Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PROcede V4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

PROcede V4

Is anyone running the new V4 beta maps ?
    I can't wait to run them. I've been hearing great things about the smoothness, throttle response and power delivery. Just my luck, V4 comes out and my HPFP goes out the door. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I am, its really an improvement over v3, im running stage 4, gunna dyno tommorow on stock settings (didnt change user adjs.)
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Where are you dynoing at? Lujan ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i should, i have a number there from a while back on v3, 400/396. but im dynoing with a friend, dont know if hes a part of this forum yet. but its only 25 for 3 runs he says.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nice. Cant wait for the results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

friend never called me, so I'm not dynoing today, hope to dyno soon though, ill post results when I have um.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    friend never called me, so I'm not dynoing today, hope to dyno soon though, ill post results when I have um.
    My HPFP is scheduled to arrive Monday. I should have the car back up and running Tue/Wed. If you want, we can head over to Machines Gone Wild on Saturday and get some dyno time in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Got PSI Click here to enlarge
    My HPFP is scheduled to arrive Monday. I should have the car back up and running Tue/Wed. If you want, we can head over to Machines Gone Wild on Saturday and get some dyno time in.
    i am more than down, hit me up, we exchanged numbers right? if not I'll PM it to ya.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

i am more than down, hit me up, we exchanged numbers right? if not I'll PM it to ya.
    Sure thing man. Shoot it to me via PM. I didnt get your number that day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

fuuuuuuu

jk! Click here to enlarge

I've tried the JB3 but not the procede. I might pick it up since I don't have anything right now Click here to enlarge

either of you two tried the other?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dark Phantom Click here to enlarge
    fuuuuuuu

jk! Click here to enlarge

I've tried the JB3 but not the procede. I might pick it up since I don't have anything right now Click here to enlarge

either of you two tried the other?
    No, I've never driven or gone for a ride in a JB3 car. I hear a lot of great things about it though. BMW and Vishnu have gone separate ways as far as tuning and their strategies to make power. They both make great power but one claims to be safer then the other.

It seems to me that the PROcede is more advanced in the sense that it has uses realtime CAN data to adjust parameters for the tune. I also love the fact that you can view/clear DME codes with it without the need of any external device (BAV II). I also love the "on the fly" map switching you can do as you are driving. For us that are catless, we have the built in O2 modifier so we dont need to buy any external, wired-in devices to avoid cat codes.

Dont get me wrong, BMS has been doing lots of things in 2.0 and seems to be headed in the right direction. One great thing they have done is the new user interface. With previous JB versions, you had to burn a chip everytime you wanted to load a new release (1.3, 1.4, 2.0) This has ended with the new interface in 2.0. You can now download new firmware/maps via USB and a laptop. Also the ability to datalog runs and fine tune user adjustables is a step in the right direction.

Both tunes have made it difficult for new customers to choose which tune to get. Do some reading and get familiar with both tunes before you make your choice. It would also help to go on a ride in a cars that have both tunes.
    I hear that the JB3 has a lot more low-end torque power that pegs you to the back of the seat as opposed to PROcede that has nice power downlow but has a nicer, more linear pull through the RPMs and the gears.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Loaded up V4 maps last night. I'm running stage 3+. AMAZING.

Car hauls ass and is sooooo responsive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Loaded up V4 maps last night. I'm running stage 3+. AMAZING.

Car hauls ass and is sooooo responsive.
    nice man, did you upload the latest firmware? its got a whole new nameing structure, v4 style Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

nice man, did you upload the latest firmware? its got a whole new nameing structure, v4 style Click here to enlarge
    No, I havent. I will today. Is there a difference at all (besides the name) ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

No, I havent. I will today. Is there a difference at all (besides the name) ?
    Hi guys,
    We just did a little cleaning up on the tried and true v4 beta firmware (pro01v03beta169) and replaced it with new firmware (pro4v001). This fixes up a couple of little bugs and should also prevent the 11566 tuner code that was a known issue with the previous firmware. I put "should" in italics because it's still to early to tell if this is the case since our test cars never throw that code in the first place. If you throw the code, please email me so I can make further adjustments. It will be easy to fix this issue (if we haven't already). I just need more feedback/results.

Other improvements:
    -Revised PID code. Will result in quicker spool-up and better boost targeting.
    -Revised baro settings. It can now be turned on/off through the user adjustable menu. More on that later.
    -Now set up to accept a methanol flow input from 0-5v flow detector output.

FAQ:
    Is it worth updating to? Yes. I suggest doing it

Can I still run the same delicious 1-22 maps? Of course!

Do I need to reload maps after updating firmware? Nope.

Should I still follow the same suggestions when updating firmware? Yes indeed.

New firmware is posted along with the v4 beta maps on our tuning forum. I removed the old firmware and put up the new firmware in its place. Once again, NO need to reload your maps. Just update the firmware and you will be good to go.

Cheers,
    shiv

PS. New maps will be up by Monday. Hoped to get them fully tested today but it started raining. Looks like rain tomorrow as well. But don't want for the new map to update to the new firmware.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

just uploaded the new firmware and maps... here are the changes since shiv isnt a part of this board.

What's Fixed:

-Fixed the bug in the Baro Pressure offsetting feature which, depending on conditions, resulted in a boost reduction of 1-2psi.

-Revised Boosst control PID settings which should make boost even more stable during transient conditions.

-Revised Wastegate DC% tables which should result in faster boost targeting.

NEW Features!:

-Now Functional IAT based boost compensations
    Boost targets are gradually reduced as intake air temperature starts to rise above 140deg F.

-Now Functional Oil temp based boost compensations
    Boost targets are reduced when the engine oil temperature is low. By approximately 170deg F, full boost potential is achieved. Above 260 deg F, boost begins to taper downwards abruptly for engine safety.

-Reactive Throttle Blade logic
    We re-mapped how the actual throttle blade reacts to overboost conditions. Both in terms of duration and amplitude.

-Switchable Barometric Pressure compensations
    Can be enabled/disabled with the not-so-aptly named "Lagfix" user adjustable. A setting of "0" turns it OFF. A setting of "1" turns it ON. With it ON, those running at higher altitude will run less boost. The default setting is OFF.

-Now Functional User Torque Adjustable (0-100%)
    Boost can be lowered by the end user. 100% is the default setting. The lower the value, the lower the boost.

-Now Functional 1st and 2nd gear User Torque Adjustable (0-100%)
    Same as above. But specific to gear selection. Reducing this setting in 1st gear can greatly improve traction in some conditions.

-Now Functional Upshift Softening Adjustable (0-50)
    In 6AT applications, this setting determines the amount of throttle closure that occurs during moderate to full boost up-shifting. The less throttle closure, the more mid-shift boost spike. The larger the value, the more throttle blade closure and less mid-shift boost spike. The smaller the value, the less closeure and more mid-shift boost spike. The default value is 30.
    In 6MT applications, this setting doesn't do much. Leave it alone. Default value is 30.

-Adjustable Learning Gain (Future Use 2 adjustable)
    Not exactly new but some of you may not know what it does and why it is useful to adjust it. To learn what it does and how to set it for you particular car, please go The Basic v4 Custom Tuning Guide. Dialing this value in properly will make your car faster and more enjoyable. The Default value is 45.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You raise an interesting point, would like to get Shiv here but don't think he will go where Terry is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I really wish he would come to this forum, I hate trying to wade through all the 1addicts and e90post BS to find data and reviews that aren't about carbon fiber blink caps......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

dont worry, ill post major updates if there are any Click here to enlarge only issue is technical questions cannot be answered here. but shiv is usually good about answering questions. you can e-mail or reply to the threads on other forums.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

We need to get shiv overhere....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: PROcede V4

New v4 is badass !! Updated everything this morning and the car is very responsive. Actually it's a little too responsive.........freaks me out lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is great! Finally both major N54 tuners can be mentioned in the same thread without a $#@!in match going down. I really hope the tempo stays along these lines and i'm sure that others do too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I really wish he would come to this forum, I hate trying to wade through all the 1addicts and e90post BS to find data and reviews that aren't about carbon fiber blink caps......
    Click here to enlarge true... don't think anyone has even asked him to come here yet...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DiVinci Click here to enlarge
    This is great! Finally both major N54 tuners can be mentioned in the same thread without a $#@!in match going down. I really hope the tempo stays along these lines and i'm sure that others do too.
    We will make sure it does... kind refreshing, eh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It sure is. The bashing will always be fun to watch and sometimes participate in (depending on target - lol), but thats what the other forums are there for Click here to enlarge Variety is good!
    Last edited by DiVinci; 02-07-2010 at 05:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast