Thread: I think I killed my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

I think I killed my car.

Hi All,
    I recently bought a 2008 535i with just under 50k miles on it. Great maintenance record and in great shape. I installed a used Procede Rev3. I didn't get the 6 SES light flashes that would indicate the unit being VIN locked. I know I connected everything correctly. Problem is it cranks and wont start. I also got a 10715 code on the laptop software. I'm afraid in my haste and excitement to install this, I forgot to disconnect the battery and exhaust solenoid. To say that I feel quite dumb is a huge understatement. Please tell me I didn't fry my DME or anything else. After that I tried installing different MAPS with no success. Finally, I removed the whole unit buttoned everything back up and I'm still cranking not starting. Please help.

Thanks!

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

i highly doubt you did any kind of permanent damage. Your car was running fine before the install. If you forgot to disconnect the battery just disconnect it now and leave it disconnected for 30 minutes. Ensure you put all of the ECU connectors back into the correct place. I don't know anything about the procede but i know that the JB4 requires you to intercept an orange wire on a green connector in the ECU box in order to power the JB4. there are two orange wires on that connector. the other is the ignition wire. if you used the wrong wire or that one is disconnected, your car will not start. just go over the exact steps you took to install the procede and make sure everything is the way it was before you installed it. reconnect your battery and try to start the car again.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i highly doubt you did any kind of permanent damage. Your car was running fine before the install. If you forgot to disconnect the battery just disconnect it now and leave it disconnected for 30 minutes. Ensure you put all of the ECU connectors back into the correct place. I don't know anything about the procede but i know that the JB4 requires you to intercept an orange wire on a green connector in the ECU box in order to power the JB4. there are two orange wires on that connector. the other is the ignition wire. if you used the wrong wire or that one is disconnected, your car will not start. just go over the exact steps you took to install the procede and make sure everything is the way it was before you installed it. reconnect your battery and try to start the car again.

What he said...something is not connected properly, double check all your wiring...its kinda easy to mess it up or put the connectors in backwards..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I had this exact issue when I had my 535i...it was operator/installer error. Luckily for me, Terry was there really quickly to walk me through the install and when I sent him pics, he immediately told me what was wrong. Just make sure that the ECU connections are right. It's easy to swap the 2 little connectors that go in the big and little sliders. If I were you, I would take the ECU connectors off again, and take a good look at them. I forgot what they look like now but the little connections have subtle differences that once you see you will notice every time after. Just take a deep breath, and tackle it with a clear and level head, and just take it step by step. I freaked out when this happened to me! Haha, I know that feeling, man. But after I re-installed it, my car ran PERFECTLY, and I love EVERY bit of it. Click here to enlarge Hope you get this sorted and enjoy that 5er...the N54 is one beast of a car! Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

did you make sure when buying it was NOT VIN locked? And yes you messed up the installation.
    07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina B3 Flash
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Like everyone said, go over the install again, I did the same thing and did something wrongon the ignition wire step, re-do everything and if you still have a issue, call Vishnu support.
    Click here to enlarge
    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If its not starting even after uninstalling check the green power connector. Almost guarantee you forgot to reconnect it or put it in the wrong spot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Wow! This forum rocks. In short, I did put the power connection on the wrong wire for the green connector. Everything else was fine. The 535i's ECM is flipped around compared to the 335i on the install video so I messed it up...twice Click here to enlarge It's all fine now except for the fact that it is indeed VIN locked. No worries...I was actually half expecting that and had talked to Robert about it before I got the unit. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm pretty new at this forum but have been a part of many others before. This place is simply awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 88irocvert Click here to enlarge
    Wow! This forum rocks. In short, I did put the power connection on the wrong wire for the green connector. Everything else was fine. The 535i's ECM is flipped around compared to the 335i on the install video so I messed it up...twice Click here to enlarge It's all fine now except for the fact that it is indeed VIN locked. No worries...I was actually half expecting that and had talked to Robert about it before I got the unit. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm pretty new at this forum but have been a part of many others before. This place is simply awesome!
    so now you have to uninstall it again and ship it to vishnu i guess....
    07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina B3 Flash
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Glad you figured it out op, that sucks it's vin locked..... Pretty annoying that the procede has that feature.
    Click here to enlarge
    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Stick to the basics here... Everyone points to retracing the procedure from scratch and see what happens. Worst case scenario you may need to see a dealer.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Stick to the basics here... Everyone points to retracing the procedure from scratch and see what happens. Worst case scenario you may need to see a dealer.
    Lol nice pic you got there :-)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Lol nice pic you got there :-)
    She kinda sticks with ya dont she...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Glad you figured it out op, that sucks it's vin locked..... Pretty annoying that the procede has that feature.
    That vin locking is so f. Up , cant believe people are not pushing to get vishnu remove it.... Just that makes the procede a $#@!ty product hard to resell...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Glad you figured it out. Sorry to hear you are getting raped by Vishnu. Not surprised though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought vishnu got rid of vin locking?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

They did get rid of it on all new purchase proceeds. All the used v5s all vin lock though
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1487 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    They did get rid of it on all new purchase proceeds. All the used v5s all vin lock though
    Classy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Man those bombs can suffocate you if your not careful!