318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

street racing zero tolerance

DISCUSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol a lot of stupid reasons...I guess if I hang something from my tow hook its considering a sign that says hey I wanna race.

LOL oldest line in the book 'I just bought the car yesterday'....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a lot of his assumptions about stolen cars is true...one of the reasons I stopped street racing. You didnt know any of the other people usually..if word got out what your car had in it, it usually got jacked within a week of the race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    a lot of his assumptions about stolen cars is true...one of the reasons I stopped street racing. You didnt know any of the other people usually..if word got out what your car had in it, it usually got jacked within a week of the race.
    i should promote my car more often then Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i should promote my car more often then Click here to enlarge
    lol..if only BMWs were as easy to jack as hondas...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Saw this on tv a while back;those idiots deserve to be caught/arrested. There are MUCH more discreet/safe ways to get it in. Idiot ricers personified
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ricers on ricer BS... Thats why I dont go to certain places anymore and prefer to get with a small group of cars and have fun. Too many cars draws far to much attention IMO and moreover gets the cops bent out of shape. Now their theory on the stuff hanging on the back of the cars is totally wrong LOL. But whatever
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No time to rice.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LMAO! ^
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In all seriousness there would be no need to street race if tracks were open all the time and they stopped shutting them down. Down to 3 1/4 mile strips in California and 0 in SoCal yet SoCal is the largest car market in the United States.

They would rather arrest/fine you then allow you to race legally. $#@! them.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    In all seriousness there would be no need to street race if tracks were open all the time and they stopped shutting them down. Down to 3 1/4 mile strips in California and 0 in SoCal yet SoCal is the largest car market in the United States.

They would rather arrest/fine you then allow you to race legally. $#@! them.
    That assumes everyone wants to run the 1/4 mile... I for one have no desire to run the 1/4 at all, I prefer rolls and top end pulls which drag strips cannot support. That being said you could reduce some of the players but not all of them, keep in mind as well for many its the rush. So legal option or no they love the streets.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    That assumes everyone wants to run the 1/4 mile... I for one have no desire to run the 1/4 at all, I prefer rolls and top end pulls which drag strips cannot support. That being said you could reduce some of the players but not all of them, keep in mind as well for many its the rush. So legal option or no they love the streets.
    You can have roll on tracks, why not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    most tracks wont do rolls, also, most 1/4 tracks arent long enough.. there is an opening for such events, and some are looking into capitalizing on it Click here to enlarge

places like Atco are trying to get it off the streets. things like highschool shoot outs, keeping TnT's to $15 so kids can afford it , imprt bracket nights ect. nothing is going to replace street racing, but at least mitigate it.

for instance, the other night against the porsche, there were to $#@!bag civics following us and being all around fuktards. They were close to being $#@! on, but it didnt come to that.

I think sledge eluded to it before, the more mature group tends to be smaller and wiser about when and where they do it. The crowd in this though is surely not welcome or encouraged

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Street racing will obviously never be eliminated but closing tracks constantly only makes the problem worse.

If I could design a track it would accommodate roll on and 1/4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good video, seems like something they would show in a driving class.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure I understand the purpose of the random shots of the suspension of the cop car. Click here to enlarge

Gotta love how the GMC is running at redline after hitting the tree without blowing up. Gotta love domestic reliability.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a modified 5000 lbs dodge charger ROFL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    a modified 5000 lbs dodge charger ROFL
    Funny, a few years ago when I was in high school, a bunch of the aggressive driving unit cops came in to talk to us. We were in a automotive program so obviously had car knowledge. All these guys talked about was how there modified chargers were the fastest cars on the street. It didn't matter what you drove, they could keep up whether it was a bike or whatever. We were all loling pretty hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Funny, a few years ago when I was in high school, a bunch of the aggressive driving unit cops came in to talk to us. We were in a automotive program so obviously had car knowledge. All these guys talked about was how there modified chargers were the fastest cars on the street. It didn't matter what you drove, they could keep up whether it was a bike or whatever. We were all loling pretty hard.
    They probably actually believe that nonsense...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They probably actually believe that nonsense...
    I remember taking a cop-friend for a ride in my 300zxTT over a decade ago during the Crown Vic era. He'd never been in a quick car and this car trapped about 107-108 with the mods it had (and that was pretty fast back then for an import). He'd been saying he could keep up in his 'Police Interceptor'. The look on his face when I hit boost in 2nd gear was pretty priceless Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Very few states actually rock modded police cars... On the East Coast for instance you have Maryland which is know to run plain clothes 2011-up Mustang GT's with FRPP approved blowers on them for "Pursuits" that's in addition to Camaro's and the new Chevy Caprice cars. They take that $#@! more than seriously and have something in the area of at least 10 blown GT's and around 100 GT's altogether statewide. North Carolina is running SRT8 powered Chargers in plain clothes, Mustang GT's and Camaro's. The latter two are running no rear seats and gears for better acceleration. Coupled with bolt on parts like exhaust and K&N filters.

New Jersey State Police run SRT8 power Chargers here that are not marked they even have the factory fog lights in place they look stock no so much as an antenna sticking up off them. They have one tail tail sign on them and thats a Pursuit badge on the passenger rear corner of the trunk. Those are not slow not from a roll. We are rumored to have new Mustang GT police cars with Auto Trans as well but I have not seen one or heard of it directly from LEO's I know. But the goal of these cars is to maintain visual contact not always to run you down. The ability to keep eye contact and radio is the end goal for states like NJ. Versus MD which is a heavy drug corridor they want to do more than keep an eye. They intend to run you down at any speed. I've watched the SRT8 walk down a few cars with some ease, granted they were not running but the time to distance on them is impressive.

One thing I have seen in recent weeks Taurus SHO police cars used by local cities in NJ and a few NJSP with them, thats AWD and TT to boot. That being said the average cop thinks these V8 Chargers are lightning fast until a modded Civic Si or Cooper S requires 5 miles to run down flat out LOL.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

My first thought was how old is this crap didn't know people were still street racing civics, integras and corollas. I didn't see anything really even current. I know street racing can be dangerous only because of the idiots that shouldn't be driving to begin with a slow ass 14.5-15.5 second FWD car is much safer in a straight line that a RWD american get no traction older mustang or camaro.

As for the GM vehicle it depends on if it was in neutral/park of in gear as most GM's only allow you to rev up so to so many RPM's like 4K anyway. Even at redline you'd be surprised how long you can go with no damage. I traveled for work almost every week for over 10 years with a different POS rental car and I've abused several. Only a Ford Contour, Mazda Protege and Suzuki Grand Vitara was I able to slightly hurt. Contour I drove at redline in 1st gear for 10 miles before it finally shut off but restarted after putting in park and went another 3 before my destination. Protege trans overheated and went out doing non stop burnouts in the rain. Suzuki pulled off the tow hooked trying to pull tree stumps, the tree was only 2.5 inches around, my uncle said screw it and used his old corolla and didn't hurt it.

I know some states have a decibel regulation on loud exhaust but never hear that you can't modify your exhaust except with CA and their CARB restrictions. But I do believe that every car with a fart can should have got an automatic ticket.

As for the low key cop car you gotta be kidding me, as a standard cop choice of a charger with a push bar and spot lights like that's not obvious. Definately should have used something else, my buddy got caught street racing and pulled over by a saturn now that's something you don't expect.