platform/forums for number comparison reasons. Doing a 4th gear pull now on a dyno will top out at 176mph with my 2.56 rear end Click here to enlarge Safe for a Dynojet? I see you let off at 155mph @Terry@BMS
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

I dunno, they get pretty sketchy at higher speeds. Sounds like you will need to dyno in 3rd now.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Sucks, another drop in power dyno wise Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Sucks, another drop in power dyno wise Click here to enlarge
    what does your 1st gear top out at now? also, has anyone put the 3.06 rear end in an auto 1/335i? if so got a video or know what each gear tops at?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    great numbers Terry, i think this is the same guy that got an HPF clutch?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    What do you guys think about my gearing and the speed on the dyno now given the 2.56 rear end and the fact that 3rd tops out at 130mph now? 3rd will suffer more transmission loss too than 4th due to gearing and 4th, and even 5th, are the standard for pulls on this platform/forums for number comparison reasons. Doing a 4th gear pull now on a dyno will top out at 176mph with my 2.56 rear end Click here to enlarge Safe for a Dynojet? I see you let off at 155mph @Terry@BMS
    Why did you go with a 2.56 out of curiosity. That's extremely low ratio.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

copy the format on the dyno and display in time rather than rpm or speed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Which gear dynos you have done before? In case you have done 5th gear dynos, the total ratio has been 3.08 from 3.08 x 1 (5th is 1:1). You'll have almost the same total gearing now on 4th gear (1.19:1): 2.56 x 1.19 = 3.05

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Those are really great numbers you're putting up
    Click here to enlarge
    1999 M3 AA C30 S/C w/FMIC, UUC Motowerks, Vorsteiner, Bilsteins, Bav Auto, DEPOs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

All my dynos were always done in 4th...
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 11-09-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Terry what were your IATs for the runs with those boost levels? On my car with the big tom fmic and high boost IATs get really high..starting temps in the 50s ending at 100-105F redline 3rd...50+F rise, terrible, and its 40F out...meth will help but i wonder how much..in the summer these IATs would suck Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

Forgot to save the log, but remember know they were slowly increasing.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast