Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

MBworld locks C63 vs. M3 dicussion? Hypocrisy? Terrible Moderation?

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c63-am...63-thread.html

Bimmerboost has been created specifically to address this type of abuse of free speech and allow open discussion without overmoderation to take place.

We are all big boys and can handle a little bit of enthusiastic debate. We do not need someone else to tell us what we should or should not be saying. If you do not like it, don't read it.

Considering the forum crosspopulation of the topic, it seems people are extremely interested. What others stifle, we embrace.

Freedom is here!

I challenge any C63 located within reasonable distance of SoCal to a roll on, let's get out there and stop typing about the cars, put it to the test!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really? Challenging C63 owners on a BMW forum? Good luck with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    guess i lost all my rep's... later bro's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nothing like a good old fashion duel! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Nothing like a good old fashion duel! Click here to enlarge
    sword duel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Equinox Click here to enlarge
    Really? Challenging C63 owners on a BMW forum? Good luck with that.

Working just fine Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

LOL, Mbworld deleted all the threads, scared.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

the only car that is almost fast enough is Dads c63. idk anyone else

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    the only car that is almost fast enough is Dads c63. idk anyone else
    There isn't any C63 fast enough...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

:banana-rock:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There isn't any C63 fast enough...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You BMW dudes! How's it going? I was also a member of mbworld but those bastards (Brad) banned me for being a vendor of MHP products. Anyone else see a problem with this since Brad owns Evosport and is also a moderator of mbworld and deletes any negative posts about Evosport?

Don't hate, I do drive a Mercedes C63 AMG.

I am a big supporter of anyone who speaks thier mind and owns thier own forum site.

As a result of being banned I also started my own site called www.amgperformance.net so come on over and visit.

We can all be friends and our sponsor MHP has some great products for BMW's.
    Last edited by c63beastdriver; 02-24-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

^welcome! We accept anyone and everyone! Click here to enlarge

Pics?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c63beastdriver Click here to enlarge
    You BMW dudes! How's it going? I was also a member of mbworld but those bastards (Brad) banned me for being a vendor of MHP products. Anyone else see a problem with this since Brad owns Evosport and is also a moderator of mbworld and deletes any negative posts about Evosport?

Don't hate, I do drive a Mercedes C63 AMG.

I am a big supporter of anyone who speaks thier mind and owns thier own forum site.

As a result of being banned I also started my own site called www.amgperformance.net so come on over and visit.

We can all be friends and our sponsor MHP has some great products for BMW's.
    Yes, MHP was kicked out of there unfortunately but there are two sides to that story. Regardless, yes, I think you do highlight a conflict of interest but they are the biggest MB forum so what can you do?

I definitely think you are doing the right thing by putting on pressure with competition, that is the best way to do it.

As you have noticed, we have provided you a direct link with your AMG performance forum being a link to yours. Waiting on the exchange Click here to enlarge Additionally, waiting for MHP to get back to me regarding vendor status!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, MHP was kicked out of there unfortunately but there are two sides to that story. Regardless, yes, I think you do highlight a conflict of interest but they are the biggest MB forum so what can you do?

I definitely think you are doing the right thing by putting on pressure with competition, that is the best way to do it.

As you have noticed, we have provided you a direct link with your AMG performance forum being a link to yours. Waiting on the exchange Click here to enlarge Additionally, waiting for MHP to get back to me regarding vendor status!

Joseph,

We're committed to becoming supporting vendors here no worries. I just got back from a mini-road trip to Indy and will get caught up on my emails shortly.

Give Keith's car 2 weeks and it will be a run to remember Click here to enlarge even though he will still be N/A.

It is unfortunate that you're on opposite coasts, I think the Q/F C63 vs M3 would draw a nice spectator crowd and a ton of interest on the net.

Aside from that, I wholeheartedly agree with your stance on censorship/deletion of posts/threads on other forums, not because I enjoy arguing, but because out of these types of debates (heated or not) the truth usually finds its way out--and that's why were all here right? To share truth and knowledge of what works and what doesn't.

Thanks!
    Andy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Joseph,

We're committed to becoming supporting vendors here no worries. I just got back from a mini-road trip to Indy and will get caught up on my emails shortly.

Give Keith's car 2 weeks and it will be a run to remember Click here to enlarge even though he will still be N/A.

It is unfortunate that you're on opposite coasts, I think the Q/F C63 vs M3 would draw a nice spectator crowd and a ton of interest on the net.

Aside from that, I wholeheartedly agree with your stance on censorship/deletion of posts/threads on other forums, not because I enjoy arguing, but because out of these types of debates (heated or not) the truth usually finds its way out--and that's why were all here right? To share truth and knowledge of what works and what doesn't.

Thanks!
    Andy
    Exactly! Freaking bummer we are on opposite sides of the country.

Can't wait to see where you take his car, cams, cylinder heads, etc., correct? Internals also?

I was wondering where you went! Click here to enlarge

I am big on letting users make up their own minds. Unfortunately, I have seen some vendors get control of boards and make decisions for the user Click here to enlarge You have experienced this yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Exactly! Freaking bummer we are on opposite sides of the country.

Can't wait to see where you take his car, cams, cylinder heads, etc., correct? Internals also?

I was wondering where you went! Click here to enlarge
    Had to make a quick run to the store before we get even more snow Click here to enlarge Prepping for a 3-4 week trip to Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Aust so trying to knock out as much domestic stuff as possible before then. Also have umbilical hernia surgery scheduled before I leave...Fun times.

We should have dyno results from our M156 billet cams in 2-3 weeks, then track results as soon as we can get to one that's open or isn't covered in snow. Goal is 10.6-10.8@129-131mph N/A with H/C then spray a 100 shot. After we test that setup we'll drop the first of three 7.0L strokers into Keith's car (recam, report) and with higher quality than OEM internals (billet 4340 rods/crank, 2618 pistons) put a progressive 250-300 shot on it.

I am big on letting users make up their own minds. Unfortunately, I have seen some vendors get control of boards and make decisions for the user Click here to enlarge You have experienced this yourself.
    That's the way it should be, and will be on this site and AMGP. It's unreal how a vendor can be allowed to run a supposedly objective website and in the process attempt to defame and run a competitors name into the ground with no basis for doing so.

The reason given (still to this day) that we're not allowed on MBW, or my products aren't allowed to be sold there is that we claim TCU tuning ability for 63AMGs. Funny because MKB, Vadim/PC (PC also tunes for Evosport), Hennessey, Evotech and others claim the same thing yet no mud was slung at them.

Anyway, I think enough members can see the writing on the wall in such biased sites and are ready for an open forum where both sides of the story can be told with members deciding for themselves (as you put it) who to believe.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Had to make a quick run to the store before we get even more snow Click here to enlarge Prepping for a 3-4 week trip to Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Aust so trying to knock out as much domestic stuff as possible before then. Also have umbilical hernia surgery scheduled before I leave...Fun times.

We should have dyno results from our M156 billet cams in 2-3 weeks, then track results as soon as we can get to one that's open or isn't covered in snow. Goal is 10.6-10.8@129-131mph N/A with H/C then spray a 100 shot. After we test that setup we'll drop the first of three 7.0L strokers into Keith's car (recam, report) and with higher quality than OEM internals (billet 4340 rods/crank, 2618 pistons) put a progressive 250-300 shot on it.

That's the way it should be, and will be on this site and AMGP. It's unreal how a vendor can be allowed to run a supposedly objective website and in the process attempt to defame and run a competitors name into the ground with no basis for doing so.

The reason given (still to this day) that we're not allowed on MBW, or my products aren't allowed to be sold there is that we claim TCU tuning ability for 63AMGs. Funny because MKB, Vadim/PC (PC also tunes for Evosport), Hennessey, Evotech and others claim the same thing yet no mud was slung at them.

Anyway, I think enough members can see the writing on the wall in such biased sites and are ready for an open forum where both sides of the story can be told with members deciding for themselves (as you put it) who to believe.

Thanks!

7.0 liter AMG V8... you have me thinking Click here to enlarge

You want to do 10's with just the heads and cams alone, correct? A 130 mph trap NA would be incredible.

Well, vendors like to have control of large forums as it is lucrative. These are incredibly powerful tools so I hope users see the conflict of interest at times. The same thing exists when moderators get discounted parts from vendors, no way to be truly objective in moderating that particular vendor's discussions. I don't hesitate to point this aspect out, and this is one reason I am gone from Mbworld and M3post.

Well, any loophole will be found and expounded on to get rid of you, double standard only applied when it serves an interest. A writeup on your TCU tuning and what is involved would definitely be appreciated as I believe you also mention this in regards to your BMW tuning.

Oh yes, members clearly are seeing it but breaking the grip of those large sites is not easy. That is why we should support one another. Plus, they don't want to lose their lucrative base that they control. M3post controls the E92 M3 scene right now and Mbworld controls the AMG scene. If a vendor wants that large internet base they have to try to get in there ($$$) or compete with them. You tried to get in there, you saw who was in control. Other vendors who are now here experienced the same thing on bimmerpost. I have absolutely no interest in pushing vendors. Users can take a look at the performance standings and decide who the best option is for them Click here to enlarge

Thank you! I like that MHP is putting up the numbers (not simulations and graphs Click here to enlarge ), that is what we are about here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10's on motor N/A!! WOW!! That will be cool!!
    I hope we can make Low 11's/upper 10's with cams only.
    Stroked may take us a little quicker. Only time will tell.
    Some of the M3's that are blown are very fast. Don't think
    we are ready for that crowd. Be safe!!
    Current:
    2011 R8 V10 NA - PRS/APR tune and many weight saving mods. Click here to enlarge
    1/4 mile: 10.945 @ 131.77mph on a 1.77 60' - Bradenton Motorsports 1/18/2014.

GONE:
    2009 C63 - Complete MHP Package and a few other mods.
    N/A: 1/4 mile - 10.80@ 129.06mph (OSW 3/5/2012)
    Nitrous 200 shot 1/4 mile - 10.133 @ 139.77mph (Bradenton - 3/22/2012)
    N/A: One Mile TopGunRun in Miami March 14th 2010 - 180.73mph (V-Box verified)
    Nitrous 200 shot: 60-130mph - 5.98 (V-Box verified)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dads C63 Click here to enlarge
    10's on motor N/A!! WOW!! That will be cool!!
    I hope we can make Low 11's/upper 10's with cams only.
    Stroked may take us a little quicker. Only time will tell.
    Some of the M3's that are blown are very fast. Don't think
    we are ready for that crowd. Be safe!!
    I'll meet you in Texas Click here to enlarge What do you say? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think I'm ready for that yet.
    Let's at least get the cams in and see what she does.
    I'm not taking a knife to a gun fight. Lol
    Current:
    2011 R8 V10 NA - PRS/APR tune and many weight saving mods. Click here to enlarge

GONE:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I don't think I'm ready for that yet.
    Let's at least get the cams in and see what she does.
    I'm not taking a knife to a gun fight. Lol
    I was just kidding around Click here to enlarge

It may end up being reversed very quickly if MHP keeps progressing like this...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sticky,
    They are both awesome cars. I am sure we'll play together some time.

I heard someone got a low 8 second 60-130 time recently in an M3..
    Last edited by Dads C63; 02-25-2010 at 08:24 PM.
    Current:

GONE:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

7.0 liter AMG V8... you have me thinking Click here to enlarge

You want to do 10's with just the heads and cams alone, correct? A 130 mph trap NA would be incredible.
    Since we don't have FI we have to make power the old fashioned way, extra inches. Click here to enlarge

Correct, our goal is to trap 130 N/A with H/C on the stock bottom end with of course other supporting mods like full exhaust, filters, etc. Then spray a 100 shot with the same tune used to run the numbers N/A--we could spray more but it would require a seperate tune which we can do but isn't practical for most customers.

Well, vendors like to have control of large forums as it is lucrative. These are incredibly powerful tools so I hope users see the conflict of interest at times. The same thing exists when moderators get discounted parts from vendors, no way to be truly objective in moderating that particular vendor's discussions. I don't hesitate to point this aspect out, and this is one reason I am gone from Mbworld and M3post.
    Agreed, sites like these are extremely powerful marketing tools. Unfortunately as it appears there has been quite a bit of bias associated with a few of these domains over the years, hopefully the next gen sites like these can level the behind the scenes playing field and allow everyone a fair shot to prove their merit.

Well, any loophole will be found and expounded on to get rid of you, double standard only applied when it serves an interest. A writeup on your TCU tuning and what is involved would definitely be appreciated as I believe you also mention this in regards to your BMW tuning.
    Excellent idea! I've enjoyed reading over your homepage postings, now we just need to clone you with some MB/AMG DNA thrown in lol. Seriously though, I will begin writing some tech for both makes and pass on the BMW related articles to you.

Oh yes, members clearly are seeing it but breaking the grip of those large sites is not easy. That is why we should support one another. Plus, they don't want to lose their lucrative base that they control. M3post controls the E92 M3 scene right now and Mbworld controls the AMG scene. If a vendor wants that large internet base they have to try to get in there ($$$) or compete with them. You tried to get in there, you saw who was in control. Other vendors who are now here experienced the same thing on bimmerpost. I have absolutely no interest in pushing vendors. Users can take a look at the performance standings and decide who the best option is for them Click here to enlarge
    Agreed 100%. You have the support of AMGP and it's non biased staff no question. We need to break the molds and stereotypes that accompany said biased forums and I think we're both off to a great start.
    There will be some interesting news posted on AMGP that would otherwise not be allowed to be posted on MBW in the next few days involving a MBW supporting vendor and a destroyed motor. AMGP will allow both sides to be heard, though the evidence I've seen so far can only factually lead to one conclusion.

Thank you! I like that MHP is putting up the numbers (not simulations and graphs Click here to enlarge ), that is what we are about here.
    Thanks Joeseph! In turn thank you for standing up for what you believe in and allowing us another venue to post our results. We look forward to a continued mutual friendship and playful banter between AMG/MB and M/BMW owners for years to come; one of the world's great rivalries.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Sticky,
    They are both awesome cars. I am sure we'll play together some time.

I heard someone got a low 8 second 60-130 time recently in an M3..
    Yes yes, you heard correctly. I plan on one-upping that shortly...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Since we don't have FI we have to make power the old fashioned way, extra inches. Click here to enlarge

Correct, our goal is to trap 130 N/A with H/C on the stock bottom end with of course other supporting mods like full exhaust, filters, etc. Then spray a 100 shot with the same tune used to run the numbers N/A--we could spray more but it would require a seperate tune which we can do but isn't practical for most customers.
    Direct port would not require a separate tune I believe, correct?

Agreed, sites like these are extremely powerful marketing tools. Unfortunately as it appears there has been quite a bit of bias associated with a few of these domains over the years, hopefully the next gen sites like these can level the behind the scenes playing field and allow everyone a fair shot to prove their merit.
    Quite a bit of bias is an understatement, it got to the point it was/is sickening. I am enthusiastically/aggressively going after that and standing up for what I believe in by direct competition.

Excellent idea! I've enjoyed reading over your homepage postings, now we just need to clone you with some MB/AMG DNA thrown in lol. Seriously though, I will begin writing some tech for both makes and pass on the BMW related articles to you.
    LOL, glad people are viewing the homepage! A good amount of time is spent on that.

Agreed 100%. You have the support of AMGP and it's non biased staff no question. We need to break the molds and stereotypes that accompany said biased forums and I think we're both off to a great start.
    There will be some interesting news posted on AMGP that would otherwise not be allowed to be posted on MBW in the next few days involving a MBW supporting vendor and a destroyed motor. AMGP will allow both sides to be heard, though the evidence I've seen so far can only factually lead to one conclusion.
    I can't wait to hear what it is Click here to enlarge

Thanks Joeseph! In turn thank you for standing up for what you believe in and allowing us another venue to post our results. We look forward to a continued mutual friendship and playful banter between AMG/MB and M/BMW owners for years to come; one of the world's great rivalries.

Thanks!
    I look forward to it as well and I enjoy performance enthusiasts who "get it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast