Thread: Rimac Automobile sets acceleration records with their 11 second all electric E30 3-Series BMW, Announces Concept_One vehicle
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM #1
Rimac Automobile sets acceleration records with their 11 second all electric E30 3-Series BMW, Announces Concept_One vehicle
The last time we saw this all electric E30 from Croatia it was running low 12's in the 1/4 mile and seen spanking a Tesla Roadster as well. The car now develops 600 horsepower and 663 pound-feet of torque which propels it through the 1/4 mile in 11.8 seconds although no trap speed is given. It hits 60 miles per hour in 3.3 which according to the FIA makes it the fastest accelerating electric vehicle in the world although that is likely because other electrics have not set records with the FIA.
A record is a record however and this is impressive. Officially, the car holds 5 electric acceleration world records:
- 1/8 mile: 7,549
- 1/4 mile: 11,808
- 1/2 km: 13,714*
- 1 km: 23,260*
- 1 mile: 35,347*
If this is not impressive enough, Rimac is also producing an all electric sports car with 1000 horsepower called the Concept_One. The specifications are lofty with 1,180 pound feet of torque, a carbon fiber body, and proposed 300 mile range. Will they pull it off? Who knows, building a fast electric E30 is a bit different from designing an electric supercar. It does look promising and hopefully they pull it off.
- Power output: 1088 hp
- Torque: 1600 Nm from 0 to 6500 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2,8 seconds
- Range: up to 600 km (realistic range – 500 km)
- Braking distance: 31.5m (100-0 km/h)
- Lateral g-force: 1.4 g
- Efficiency: 140-550 Wh/km
- 40 kW on-board charging
- 100 kW fast DC-charging
- Weight-to-power ratio: 1.79 kg/hp
- Weight distribution: 42% front, 58% rear
- Total length: 4548 mm
- Total width: 1997 mm
- Total height: 1198 mm
- Ground clearance: Rear: 115 mm, Front: 105 mm
- Wheelbase: 2750 mm.
- Dry weight: 1950 kg
- Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry
- Configuration: 1400 cells - 200 series, 7 parallel
- Voltage: 650V nominal
- Capacity: 91 kWh
- Cooling: Freon (gas) with high-voltage heat pumps
- Milled aluminum and sheet aluminum housing
- Rimac Automobili Active Battery and Thermal Management Systems
- Several layers of redundant safety and protection systems
- Carbon fibre monocoque with integrated battery-pack
- Carbon fibre sub-frames (front and rear)
- Carbon fibre crash structure
- Front and rear suspension: Double wishbones, fully adjustable, pushrod operated.
- Electronically adjustable ride height.
- Fully machined aluminum uprights and wishbones
- Rear: Rimac Automobili D-PM-OC-600 – high speed dual permanent magnet oil cooled motors, 600 kW peak, 10.000 RPM, up to 97% efficiency
- Front: Rimac Automobili D-PM-OC-400 - high speed dual permanent magnet oil cooled motors, 400 kW peak, 10.000 RPM, up to 97% efficiency
- Dry sump lubrication
- Milled aluminum housings
- Reduction gearbox ratio: 3,5
- Rack and pinion electrically power assisted steering.
- Front brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs Ø 390 mm, 36 mm wide.
- 6-piston calipers, power-assisted.
- Rear brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs Ø 380 mm, 34 mm wide.
- 4-piston calipers, power-assisted.
- Up to 800 kW of regen-braking (adjustable)
- Front and side air-bags
- Torque Vectoring with stability function
- Safety disconnect systems in case of crash
- Multiple ECU architecture for monitoring of safety-relevant electronic systems
- Full carbon-fibre body.
SourceChrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338
10-15-2012, 10:07 PM #2
Looks kinda cool. The only thing I hate about electric cars is that they have no engine noise/exhaust.
10-22-2012, 01:15 PM #3Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
- Rep Points
- 0 Post(s)
- Rep Power
Wow, when will they be available in the 60k price tag version?
10-22-2012, 09:41 PM #4
Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338