Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Pro Tuning Freaks E30 Results!

I've been working with Dzenno for the past few months messing with E85 and a variety of different ethanol percentages.

Back on September 1, 2012, I went ahead and had my car dyno'd while Dzenno was still trying to work out a little throttle closure I was getting in the lower rpm range. Here are the results:

Click here to enlarge

Run 1: 381hp/420tq - PTF E30 (90% finished map with some throttle closures down low)
    Run 2: 338hp/375tq - COBB OTS Stage 2+
    Run 3: 252hp/267tq - Completely stock

After this, Dzenno figured out the throttle closure issues, but we decided to keep pushing for more power up top. I was in the middle of testing an E60 map when my car decided to start smoking like crazy. Now it only smokes after pushing the car hard. Most likely a turbo oil/coolant seal.

I'm currently waiting for the Vargas Stage 2s to arrive before I fix my car.

Next update will be when my car's all fixed up with Vargas Stage 2 & a new PTF map Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good delta, low reading dyno

No meth Im guessing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Good delta, low reading dyno

No meth Im guessing?
    No meth. I'd switch to a Dynojet for bigger numbers, but this dyno has my stock baseline =(
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for posting this up @nafoo , too bad we didn't get to see the last set of results yet but at the least its a good baseline before tuning the Vargas units.

One thing worth sharing is the car was strapped on the dyno after 20mins of beating for ethanol to mix Click here to enlarge dyno datalogs showed IATs in the 130-140F range so some power was on the table and this isn't a glory run really as the hood was also kept closed for the runs

Looking forward to working with you down the road and tuning with those Vargas S2s.

For that recent smoking issue, don't forget to try removing the OCC and that PCV checkvalve. Some cars after putting it in started to smoke more than without them. @themyst 's car comes to mind..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great result @nafoo ! The car must feel great. I've been working with Dzenno for a while now on E50+meth... Will have to finalize and share the results soon.
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting this up @nafoo , too bad we didn't get to see the last set of results yet but at the least its a good baseline before tuning the Vargas units.

One thing worth sharing is the car was strapped on the dyno after 20mins of beating for ethanol to mix Click here to enlarge dyno datalogs showed IATs in the 130-140F range so some power was on the table and this isn't a glory run really as the hood was also kept closed for the runs

Looking forward to working with you down the road and tuning with those Vargas S2s.

For that recent smoking issue, don't forget to try removing the OCC and that PCV checkvalve. Some cars after putting it in started to smoke more than without them. @themyst 's car comes to mind..
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Great result @nafoo ! The car must feel great. I've been working with Dzenno for a while now on E50+meth... Will have to finalize and share the results soon.
    Yeah, my car wasn't running at tip top shape, but still pretty damn good. The E60 map I was testing before my car threw in the towel felt a lot more powerful.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, my car wasn't running at tip top shape, but still pretty damn good. The E60 map I was testing before my car threw in the towel felt a lot more powerful.
    Based on your results and since I have E50+meth, I'm hoping I will be able to crack the 400 whp on a mustang. I guess we'll see Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @nafoo , so no cruising anytime soon? Click here to enlarge DZ has been working on my tune and wanted to compare how my car runs now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is a pretty substantial delta, congrats man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vladi627 Click here to enlarge
    @nafoo , so no cruising anytime soon? Click here to enlarge DZ has been working on my tune and wanted to compare how my car runs now.
    Yea, switched back to OTS for now. Dont want to break anything further till I get it all checked out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    129whp delta, pretty nice. That's what I consistently delta on 93+meth on stock turbos. had 295/424 on my 135i, 277/406 on my 335i. The 335i ran less timing and boost though because it was dynoed on Cobb's Stage2RACE alpha map from last year. So who knows, maybe it could have made more peak power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ thanks for considering all things being equal between this run given IATs and your run with meth Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    ^ thanks for considering all things being equal between this run given IATs and your run with meth Click here to enlarge
    IATs are hardly a consideration when shop temps were 26 degrees F.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    IATs are hardly a consideration when shop temps were 26 degrees F.
    I wasn't talking about your run's IATs which were great. I was talking about OP's IATs which were done in Florida in higher ambient temps with IATs hitting 140F, no meth, and the hood down. Dyno just wasn't done as they usually are (i.e. hood open and car given a proper cooldown)..
    Click here to enlarge