Close

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    289
    Rep Points
    1,038.2
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Evolve E39 m5 Supercharger Kit

    Evolve Supercharger Kit - BMW E39 M5


    Rotrex C38-91 Supercharger (1100 CFM)
    CNC Ultra Aluminium Bracket with integrated Cooling Hose
    CNC Aluminium Crank Pulley
    8-Rib Belt Drive
    270 Degree Belt Wrap
    8 x Larger Bosch Injectors
    Pre-preg Carbon Fibre Flow optimised intake system
    Side Mount Air to Air Intercooler with modified arch liners (stage 2)
    TIAL 50mm Blow Off Valve
    Evolve AlphaN ECU programme
    Plenum Breather system
    Power Steering Relocation Kit
    Clamps, Silicone Hoses and fitting kit


    No permanent alteration to bodywork required.


    Fog Light Delete recommended for optimal cooling.


    Stage 1 - 5 PSi - 520-550 crank HP
    Stage 2 Intercooled - 6 PSi and 7 PSi - 575-610 crank horse power

    Retail Prices:

    Stage 1 - 5400
    Stage 2 - 7500

    VAT @ 20% applies to UK and EU countries.






    Images:


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge




    Dyno graphs to follow....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Points
    2,103.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That looks like an amazing bit of kit. Cant wait to have a go in it when I come visit.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Can we get pricing in dollars as well please?

    Need the graph.

    Congrats guys, I'll front page this shortly.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    207
    Rep Points
    952.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oh, any videos?
    Here you go.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thank you. @Imranevolve do you have pricing figures in Dollars?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    207
    Rep Points
    952.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thank you. @Imranevolve do you have pricing figures in Dollars?
    @1.6 in USD:

    RRP's

    $8640

    $12000

    Intro discounts to BB members will apply. Still sorting these out.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    207
    Rep Points
    952.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry - should have added them in to the last post.

    Wheel Power
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Flywheel (Crank) Power
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Can I get an S62 baseline on your dyno without the SC?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    207
    Rep Points
    952.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sure but it will take a while as the dyno is in use all afternoon.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Imran[MENTION=1803
    evolve;343122]Sure but it will take a while as the dyno is in use all afternoon.
    Bummer, you have no S62 dyno laying around? Want to get this article up.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    207
    Rep Points
    952.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    We have hardly any stock cars coming in these days. I'll get some as soon as I can.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What a beautiful power curve! So much torque! This thing has got to be a monster on the street and track!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Promoted to front page, added intro paragraph and grouped the images, graphs, and video together for the article:

    Here it is, the Evolve Automotive supercharger kit for the BMW E39 M5 S62 V8. The kit has been under development for some time now getting tested and perfected. They use a Rotrex C38-91 blower which is capable of 1100 CFM and tends to offer excellent mid-range power and throttle response preserving important naturally aspirated M motor characteristics. They include a blow off valve, air to air intercooler, and Evolve Alpha-N ECU tuning. Stage I and Stage II are available.

    The Stage I kit is priced at 5400 or $8640. It offers 5 PSI of boost and 520-550 horsepower. Stage II is priced at 7500 or $12000 and offers 6-7 psi of boost and 575-610 horsepower at the crank.

    A high quality kit with high quality parts with an emphasis on a solid power curve that maintains excellent throttle response. Well done Evolve. Further details below in Evolve's own words.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    street videos!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    289
    Rep Points
    1,038.2
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky,
    there is something we should point out.

    On our dyno dynamics the recommended gear to use on any car is where the car is reaching it's peak power nearest 100mph. So in the case of the E39 M5 and most M power cars this is 100mph.

    Using this has always given us very close to the stock factory flywheel figures.

    However, the problem is that with these big torque supercharged cars there is simply too much torque applied in 3rd gear and we suffer from wheel slip. How do we know this?

    Using the same red car in the video, when it was stock it was achieving around 93mph @ 7000rpm on the dyno.
    However, once supercharged, it only manages a roller speed of 80mph at 7000rpm. Clearly indicating wheel slip through the rpm range. Wheel slip means less power transmitted. What we also get is the engine is underloaded.

    So, in the case of these cars we moved to 4th gear and we have enough grip. The run is longer and the engine is loaded up much better.

    Unfortunately 4th gear reads slightly higher than 3rd on a stock car. We cannot however find the tests in 4th as it is difficult to remember out of the hundred plus cars we have tested which few we may have done a 4th gear pull as an experiment.

    A stock car reads around 320-325whp in 3rd and 330-335whp in 4th. However we never ran this car when it was stock in 4th gear. So to get a true and honest graph comparison is difficult from our dyno unless we return the car back to stock.

    What we do know is that this car when stock made bang on average numbers in 3rd gear.

    So, if it is acceptable we can dyno test a car which makes the same numbers in 3rd and then dyno it in 4th and compare those graphs.

    What we also plan on doing next week is to dyno 3 evolve supercharged cars with different setups on a dynojet machine and publish the DRF files. This will give a much better indication as most E39 tests are done on a dynojet. You can then compare the graphs to other supercharged cars.

    We are expecting around 480-520 whp on a dynojet with good repeatability.

    However, we do need to have a fan setup which fires at the intercooler and the air filter at the same time. Given that they are on opposite sides of the car this requires two fans. Not many dyno shops have this setup.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @evolve always doing it right!! I can't wait for next week to come...and I don't even own an E39 M5 hahaha
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,
    there is something we should point out.

    On our dyno dynamics the recommended gear to use on any car is where the car is reaching it's peak power nearest 100mph. So in the case of the E39 M5 and most M power cars this is 100mph.

    Using this has always given us very close to the stock factory flywheel figures.

    However, the problem is that with these big torque supercharged cars there is simply too much torque applied in 3rd gear and we suffer from wheel slip. How do we know this?

    Using the same red car in the video, when it was stock it was achieving around 93mph @ 7000rpm on the dyno.
    However, once supercharged, it only manages a roller speed of 80mph at 7000rpm. Clearly indicating wheel slip through the rpm range. Wheel slip means less power transmitted. What we also get is the engine is underloaded.

    So, in the case of these cars we moved to 4th gear and we have enough grip. The run is longer and the engine is loaded up much better.

    Unfortunately 4th gear reads slightly higher than 3rd on a stock car. We cannot however find the tests in 4th as it is difficult to remember out of the hundred plus cars we have tested which few we may have done a 4th gear pull as an experiment.

    A stock car reads around 320-325whp in 3rd and 330-335whp in 4th. However we never ran this car when it was stock in 4th gear. So to get a true and honest graph comparison is difficult from our dyno unless we return the car back to stock.

    What we do know is that this car when stock made bang on average numbers in 3rd gear.

    So, if it is acceptable we can dyno test a car which makes the same numbers in 3rd and then dyno it in 4th and compare those graphs.

    What we also plan on doing next week is to dyno 3 evolve supercharged cars with different setups on a dynojet machine and publish the DRF files. This will give a much better indication as most E39 tests are done on a dynojet. You can then compare the graphs to other supercharged cars.

    We are expecting around 480-520 whp on a dynojet with good repeatability.

    However, we do need to have a fan setup which fires at the intercooler and the air filter at the same time. Given that they are on opposite sides of the car this requires two fans. Not many dyno shops have this setup.
    I see, I understand your point. I simply wanted to show the gains versus stock so people understand the difference the supercharger makes.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks like a great kit, I'll be looking at this or the ESS kit next year for my E39.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    6.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    looks like you guys really did your homework their at Evolve. nice job on another great product.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gnarlyfox001 Click here to enlarge
    looks like you guys really did your homework their at Evolve. nice job on another great product.
    Click here to enlarge

    Why hello there. Don't worry, only less than 800 posts here, haha.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    6.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    Why hello there. Don't worry, only less than 800 posts here, haha.
    lol nice

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •