Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Repped for Good attitude my friend. And good luck at the track!!
    went as expected. 12.29 & 12.30 at 114.6mph
    stock intercooler is holding me back

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those of saying that Mustang dyno is reading high, are drunk. Stop assuming based on what you or others couldnt achieve based on similar setup

Ak335i didnt just plug and play his JB4, he customized the settings to be optimized with his settings. Perhaps he is better at it than others ?

That shop btw is the shop I frequent and support. That mustang dyno has been verified to put down legit numbers. I personally cross referenced it with RENNtech's Dynojet that READS LOW, and was consistent with RENNtech's dynojet results. There was no significant difference between the two, when for a fact Dynojets generally read "significanlty" (10%-15%) higher than mustang dynos.

Ak335i has a really strong top end. The low end needs some work mostly because of his stock FMIC.

We both ran last night, and my best time was 12.1 @ 115 after I got over the fear of wheel hop

Car is going back into RENNtech for an update.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Those of saying that Mustang dyno is reading high, are drunk. Stop assuming based on what you or others couldnt achieve based on similar setup

Ak335i didnt just plug and play his JB4, he customized the settings to be optimized with his settings. Perhaps he is better at it than others ?

That shop btw is the shop I frequent and support. That mustang dyno has been verified to put down legit numbers. I personally cross referenced it with RENNtech's Dynojet that READS LOW, and was consistent with RENNtech's dynojet results. There was no significant difference between the two, when for a fact Dynojets generally read "significanlty" (10%-15%) higher than mustang dynos.

Ak335i has a really strong top end. The low end needs some work mostly because of his stock FMIC.

We both ran last night, and my best time was 12.1 @ 115 after I got over the fear of wheel hop

Wow man, really? Can't argue with the facts. Fact is his baseline is considerably higher than other mustang dyno's.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Wow man, really? Can't argue with the facts. Fact is his baseline is considerably higher than other mustang dyno's.
    lol thanks BuraQ. and at the end of the day it doesn't matter. More than a couple people on these forums kno how strong my car is. What people that haven't raced/driven or seen my car in person think is not important to me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

FMIC usually help in top gear, not the lower gears so it should be interesting. Sorry I didn't stay for too long to chill at PBIR, but I still had fun. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    FMIC usually help in top gear, not the lower gears so it should be interesting. Sorry I didn't stay for too long to chill at PBIR, but I still had fun. Click here to enlarge
    you sir, raped it last night

my prob is by the time I get to 3rd/4th gear on the track I'm heatsoaked. On the road though cruising then roll racing from 3rd or 4th is different because Im not heatsoaked. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice job!

FWIW on the mustang dyno by my house my car barely made 250awhp when my car was FBO (catless) with stock turbos on map 0 (stock mode), on pump 93 octane.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Nice job!

FWIW on the mustang dyno by my house my car made 250awhp when my car was FBO (catless) with stock turbos on map 0 (stock mode), on pump gas.

also I'm always on a 98ish octane has when I dyno. That is another reason my baseline is a little higher Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    lol thanks BuraQ. and at the end of the day it doesn't matter. More than a couple people on these forums kno how strong my car is. What people that haven't raced/driven or seen my car in person think is not important to me Click here to enlarge
    No one is saying your numbers arent great, just that the context under which they are presented is a bit misleading. Typical correction factor to turn MD #'s to comparable DJ #'s is 12%. Your 415whp converted to DJ numbers would be 464whp - i think we can all agree that stock turbo car cannot hit those numbers.

I honestly think you have an impressive car, but touting 415whp on a mustang dyno seems a bit optomistic. If you have had said 375-380 i would concur. I'm willing to bet that whatever MD you used reads inbetween typical DJ and MD numbers. Maybe 7% lower than DJ and 7% higher than MD. Either way, who cares - enjoy your car.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    No one is saying your numbers arent great, just that the context under which they are presented is a bit misleading. Typical correction factor to turn MD #'s to comparable DJ #'s is 12%. Your 415whp converted to DJ numbers would be 464whp - i think we can all agree that stock turbo car cannot hit those numbers.

I honestly think you have an impressive car, but touting 415whp on a mustang dyno seems a bit optomistic. If you have had said 375-380 i would concur. I'm willing to bet that whatever MD you used reads inbetween typical DJ and MD numbers. Maybe 7% lower than DJ and 7% higher than MD. Either way, who cares - enjoy your car.
    yeah seems that dyno reads 25-30 whp more than usual mustang.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    yeah seems that dyno reads 25-30 whp more than usual mustang.
    ok and how much power is needed to run 12.29 at 115 with a stock intercooler in Florida weather ? on street tires with near 2.0 60 ft? and FWIW I haven't argued once. I simply posted my results and times to go with it the next day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

You do realize that what you just said is backwards my friend.

Bottom end IS NOT effected by the Intercooler, but top end will be killed from low flow and High IAT's

Just saying

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    went as expected. 12.29 & 12.30 at 114.6mph
    stock intercooler is holding me back
    Nice numbers my friendClick here to enlarge

What tires were you on?

I'll give you one to think about, my car goes 12.08, at 124MPH on street tires.

PS: Stock IC's KILL high boost cars on the top end. They also suck for hot lapping, aka heat soakClick here to enlarge

I have to let my car sit, with headache bags, for at least 20 minute between runsClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok and how much power is needed to run 12.29 at 115 with a stock intercooler in Florida weather ? on street tires with near 2.0 60 ft? and FWIW I haven't argued once. I simply posted my results and times to go with it the next day
    no clue , i dont think "trap" wise. Your delta is very impressive.
    For reference i put down on 93 octane stage 3 (dps/IC/DCI) with jb3 map 7 370 whp and with GIAC stage 2 365whp.
    Completely stock 251whp and with stage 3 stock boost 272 whp. So we can see here that dps are adding 20 whp like in your setup . My delta is short 15 whp from yours so very good setup you got there, the octane bump is probably the cause.
    On stock boost though octane should not yield much IMHO .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was trapping 114 @ 407HP/455TQ dynojet numbers.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would think that ET is a bit high for 415whp on a Mustang Dyno, but there are too many other factors.

Look at the deltas... that is what has meaning. A 117whp delta is "OK" considering the E85 and DPs. That is about what would be expected with a JB4 G4 and a few timing issues. Solid numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys, not to highjack the thread but generally speaking what is PBIR like for track prep on TnT nights? How are they on inspection (car is 100% legal for the speed I am running). I am looking to possibly run there towards the end of Nov and am just wondering what to expect.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I was trapping 114 @ 407HP/455TQ dynojet numbers.
    I was also trapping 114 @ 392whp/398wtq dynojet numbers when I had JB4 (I am a bit lighter though.)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    His ET is VERY good for that trap. He must be a pretty good driver or have amazing tires (i forget what tires he said he had). When I trapped 114, my ET was 12.9 LOL!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    His ET is VERY good for that trap. He must be a pretty good driver or have amazing tires (i forget what tires he said he had). When I trapped 114, my ET was 12.9 LOL!
    Manual trans FTL

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks Click here to enlarge I'm ok nitto invos. and don't worry I'll trap higher and better ET tomorrow Click here to enlarge)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I would think that ET is a bit high for 415whp on a Mustang Dyno, but there are too many other factors.

Look at the deltas... that is what has meaning. A 117whp delta is "OK" considering the E85 and DPs. That is about what would be expected with a JB4 G4 and a few timing issues. Solid numbers.
    its 408/453. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone?
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Anyone?
    i give it 9/10 stars. I was bogging more than spinning with hard 2nd gr launches on nitto invos

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its 408/453. Click here to enlarge

Right so 408-291 = 117whp delta.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast