Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Just a gauge, who has raced RB turbos with stockers? Post here.

Assuming you have stock turbos and fairly similar upgrades (not the turbos of course), who has run an N54 with upgraded RB's turbos and won? What were the different upgrades that made the difference? This is only for stock hairdryers, not upgraded turbos.

Caveat: I have the utmost respect for RB and his turbos. This thread is only meant to find the thresholds of our stock turbos in the quest to squeeze more power out of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i personally think that the only way for a stock turbo car to keep up with a rb car is for the stock turbo car to be running e85 fbo with a well calibrated map 5 or even better map 7. However for it to be close the rb car would have to be on pump gas and on a milder map. granted with these considerations i think the stock turbo car would still get pulled away from up top as those rb turbos keep boost til redline
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a fully maxed out RB turbo car will walk away from a fully maxed stock turbo car in virtually every given situation.

Unless the RB turbo car gets a flat tire or limps during the race, I don't see it happening at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    a fully maxed out RB turbo car will walk away from a fully maxed stock turbo car in virtually every given situation.

Unless the RB turbo car gets a flat tire or limps during the race, I don't see it happening at all.
    i completely agree the only way it would be an even race is a fuel, supporting mods, weight mismatch.

ie: 135i weight redux running e85 protuned or a race map vs a rb full weight 335i on 91 with an off the shelf map and worse supporting mods

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    E85 won't help a stock turbo car against a RB car IMO, mods being equal besides the rbs. I don't know if a race has actually taken place though
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If anyone with RBs is within a couple hour drive to me I'd be willing to go on a bit of trip to see how big a difference it is. It could be a before and after comparo for the Vargas stage 2s when they come in.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    E85 won't help a stock turbo car against a RB car IMO, mods being equal besides the rbs. I don't know if a race has actually taken place though
    im not saying just e85 will beat a rb car it would need all those things i listed rbs are no joke especially with terry now putting down 520whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Either way both turbos belong on motorcycles lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RB car will walk away we all know this. The question is really by how much.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Depends on modifications on both cars and octane used especially meth. If the RB car is running pump gas only, and say mid summer and say stock fmic lol while the stock turbo car is on E85 and/or meth I say the stock turbo car (given both are 6AT so there's no driver error) will take it due to octane requirements and the DME pulling timing on the RB car heavily due to IATs hitting 140-160F in a single gear pull.

With E85/meth on both cars stock turbos stand no chance unless you have someone with a 6MT driving the RB car that is a horrible driver then anything is possible Click here to enlarge with pump on both cars, same mods, its the same story again, RB car wins but results won't be dramatic
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Depends on modifications on both cars and octane used especially meth. If the RB car is running pump gas only, and say mid summer and say stock fmic lol while the stock turbo car is on E85 and/or meth I say the stock turbo car (given both are 6AT so there's no driver error) will take it due to octane requirements and the DME pulling timing on the RB car heavily due to IATs hitting 140-160F in a single gear pull.

With E85/meth on both cars stock turbos stand no chance unless you have someone with a 6MT driving the RB car that is a horrible driver then anything is possible Click here to enlarge with pump on both cars, same mods, its the same story again, RB car wins but results won't be dramatic
    This is all hypothetical right? LOL
    Following this logic and all things being equal including gas (octane), with the exception of:

RB turbos
    no FMIC
    and no meth

vs.

a full bolt on stock turbos +meth

Winner = stocker?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    This is all hypothetical right? LOL
    Following this logic and all things being equal, with the exception of:

RB turbos
    FMIC
    and no meth

vs.

a full bolt on stock turbos +meth

Winner = stocker?
    hard to say Click here to enlarge it'll be a close race for RBs on pump gas if done mid winter (cold out), better driver with lighter rims will win i think but anything is possible Click here to enlarge if you put E85 in the RB car its game over

RB FBO pump gas cars on a reliable tune will in most cases put down about 415-430whp depending on dyno...stock turbo FBO meth cars can consistently put down the numbers in the same range so it'll be close...the thing is once you have good octane on the RB car you can turn things up considerably more while the stockers are at that point already pretty much tapped out
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    hard to say Click here to enlarge it'll be a close race for RBs on pump gas if done mid winter (cold out), better driver with lighter rims will win i think but anything is possible Click here to enlarge if you put E85 in the RB car its game over

RB FBO pump gas cars on a reliable tune will in most cases put down about 415-430whp depending on dyno...stock turbo FBO meth cars can consistently put down the numbers in the same range so it'll be close...the thing is once you have good octane on the RB car you can turn things up considerably more while the stockers are at that point already pretty much tapped out
    RB turbo cars are closer to the 400-410 range on pump gas in any reliable form. I'm sure you can get 450 whp on pump gas all-out on the dyno, but not something i'd want to run for any sustained period of time. Octane is the limiting factor, not airflow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If @litz4244 comes into the Philly area, I'll have an answer for everyone tomorrow

I'll be running my E90 6AT, FBO with a PTF E85 Protune
    Pretty sure litz's car is an E90 6AT, FBO with RBs running the JB4 (?)

I'll let him confirm
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    If @litz4244 comes into the Philly area, I'll have an answer for everyone tomorrow

Pretty sure litz's car is an E90 6AT, RBs with a JB4 (?)

I'll let him confirm
    I predict he'll get you by a good 3-4 cars. Don't shift into 5th gear or else you're going to drop timing in all cylinders. I saw your logs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hahah I'll ride out 4th as long as I can. I know that LM's been looking to race an RB car to see where his "entry level 535" kit stacks up against it
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hahah I'll ride out 4th as long as I can. I know that LM's been looking to race an RB car to see where his "entry level 535" kit stacks up against it
    @litz4244 has a strong car if he trapped 124 on it. But it's not maxed out by any means.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Pretty sure litz's car is an E90 6AT, FBO with RBs running the JB4 (?)

I'll let him confirm
    Tell him to race you on pump with RBs, JB4 should be map5 that works best on pump?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tell him to race you on pump with RBs, JB4 should be map5 that works best on pump?
    He actually has a procede.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    rb's only put down 410ish whp on pump? so terry with e85 makes 100 more hp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the RB car would have to be 16 psi or less, no e85, no meth and a 65*+ weather, and the stocker at full blast to win.

As is now confirmed by people other than me, RBs at 17 ish psi, with some form of cooling( meth or E85) are good for easy 120-124mph traps. thats pretty difficult for stock turbo cars to replicate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It would seem E85 adds about as much power as does the switch from stock turbos to RBs. I could see a stock turbo E85 car hanging with an RB car if the RB car was pump only and no meth/E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry I just got on. The only problem with Sunday nights is its an hr ride and it starts at ten i won't be home till like 1 and I have to be up at 5 for work Monday. I wish you guys could come out like a fri or sat night. My car is on a Procede rev 2.5 on 93 and meth on 17 to 17.5 psi. Last weds I ran 3 times 11.9 to 11.7 and trapped 124 everytime.
    07 e92 335i 6spd FBO for now

03 z06. 402 with a YSI. 910whp 756wtq at 15psi 93 and meth. Current

2007 e90 335 6at Rb turbos, Fbo, meth 11.7 at 124mph 17psi 93 and meth. Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @themyst what time today? DA is -500 right now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    @themyst what time today? DA is -500 right now...
    Hes coming down to atco today? I deff interested to see how he does. Seems like a strong car I am sure he's going to put down some good times.
    07 e92 335i 6spd FBO for now

03 z06. 402 with a YSI. 910whp 756wtq at 15psi 93 and meth. Current

2007 e90 335 6at Rb turbos, Fbo, meth 11.7 at 124mph 17psi 93 and meth. Sold

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast