Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

JB3/JB+ to Procede Upgrade Special?

Seems Mike@N54tuning's post may have gotten to Shiv: Procede -> JB3 upgrade

Directly from Shiv:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiv
    So it’s summer time and things are heating up. Some of you are probably beginning to notice that your tune that felt good in the winter, now feels temperamental and unstable. Or perhaps you are tired of dealing with 30FF/underboot codes and even more tired of checking and re-checking for boost leaks that you know you don’t have. Or just maybe you have a boost gauge and you see your tune device controlling boost just about as well as Kate Gosselin controls her 8 dependents. Or you might even be looking at upgraded turbos and have finally come to the realizing that you need something more than a well-marketed boost controller to keep your engine in one piece. Or perhaps you are dealing with frightening ignition glow/"super-knock" codes that you can't seem to shake. Or maybe you're tried of juggling back and forth between different "maps" and having to fiddle with your computer. Or just maybe you've finally realized that the modular/add-on approach to tuning hardware not only falls short or manufacturer claims but also works out to be less effective, more expensive and way more frustrating in the long run.

If that's true, it's time to upgrade to a properly-designed, fully-integrated and fully-functional tuning platform. One that wont require additional hardware upgrades in the future to stay non-obsolete. One controls fuel, boost AND ignition timing. And does so by monitoring 3-4 times as many data channels as your current tuning device.

There is nothing else better to change to than the AutoTuning Procede Rev.2. No more troublesome trouble codes. No more limp modes. No more rough power delivery. No more dealing with performance inconsistencies that you can no longer ignore. Now you can have a tune that offers smoothness that rivals that of the best DME reflashes with the power and features that no traditional piggyback can even offer.

If you send us the PnP harness you used with your Jb3 (you can keep your JB3 unit), we will personally wire-in a Procede Rev.2 computer and send it back to you ready for plug-in installation and loaded with the latest maps/features.

Or if you provide us proof of previous JB tune ownership we will send you a fully updated PnP Procede Rev.2 computer once we receive payment.
    The questions of these claims on some other board (there is another board?) led to this gem which no doubt won't last:

Click here to enlarge

Let's see what neutral ground under the fresh air of freedom has to say on the matter.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bickering over these things isn't a very productive use of time. It just goes to show how desperate Shiv is to make a sale. He's going to need to make as many as he can now as in a few more months we're going to blow him out of the water. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Bickering over these things isn't a very productive use of time.
    I beg to differ Click here to enlarge

It just goes to show how desperate Shiv is to make a sale. He's going to need to make as many as he can now as in a few more months we're going to blow him out of the water. Click here to enlarge
    Seems he is firing at you guys pretty hard so the bickering already started whether you like it or not. Pettiness aside, are fault codes an issue? Those are some pretty ballsy/aggressive negative claims made right there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have to say I lol'd when Shiv implied that the Procede outsold the JB3. I thought that conversation had been completed and proved pointless enough to not try to prove it one way or the other. But I guess it's more situational ha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Pettiness aside, are fault codes an issue? Those are some pretty ballsy/aggressive negative claims made right there.
    It's just complete blown out of proportion nonsense. We have a turbo duty cycle limit that improves safety but will trigger a 30FF code (as designed) if you push the boost target higher than the safety resistors allow. Some heavily modified cars bump against it. The solution is to lower your target, improve your efficiency (with more mods, or fixing your leak if you have one), or go PROcede style and reduce/nullify the safety system. There are no problems with unresolved codes from the JB3. Every code has a cause and a solution as it should be.

We should make an ad that says: "Tired of getting misfire codes every time your automatic shifts at redline? Tired of running 9psi up top and losing races?" etc. But no reason to stoop to that level. As I said before they're pushing while they can but underhanded tactics like this just make us feel better about what we have in the works. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I read that too Sticky. Made me LOL. I have never had a tuner code get thrown while on map 5 in summer heat. The only codes I got were fuel pump crap out. I honestly think Shiv cant come up with a better way to advertise a sale than to bash a competitor, and this is not something a smart consumer likes to see. What does that tell you about how they run their business?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh boy, there's been plenty of bashing from both sides lately.. kinda of funny
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The way it was written wasn't the best but he hit alot of key points. I had all the side effects when I had my jb3 minus the glow codes and since I have switched over I have had none. But I will always stand by you will like no matter what tune you get, its just those that try both will get what they really want because everyone has different needs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats funny Click here to enlarge problem is word of mouth is better advertising and the JB cant be beat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    oh boy, there's been plenty of bashing from both sides lately.. kinda of funny
    Honestly, this is true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blk135 Click here to enlarge
    The way it was written wasn't the best but he hit alot of key points. I had all the side effects when I had my jb3 minus the glow codes and since I have switched over I have had none. But I will always stand by you will like no matter what tune you get, its just those that try both will get what they really want because everyone has different needs.
    I'm curious, what was your setup?

Did you attempt to troubleshoot the issues before making the switch?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, they're really biting over at the vishnu side, however, it seems as though from what terry is saying...bms has something new cooking? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Wow, they're really biting over at the vishnu side, however, it seems as though from what terry is saying...bms has something new cooking? Click here to enlarge
    The new BMS product discussion was all here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...n-Adopting-CAN

Wonder why Shiv is so much more aggressive on his own board...?

Here are some pics:

Procede Left/JB3 right:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Some details about the Procede (higher res images in the future would help Shiv Click here to enlarge )

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can i get a free PRO is i sell my JB3 and talk bad about the jb3????????????????? !!!

LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All those JB3 bashing posts on e90post just backfire most of the time. It actually made me buy the jb3 instead of the proceed. I said to myself: Even if the procede was superior as its maker claimed, I would not give my business to a person who always bad mouths the competitor like that. I made the right decision, and I will remain a loyal JB3 customer no matter what the competitor say.
    Last edited by Ocbimmer; 07-18-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In a couple more months that loyalty will pay off. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive been loyal since day one> Ive gone through JB1 JB2 JB3 and everything in between so my loyalty better pay off
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocbimmer Click here to enlarge
    All those JB3 bashing posts on e90post just backfire most of the time. It actually made me buy the jb3 instead of the proceed. I said to myself: Even if the procede was superior as its maker claimed, I would not give my business to a person who always bad mouths the competitor like that. I made the right decision, and I will remain a loyal JB3 customer no matter what the competitor say.
    ive been saying this from the beginning..

besides that, the realworld results, from actual customers, of the JB3 Vs V4, have proven that one is clearly still the better performer,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Seems Mike-N54tuning's post may have gotten to Shiv:
    Nah, Shiv and I are best friends Click here to enlarge I love waking up every morning, opening my computer and logging on and reading the latest Shivisms. Its been pretty hardcore in the last few weeks.

Mike

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lmao, some of these threads offer really great information. But in reality most of them are full of clueless fanboism and/or vendors/tuners spreading FUD, no vendor/tuner excluded. Some try to play the I'm your friend game, and some just don't and tell the truth/facts whatever you wanna call it. What seems like is if we all start adding smiley faces then it's all good. Yet somehow, one can't seem but to keep reading some of these threads, cause it's damn entertaining at points. Click here to enlarge
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky is such an instigator lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    lmao, some of these threads offer really great information. But in reality most of them are full of clueless fanboism and/or vendors/tuners spreading FUD, no vendor/tuner excluded. Some try to play the I'm your friend game, and some just don't and tell the truth/facts whatever you wanna call it. What seems like is if we all start adding smiley faces then it's all good. Yet somehow, one can't seem but to keep reading some of these threads, cause it's damn entertaining at points. Click here to enlarge
    This

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Sticky is such an instigator lol
    It seems I may have been reading too many of your posts as of late as I'm subconciously picking up on the style Click here to enlarge

You started this one, I just made the thread about you said yourself since you are not allowed to do that being a guest vendor and all. Yes, you are welcome and I'm glad you appreciate the generosity Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocbimmer Click here to enlarge
    +1..when I bought my JB3 I knew nothing about the N54..honestly the only reason I went with the JB3 is because I didnt want to give my money to someone who a runs a business by continuously bad mouthing the competiton. Now that I know more about this platform, Im confident I made the right choice. BTW..Map 7 with full bolt ons daily driver in the florida heat and NEVER one tune related code or misfire

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have gotten both knock and underboost codes on JB+ at 100% with bypass done? I will be upgrading soon, was thinking V4 but now I'm curious to see what comes up in the near future with JB3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast