Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Proposed subscription pricing - Give me feedback

Hey guys, I know I have been talking about this forever but almost ready to launch Click here to enlarge Just tweaking some things, want people to get their money's worth. This isn't going to be some pathetic crap like other forums where your name gets highlighted and you get some more PM space.

Now, I am going to do a two tier structure.

First is regular subscriber for $20 a year.

I'll list all the features another time but just the quick gist is lowered rep spread to 5 from 10, ability to ban users from participating in threads you create, and extended edit time to about a week, might go longer.

Second is premier subscriber and this is where I'm toying with the pricing.

I was thinking of making it lump sum 1 time payment. I won't reveal all the features just yet but the rep spread will be lowered from 5 to 3 for this tier, means a lot more repping without restriction which is the main appeal.

Now, that won't be a small amount of money and I don't expect many people to sign up for it. I think a cheaper yearly recurring subscription for the premier might be a great idea.

I just want your guys feedback as I'm tailoring this all for you anyway. It's taken a bit of custom programming to have everything work the way I want it to and shift some power from myself to you guys. The goal of a self-moderated forum becoming a reality and no other auto forum giving its users anywhere near this much power. I like that.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    How about a free forum were the sponsors pay for advertising?
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    How about a free forum were the sponsors pay for advertising?
    The forum is free with sponsors paying for advertising so what are you talking about?

How do you propose paying for additional custom features and improvements beyond the scope paid for by advertising? Chatroom, T-shirts, mobile apps, etc.?

Nobody is putting a gun to your head use the forum for FREE as you already do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

we can always support the forum by buying apparel, stickers, and etc. with bimmerboost.com on it.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    we can always support the forum by buying apparel, stickers, and etc. with bimmerboost.com on it.
    Exactly, and in order to get that apparel printed other funding sources are necessary.

People have been asking if there is a way they can donate/contribute as well as for additional features so here are the OPTIONAL features.

@Dodger63 doesn't seem to understand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Sorry im a hard learner. How do the other free sites do it
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Sorry im a hard learner. How do the other free sites do it
    What you are saying doesn't make sense considering the site already is free, nothing is changing regarding that aspect.

All that is happening is you are getting more features IF YOU WANT THEM. No other free site is giving users the option of this much control over their own threads/posts.

Other sites also have a much larger budget, MBworld for example is owned by Internet Brands which does 99.8 million dollars of revenue which is a slightly larger budget than I have. So I have to use all resources available to me unless someone wants to invest $100 million.

The fact this site offers far more features at a considerably lower budget speaks for itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Maybe $60/year reoccurring for the premier membership?

only 5/month and that seems fair to me
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Handing out power to those who will pay for it sounds silly to me? Power should be earned not purchased?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What you are saying doesn't make sense considering the site already is free, nothing is changing regarding that aspect.

All that is happening is you are getting more features IF YOU WANT THEM. No other free site is giving users the option of this much control over their own threads/posts.

Other sites also have a much larger budget, MBworld for example is owned by Internet Brands which does 99.8 million dollars of revenue which is a slightly larger budget than I have. So I have to use all resources available to me unless someone wants to invest $100 million.

The fact this site offers far more features at a considerably lower budget speaks for itself.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Handing out power to those who will pay for it sounds silly to me? Power should be earned not purchased?
    You aren't buying rep power or points but rep spread so you can use your power that you earned, not purchased, more often. Is it not logical that those who subscribe will be more inclined to use it constructively?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Maybe $60/year reoccurring for the premier membership?

only 5/month and that seems fair to me
    That seems pretty reasonable. I'll do that and a lump sum 1 time as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I don't really get paying for a premier membership, why cant you hook up with a company that allows us to buy predesigned Bimmerboost tshirts, hoodies, hats, stickers that are made to order? Use that money for more features/website improvement? Or just get a group of investors, and a contract drawn up which gives you control on website design/operation to a certain extent. I saw dtmpower try and do what your proposing and the site died. My $.02
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I don't really get paying for a premier membership, why cant you hook up with a company that allows us to buy predesigned Bimmerboost tshirts, hoodies, hats, stickers that are made to order? Use that money for more features/website improvement? Or just get a group of investors, and a contract drawn up which gives you control on website design/operation to a certain extent. I saw dtmpower try and do what your proposing and the site died. My $.02
    Well you don't to have to buy it. It's just an option if you want additional features, that's all. Some guys ask about donations or how to contribute so this would be a way. I'm not forcing it on anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Or just get a group of investors, and a contract drawn up which gives you control on website design/operation to a certain extent.
    I have a couple investment options at the moment. I just don't want to give up creative control.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yea I get it.... I would pay. If I were you, I'd look into getting a group of investors
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Yea I get it.... I would pay. If I were you, I'd look into getting a group of investors
    Ya but then the problem is am I trading income, equity, what? It would be nice to be able to just throw a ton of money at this and see what I can do. Result with minor investment is pretty damn good so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So if you would pay then why are saying it's a killer?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I would pay as a way to support the site, not really for the added features.....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This works well on other forums I'm a part of, the premium membership might have a few things like what I listed below:

- 'Premium Members' section (some forums allow NSFW content in here, where they don't elsewhere)
    - Increased limits on some things (ability to upload images, better signature areas, different avatars, etc)
    - Increased PM storage
    - Ability to hide advertisements (gasp!)
    - Special features (IM / chat rooms / etc)

The point of it on other sites is that if you spend a ton of time on a site and get a lot of value from it, then kicking some cash to the forum is a nice option to have. The forum kicking back something nice to you in the form of stuff or features is nice too. The rep points on here is kind of the same thing, but some senior members that ruffle feathers don't enjoy as many points as they could.