Close

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    GS ISO Virtual Dynos

    Hi Guys,

    Just wanted to share some results of the G5 with ethanol. I have been running this for over 20,000 miles now. Just recently I stepped up to G5 ISO and I am loving it. The output numbers haven't changed with ISO, but the boost is always on target.

    These are all G5 ISO. The Map 4 (same as map 0 bypass with CAN) was done a day ago at night hence the lower temperature. Everything scale 1:1 so there is no DynoJet modifier - this is HP calculated off of F=MA. Did 3 runs of each and they were all within 5hp of each other. I threw away the ones with funky looking curves, these are the medians. This is Map 0, Map 1, and Map 5 - 17.5psi limit.

    Mods:


    JB5 ISO 11
    Wagner FMIC
    DCI

    Running 50-50 E85/91 mix in all of these runs. Fully catted. The weight is lighter than what I weigh since I was at 1/4 tank and subtracted out the difference of weight of fuel spent.

    The HP on Map 5 is consistent with pre-ISO. Its essentially the same which makes sense considering there haven't been fueling/map tweaks.


    Click here to enlarge

    Map 4 (Pass through):

    Click here to enlarge

    Map 1:

    Click here to enlarge

    Map 5 (not sure why my timing sucks, looks like it got lean, this is atypical. Normally I have perfect timing at 17.5 psi through out, as seen by AVG IGN = 0):

    Click here to enlarge

    Terry has been of the utmost help and was not only responsive but was also willing to take my nagging into consideration and improve the product. It has taken a while to get here because this platform is extremely finicky, but thanks to his help I feel that my car is finally getting dialed in. The last thing I need to fix is this slight vibration/missing at full load high gears in the midrange. I believe I need to gap the plugs tighter... will keep you all posted. After that, larger turbos, Cobb, or DPs.

    Click here to enlarge

    -CM
    Last edited by rudypoochris; 10-28-2012 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -25.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    That map 1 log looks fantastic! I'd be all over a FMIC right now if my turbos weren't going out Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    That map 1 log looks fantastic! I'd be all over a FMIC right now if my turbos weren't going out Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, the E85 cleans the timing up. FMIC does put more strain on turbos. Mine mike whinning when I start up. Hence the 17.5 psi boost limit. I could probably do 19psi with E85, but dont bc of this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -25.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, the E85 cleans the timing up. FMIC does put more strain on turbos. Mine mike whinning when I start up. Hence the 17.5 psi boost limit. I could probably do 19psi with E85, but dont bc of this.
    Yea, mine whine when it's cold and fully warmed up Click here to enlarge, never boosted more than 14psi either

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Yea, mine whine when it's cold and fully warmed up Click here to enlarge, never boosted more than 14psi either
    Oh. That sucks. Get the Vargas Stage 2?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Mine have always whined a little bit - old ones just got replaced about 3k miles ago. New ones sound exactly the same. Just beat the hell out of the stockers and get them replaced for free under wastegate rattle warranty.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Mine have always whined a little bit - old ones just got replaced about 3k miles ago. New ones sound exactly the same. Just beat the hell out of the stockers and get them replaced for free under wastegate rattle warranty.
    Ahhh, that doesn't sit right with me. Although neither did the water pump going out at 51k. Hahah. Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -25.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Mine have always whined a little bit - old ones just got replaced about 3k miles ago. New ones sound exactly the same. Just beat the hell out of the stockers and get them replaced for free under wastegate rattle warranty.
    What do you tell them if I get a faint siren when it's warm? Do I need to wait until the wastegates start to rattle? Right now they arn't, and I feel like they are going to tell me the whine is normal when it isn't

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    What do you tell them if I get a faint siren when it's warm? Do I need to wait until the wastegates start to rattle? Right now they arn't, and I feel like they are going to tell me the whine is normal when it isn't
    Unless you are still under the standard warranty, they will only replace the turbos for the waste gate rattling. I'd be shocked if you didn't have waste gate rattle, i haven't heard a single N54 yet that didn't Try listening with your JB4 in bypass mode. I doubt they will do anything bout the siren type of noise. I've seen countless other people have the same siren sound, even jeff at Topgear solutions said he had it on his car since he purchased it - he never had any issues.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    My n54 doesn't rattle after I properly adjusted the wastegates. Try that first... I'm surprised by how few haven't. Its really quite simple.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    nice boost control but way too lean
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    nice boost control but way too lean
    No flash, I know, but for the most part it is hitting target (ref trims). I have been running like this for over 20,000 miles. What do you think is the biggest concern? To me I think high EGTs...

    Like I said though, over 20,000 miles with no issues. If nothing has happened yet, I am inclined to think nothing will happen in the future. I have been wrong before though and do plan to eventually get the flash.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    @enrita can you clarify what my biggest concern should be with this lean of an AFR on E85 mix? I'd like to know so I can determine if it is worth investing in the Cobb or other parts such as suspension/brake.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    @enrita can you clarify what my biggest concern should be with this lean of an AFR on E85 mix? I'd like to know so I can determine if it is worth investing in the Cobb or other parts such as suspension/brake.
    the target AFR should be 13.5 down to 12.5 on E85 , you are not hitting that. I dont know why since your trims seems fine maybe lpfp pressure is low but than trims should be maxed so not really sure. Terry should be able to tell you what is the best to do.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    the target AFR should be 13.5 down to 12.5 on E85 , you are not hitting that. I dont know why since your trims seems fine maybe lpfp pressure is low but than trims should be maxed so not really sure. Terry should be able to tell you what is the best to do.
    I am pretty sure the JB4 G5 targets that to avoid trim outs unless you are running with a Cobb flash. I am not running with a flash, the AFR is on target (except for the very top end)... its just a high target. I am comfortable knowing that I won't have a knock issue here, I was mainly concerned about EGTs. Do you think that is going to be the main issue running this lean?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I am pretty sure the JB4 G5 targets that to avoid trim outs unless you are running with a Cobb flash. I am not running with a flash, the AFR is on target (except for the very top end)... its just a high target. I am comfortable knowing that I won't have a knock issue here, I was mainly concerned about EGTs. Do you think that is going to be the main issue running this lean?
    Ask Terry, i would not want running that AFR on my car especially if you go deep into 4th-5th gear in a single pull. If you just pull some 3rds than yeah fine.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Ask Terry, i would not want running that AFR on my car especially if you go deep into 4th-5th gear in a single pull. If you just pull some 3rds than yeah fine.
    I haven't gone deep in 5th in a while, but have done it to about 150mph before. Noted. I guess I will just wait and go with a Cobb for flash fuel.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS thoughts?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •