Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Longboarder's 2013 M3 DCT Build - 567 RWHP uncorrected

This is a short "build" thread since the car is less than two months old with 1,500 miles. The mods (ESS VT2 600 supercharger, MRF Engineering Velaforza catless x-pipe and Akrapovic slip on mufflers) were actually acquired before the car was delivered....and were installed in stages once the 1,200 mile service was performed so that I could measure the power increases each step of the process. Dyno's were all done at EAS.

I have included my dyno runs in both STD, SAE and uncorrected for each stage: RunFile 4) 100% stock on 91 octane; RunFile 7) VT2 600 on 91 octane; RunFile 11) VT2 600 + MRF x-pipe + Akra slip on 91 octane; and Runfile 17) VT2 600 + MRF x-pipe + Akra slip on 95 octane.

I don't have any acceleration measurements yet since I have spent the 300 miles with the mods installed getting a feeling for the car and dialing in traction. Malek @ MRF helped me dial in my M button settings (throttle sensitivity, EDC, etc) to provide maximum grip from a 2nd gear roll-on start in preparation for Shift-S3ctor. Initially, the car would just spin at WOT rolling @ 45 mph in 2nd gear as the throttle response was just too sensitive given the increase in power. Plus, our SoCal summertime is August - November and won't cool down for a while so it's kinda pointless to try 60-130's since cool temps are just right around the corner.

5psi is a mystery. It must be making more than 6 to make this kind of power. Here a dyno vid of the mechanical boost gauge. The spike above 5psi at the end of the run is simply throttle closure.

Dyno graphs and conditions:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ummm....can't post dyno graphs. can't figure out how to resize down below 195kb.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem you are having is that you are using bitmaps for some unknown reason.

Fixing it for you...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The problem you are having is that you are using bitmaps for some unknown reason.

Fixing it for you...
    Thx. I'd appreciate it if you could post the conditions and boost/airfuel. My problem is that I barely know how to turn on a computer...let alone manipulate files. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Thx. I'd appreciate it if you could post the conditions and boost/airfuel. My problem is that I barely know how to turn on a computer...let alone manipulate files. lol
    Fine.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No other car has ever made this type of power with that low boost.

If the boost is spiking at the end as the throttle plates closed then this means the boost is being measured on the plenum side rather than on the valve side of the throttle bodies.

Try taking a boost tap from the other side of the throttle bodies.

There may be a problem with the actual BOV.

It is physically impossible to make this power unless the dyno is reading mega high for some reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    No other car has ever made this type of power with that low boost.

If the boost is spiking at the end as the throttle plates closed then this means the boost is being measured on the plenum side rather than on the valve side of the throttle bodies.

Try taking a boost tap from the other side of the throttle bodies.

There may be a problem with the actual BOV.

It is physically impossible to make this power unless the dyno is reading mega high for some reason.
    You are correct that boost is being measured on the plenum side and so my feeling is that the reading is just not accurate. Weird that another ESS VT2 600 was dyno'd the day before and boost was measured the exact same way and it was measured at 6.5 to 7psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are correct that boost is being measured on the plenum side and so my feeling is that the reading is just not accurate. Weird that another ESS VT2 600 was dyno'd the day before and boost was measured the exact same way and it was measured at 6.5 to 7psi.
    You probably can get an accurate plenum side reading just not consistently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You probably can get an accurate plenum side reading just not consistently.
    Which is why I figured that after dyno'ing 3 different times SC'd with a total of 12 pulls at EAS, they would get some variances in my boost readings. But all runs have shown a tight range of boost between 4.9 and 5.1.

Maybe I will hook up the Procede CanBUS and do a log...at least that way I will get a manifold boost reading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    id be more interested in a 60-130 and 1/4 mile mph.. but thats just me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @longboarder

so, i see you have a new dyno, but your stating its the 96mm pulley? but a 625 kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ohh $#@!, you have more power now.. how the hell am I gonna stand a chance this Saturday LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Ohh $#@!, you have more power now.. how the hell am I gonna stand a chance this Saturday LOL
    i can show you a 700hp RB turbo'd N54.. doesnt make it any faster than the track and video's show..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i can show you a 700hp RB turbo'd N54.. doesnt make it any faster than the track and video's show..
    How is 700hp possible with rbs?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    How is 700hp possible with rbs?
    easy, just manipulate the data:
    (pencilgeek just uploaded a video on how to take drf to excel.. just reverse it)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @longboarder

so, i see you have a new dyno, but your stating its the 96mm pulley? but a 625 kit?
    It is a 96mm pulley as measured by EAS and MRF and as confirmed by Roman. There is no more 600 kit. For whatever reason, it is no longer sold by ESS. The old 600 kit used to come with a 96mm pulley and the old 625 kit used to come with a 92mm pulley, from what I understand. So if you are in Cali with only 91 available, the 625 kit comes with a 96mm pulley. Maybe the 625 kit sold in states that have 93 octance come with a 92mm pulley. I don't know for sure just assuming here.

Of my 5 new dyno pulls two weeks ago, 4 were about 565 RWHP uncorrected with one at 575 uncorrected @82 deg F and low humidity. SAE was something like 555 and 565.

The car feels faster because it really comes alive after 7,000 RPM and I can let it run to nearly 8,600 before shifting. It didn't make any more power - and in fact i lost 20-lb ft of torque up to 5,000 RPM as compared with my previous dyno curve. So who knows if it actually is faster.

The more important mod is the better tires. Swapped the stock PZero's with some 275 Pilot Super Sports which help alleviate the horrible traction issues I was having and are pretty good at the track. Swapping to 295 R888's since I'm tracking the car more often.
    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is a 96mm pulley as measured by EAS and MRF and as confirmed by Roman. There is no more 600 kit. For whatever reason, it is no longer sold by ESS. The old 600 kit used to come with a 96mm pulley and the old 625 kit used to come with a 92mm pulley, from what I understand. So if you are in Cali with only 91 available, the 625 kit comes with a 96mm pulley. Maybe the 625 kit sold in states that have 93 octance come with a 92mm pulley. I don't know for sure just assuming here.

Of my 5 new dyno pulls two weeks ago, 4 were about 565 RWHP uncorrected with one at 575 uncorrected @82 deg F and low humidity. SAE was something like 555 and 565.

The car feels faster because it really comes alive after 7,000 RPM and I can let it run to nearly 8,600 before shifting. It didn't make any more power - and in fact i lost 20-lb ft of torque up to 5,000 RPM as compared with my previous dyno curve. So who knows if it actually is faster.

The more important mod is the better tires. Swapped the stock PZero's with some 275 Pilot Super Sports which help alleviate the horrible traction issues I was having and are pretty good at the track. Swapping to 295 R888's since I'm tracking the car more often.
    Damn, that's good to hear. So you're gonna be on r888 tomorrow eh. Will you be there tonight?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

lol,here we go with pulley sizes again.. didnt you just say you have a 625 kit? were those results on 91 octane or a race blend?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol,here we go with pulley sizes again.. didnt you just say you have a 625 kit? were those results on 91 octane or a race blend?
    From the top
    I have included my dyno runs in both STD, SAE and uncorrected for each stage: RunFile 4) 100% stock on 91 octane; RunFile 7) VT2 600 on 91 octane; RunFile 11) VT2 600 + MRF x-pipe + Akra slip on 91 octane; and Runfile 17) VT2 600 + MRF x-pipe + Akra slip on 95 octane.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge

From the top
    im refering to new dyno's, ie not the top of this thread

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im refering to new dyno's, ie not the top of this thread
    Word, only dynos I saw in here are from 10-28-12 -- I guess the new dynos are over on M3Post
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice work!