Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    BMW M Performance Steering Wheel (New)

    This is pretty cool in my opinion. Since it's pulling from the computer - probably pretty accurate. Not as good as going to a track, but would definitely give you a pretty good idea of where things stand after a mod (or when the weather is good) - check it out:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Points
    2,103.6
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Great Vid.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Very cool, I like the wheel for the e9x platform, not sure it's worth over 1k though...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    BMW explains the features of the BMW M Performance Steering Wheel in a new video

    The BMW M Performance Steering wheel is just quite simply way cool. The newer version of the wheel sports an updated LCD screen which is capable of displaying fuel economy/efficient dynamics index and the water/oil temperature. When put in sports mode the wheel will display performance information such as how many g's you are pulling when cornering and display a shift light. This data is all stored and can be referenced later as it would be difficult to do so while cornering.

    Click here to enlarge

    Race mode is where it is really at as it can tell you what your laptime was on the circuit you are on. In addition to that, you can select 1/4 mile mode which will measure your 1/4 mile time and turn any nice empty stretch into a dragstrip complete with the starting Christmas tree lights provided by the wheel. Very, very cool indeed. Check out the video below.


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    MMMMMarketing

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    MMMMMarketing
    Ya but it's a damn cool wheel.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21



    Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, of course it's marketing - but it's cool. I mean, for 400 dollars, you can get a G-Tech, which is probably less accurate than this steering wheel. It's actually not too bad of a price for a steering wheel - considering what it is. I would bite, but need to start putting on some performance parts... Been talking about it way too long. Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Wanted this for my 1M.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Wanted this for my 1M.
    Did you end up keeping your 1M?
    ​#Chuckstrong

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Did you end up keeping your 1M?
    Think he got rid of it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Did you end up keeping your 1M?
    It's gone. The only way I could of kept it was to pay in full, which would of never passed through the bankruptcy court anyway even if I had the money. There was a plan at first but the signing of the settlement took too long and the car was already in the repo yard. It was voluntary too, I handed it over when they showed up and whoever gets it will have a nice Tial Bypass valve and CP-E chargepipe ready for a meth nozzle.

    I at least got to pull my JB4 off. I have that, my Coolingmist WW kit and a Cobb AP with 1M files for sale. Really low on money right now from paying two different types of lawyers.

    Don't let friends ride your dirtbike (or use anything else really) without signing a good Release of Liability document...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    It's gone. The only way I could of kept it was to pay in full, which would of never passed through the bankruptcy court anyway even if I had the money. There was a plan at first but the signing of the settlement took too long and the car was already in the repo yard. It was voluntary too, I handed it over when they showed up and whoever gets it will have a nice Tial Bypass valve and CP-E chargepipe ready for a meth nozzle.

    I at least got to pull my JB4 off. I have that, my Coolingmist WW kit and a Cobb AP with 1M files for sale. Really low on money right now from paying two different types of lawyers.

    Don't let friends ride your dirtbike (or use anything else really) without signing a good Release of Liability document...
    Are yout $#@!ing Kidding me? Please don't tell me that youout your 1M because of a dumbass that wants something for nothing!
    ​#Chuckstrong

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Are yout $#@!ing Kidding me? Please don't tell me that youout your 1M because of a dumbass that wants something for nothing!
    Mad parents. Somehow getting money from me is going to sooth their pain. I was claimed negligent for letting my friend drive my dirtbike with his girlfriend on the back. I somehow was supposed to know he was going to crash, and am being accused as partly responsible. I guess I did provide the medium, but if you let someone borrow a pencil and they kill themselves, is it really your fault? He had experience and he had ridden it with someone on the back prior to that event without any injury.

    Also, isn't the person who decides to ride on the back partially responsible as well? Nobody forced her on to the bike...

    *Didn't mean to disrupt the thread.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Mad parents. Somehow getting money from me is going to sooth their pain. I was claimed negligent for letting my friend drive my dirtbike with his girlfriend on the back. I somehow was supposed to know he was going to crash, and am being accused as partly responsible. I guess I did provide the medium, but if you let someone borrow a pencil and they kill themselves, is it really your fault? He had experience and he had ridden it with someone on the back prior to that event without any injury.

    Also, isn't the person who decides to ride on the back partially responsible as well? Nobody forced her on to the bike...

    *Didn't mean to disrupt the thread.
    Seriously, $#@! people like that.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Mad parents. Somehow getting money from me is going to sooth their pain. I was claimed negligent for letting my friend drive my dirtbike with his girlfriend on the back. I somehow was supposed to know he was going to crash, and am being accused as partly responsible. I guess I did provide the medium, but if you let someone borrow a pencil and they kill themselves, is it really your fault? He had experience and he had ridden it with someone on the back prior to that event without any injury.

    Also, isn't the person who decides to ride on the back partially responsible as well? Nobody forced her on to the bike...

    *Didn't mean to disrupt the thread.
    WTF...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone die?
    ​#Chuckstrong

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Wait, so you get penalized because soemone crashed with your bike?? Damn, that's crazy, US laws are wicked! Here in Europe, you only could get involved if for example you knew the bike was in very bad condition (brakes not working properly or similar) and still let the other drive without making him aware of this.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Bike was and still is in great condition. Just needs a carb cleaning. YZ450F. And yes his girlfriend passed away. Brain swelling and bleeding, from hitting sand. Was in a coma for three days before passing. Wear helmets. (Unless you honestly don't care about dying)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -168.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    That's very unfortunate that she passed away. Going into coma for hitting

    But WTF this has anything to do with you?! I'm very sorry to hear this. I thought the situation was something like an unwanted child.

    What happened to your friend?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i
    Here in Europe, you only could get involved if for example you knew the bike was in very bad condition (brakes not working properly or similar) and still let the other drive without making him aware of this.

    Even at that situation, it's the rider's responsibility to check the vehicle not the owner.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Stupid lawyers....taking on such a case and nailing you to the stake.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •