Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

I am baaaaacccckk

And I need some suggestions. I picked up a 2011 335is coupe manual with 850 miles on it. Photos will come onces I fix the wheels.

Whats the best fmic and DPs on the market now. I had helix and AR previously and they seemed great, anything showing better bang for the buck?

I am going to stick with cobb I think. But whys does their maps show show so little bump for stage one, but a huge bump for stage 2+?

Cheers,
    James

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    And I need some suggestions. I picked up a 2011 335is coupe manual with 850 miles on it. Photos will come onces I fix the wheels.

Whats the best fmic and DPs on the market now. I had helix and AR previously and they seemed great, anything showing better bang for the buck?

I am going to stick with cobb I think. But whys does their maps show show so little bump for stage one, but a huge bump for stage 2+?

Cheers,
    James
    Congrats on the new car....Ive seen you on the forums before I thought you got into a Porsche...Anyways 335iS is the creme of the crop so very nice pickup!

Downpipes - There is a new downpipe option that is a close copy of the AR downpipes...The brand name is VSRF downpipes and they go for somewhere under $400...They have a guarantee and lots of people have had positive feedback from them (although some have had fitment issues as well)...So worst case you will get your money back but will deal with a lot of headache...if your not willing to deal with any possible headache then just go for the AR downpipes...And you can even just go get a used pair they are going for much cheaper these days like $450-$550..

FMIC - Really depends on what you looking for...If your looking for plug and play or if you dont mind cutting into the shroud (a lot)...depending on that will narrow down what FMIC I think you should go for...Let me know

As far as COBB both Stage 1 and 2 are considered "underpowered" compared to other tunes...Stage 2 bump is due to the added downpipes which allows more boost...I believe Stage 1 maxes out somewhere around ~16psi and Stage 2 hits about ~18.5psi...As far as power though they are "dull" for the off the shelf maps compared to other tunes...They expect you to get a protune to extract the most power with your specific mods, fuel, conditions, location,etc...Most people are getting Protuned and you can even now get Protuned to run E85 with COBB maps...Hope that helps!
    Last edited by rooringhusky; 10-25-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks husky. Yea, the Porsche experiment is over and I am home again to stay. The 335is is to hold me over until the new m4 comes out.

My goal is to work my way up close to 500hp, but slowly. Start with Fmic and dps and then consider upgrade turbos in a year or so.

I would prefer to do this on pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DCT or manual?
    Either way there seems to found a new weak link in the drivetrain. Point where driveshaft connects to the differential.
    M3.
    Mazda3 that is Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got rid of the 997?...why?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    stage 1 offer very little power over stock specially on the is, because of the oversboost function which already gives you 14psi of boost vs the 7psi regular 335s are stuck at in stock tune Click here to enlarge

where's the 997???

Welcome back Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Long story short, a used 911 turbo isn't worth the 60% cost premium over a brand new 335is for a daily driver.

So I traded her in. No car loving person will agree, but I am still smiling about the new car.

Manual, until they stop selling them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even with the overboost, hp gains seem off.

edit: I guess ur right, the is does put out some nice power levels. Just motivate me to go stage 2+ sooner

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi James,

Wow! I am shocked you sold the Porsche. At the same time I am glad you came back to BMW world.

VSRF downpipes are definitely a good alternative to AR. It's just that I've seen a few users report some fitment issues. It seems there might have been a batch of ill-fitting units.

Stick with Cobb! That's a good plan. The hot thing right now is E85 and ATR. Cobb finally released E30 and race fuel maps and their long awaited ATR software. You can definitely have fun with it.

Here is my Hybrid Intake that I highly recommend if you are DIY inclined. If you have the time to read through it, you'll definitely see why I chose to make it that way.

Welcome back to BMW world. Click here to enlarge

P.S.: Go for the Apex wheels. Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Hi James,

Wow! I am shocked you sold the Porsche. At the same time I am glad you came back to BMW world.

VSRF downpipes are definitely a good alternative to AR. It's just that I've seen a few users report some fitment issues. It seems there might have been a batch of ill-fitting units.

Stick with Cobb! That's a good plan. The hot thing right now is E85 and ATR. Cobb finally released E30 and race fuel maps and their long awaited ATR software. You can definitely have fun with it.

Here is my Hybrid Intake that I highly recommend if you are DIY inclined. If you have the time to read through it, you'll definitely see why I chose to make it that way.

Welcome back to BMW world. Click here to enlarge

P.S.: Go for the Apex wheels. Click here to enlarge
    +1 on the Apex Wheels. I really wish they were around when I bought wheels for mine. Lightweight and good looking. VRSF is the new best bang for your buck out there. They have FMIC, DPs and now exhaust and will cut you a super deal if you but all 3 as a package.

Although, BMS started selling DPs now too and of course they have the best price around for new DPs.

The new AA sport is a pretty good FMIC for a decent price for AA equipment.

Welcome back, it's def an exciting time in the N54 world.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Selling the 997TT makes me a sad panda.

Either way, good to have you back. BMS or VRSF DPs, Big Tom IC (Or VRSF/ETS if you want PnP), BMS or whoever's DCI, Aquamist HFS-4, and Protuning Freaks Cobb ATP (@jhershorin) tune...and you will outrun your old 997TT.
    Last edited by DefactoM6; 10-26-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I say you send your car to FFtec and get a single, then come back and tell us all the truth about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    JB4 G5 with isolated boost control!
    CP-E Downpipes, great quality and fitment! Great price too. AR as always are great, Akrapovic dp's is the top dog But pricey.
    FMIC, alot of choices.. ETS FMIC is popular and great, i run one.. AA fmic, AMS FMIC, CPE.. Really personally pick.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    In 20 years, I will regret it, but now I have zero regrets. Its sad to not have her, but like any ex, no matter how amazing some parts were, they were outweighed by the ones that drove you to end it.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I say you send your car to FFtec and get a single, then come back and tell us all the truth about it.
    I seriously considered this, but I am only going to net about $5k from the mods off the 911 and thats the limit I am putting on modding until I have had the car for at least 16 months (how long it will take the cheaper cost of the 335is to cancel out the bath I took on trading in a 997 after 6 months after dropping $8k worth of mods into it in the first couple months). Then again, I got a deal on the 335is, cheaper than any of the IS i found on cars.com and they have 5,000 to 10,000 miles on it. My first three bmws were new and I am glad I got back to that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey, welcome back Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Long story short, a used 911 turbo isn't worth the 60% cost premium over a brand new 335is for a daily driver.

So I traded her in. No car loving person will agree, but I am still smiling about the new car.

Manual, until they stop selling them
    How about that.

Welcome back, enjoy.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Hey, welcome back Click here to enlarge
    thanks DZ, whats the best way to get a custom tune from your people?

thanks sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

thanks sticky
    Unless he is local to you, you'll get an e-tune which is what I got. I am still working with DZ on the tuning, and I am super satisfied with the result and his help.

Once you go FBO, get an e tune for E85 Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am leaning towards that. Would get a 93 octane tune and an e85 one. During the winter the 93 would be more than enough and I dont want to have to stress about filling up at two pumps when its below freezing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge

Either way, good to have you back. BMS or VRSF DPs, Big Tom IC (Or VRSF/ETS if you want PnP), BMS or whoever's DCI, Aquamist HFS-4, and Protuning Freaks Cobb ATP (@jhershorin) tune...and you will outrun your old 997TT.
    I honestly don't see that happening unless he also gets RB's. 997tt are disgustingly fast even bone stock...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In 20 years, I will regret it, but now I have zero regrets. Its sad to not have her, but like any ex, no matter how amazing some parts were, they were outweighed by the ones that drove you to end it.

I seriously considered this, but I am only going to net about $5k from the mods off the 911 and thats the limit I am putting on modding until I have had the car for at least 16 months (how long it will take the cheaper cost of the 335is to cancel out the bath I took on trading in a 997 after 6 months after dropping $8k worth of mods into it in the first couple months). Then again, I got a deal on the 335is, cheaper than any of the IS i found on cars.com and they have 5,000 to 10,000 miles on it. My first three bmws were new and I am glad I got back to that.
    Indeed. And at the end of the day, if you miss it enough, finding another clean 997TT won't be hard. Guess the same applies to exes too Click here to enlarge. And you should be able to get some very very healthy power for a whole lot less than 5k, even if you buy stuff new and pay for it to be installed
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I honestly don't see that happening unless he also gets RB's. 997tt are disgustingly fast even bone stock...
    Totally agree that they're fast, but they can be bumped off, even with an exhaust and stuff. Once they're tuned though, it's pretty tough without RBs. But then they usually have slippy clutches. Click here to enlarge.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

thanks sticky
    As @marv85 mentioned it'd be an eTune (remote tuning) unless you're local to us. Local tuning would be either Maryland, US or Toronto, Canada at the moment.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    .......... I picked up a 2011 335is coupe manual with 850 miles on it.......
    Congrats....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast