Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Worst 335i 1/4 mile times

Whos' got some horrible timeslips to share?

A couple of weeks ago I went to a local track to run my car. This track has a reputation for being pretty slippery so I went in expecting to have major traction problems. The last time I ran a car at a 1/4 mile track was back in 2004, so I definitely need more practice. My best run of the night was 13.3 @ 115 mph with lots of wheelspin. Click here to enlarge

Last run of the night: 17.8. Spun through 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. Then for some reason I decided to shift into 4th and spun through half of 4th.:
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

It was a fun time though, I'm hoping to go back next year with LSD and a single Borg Warner ~S366 or other similar sized turbo.
    Last edited by Roy Cormier; 10-15-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Single Turbo E92 BMW 335i | My YouTube channel
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ spun 1st through 4th? Are you making 1000 hp?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish Click here to enlarge

This track was literally more slick than the street. I've never spun the tires in 4th before except when the road was wet. Just before my last run a brand new mustang lost it at the end of the track and slammed into the left & right walls.
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep, i hit up a $#@!ty track too - best was a 13.0 @ 114. If your manual also look into a WOTbox for no lift shifting. I havent gone back yet after installing mine, i waiting for the weather to cool off. Its still getting up to 90* here.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I ran a 12.9@113 my first time at the 1/4 mi with 407HP/450TQ. LOL I still suck at driving!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Yep, i hit up a $#@!ty track too - best was a 13.0 @ 114. If your manual also look into a WOTbox for no lift shifting. I havent gone back yet after installing mine, i waiting for the weather to cool off. Its still getting up to 90* here.
    I definitely want to get a 2-step working soon. I've got a circuit built to read RPM and have most of the 2-step/NLTS code written. Now I just need to collect a bit more hardware and start testing it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I deserve a spot in this thread lol. I ran a 13.1@116mph spinning like a mad man with a terrible 2.63 60ft. And of course, its caught on video lol:

All I had was Cobb Stage 2+, downpipes and intercooler on 93 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I deserve a spot in this thread lol. I ran a 13.1@116mph spinning like a mad man with a terrible 2.63 60ft. And of course, its caught on video lol

All I had was Cobb Stage 2+, downpipes and intercooler on 93 octane.
    That's a good trap speed for stage2+ agg only ! I actually remember you posting about this a while back when you tried COBB s2+. Your car liked the tune.
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    That's a good trap speed for stage2+ agg only ! I actually remember you posting about this a while back when you tried COBB s2+. Your car liked the tune.
    Yeah it runs pretty good despite the warm weather. At the time of those runs, it was already mid to high 70's as opposed to mid to high 60's where its optimal. I've been running the OTS E30 maps for quite some time now and hope to return in a month or so to see if I can break 119-120mph trap speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha, this sounds like the track I go to around here. I run 12.9-13.2 @116 every single time we go there, and can't do anything to get better than a 2.3 60'. The track is literally surrounded by farms, with a dirt area for the pits. They make you spin your tires before you get to the staging area, so that you don't track dirt into that area from the pits. The only plus side is that it's never terribly busy, so you can just hot lap all night if you want to. The nicer track in the area is always really busy and you're lucky to get in 3-4 runs on a test and tune night. People run half a second faster at the nice track pretty easily though.
    Current: 2012 CTS-V - stock for now
    Past: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the surface of the track? Ice?

Spinning through 4th, pointless drag strip.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We've all been there... Back when Carlsbad raceway was open years ago I ran a 13.0@133. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Carlsbad was crap.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I miss driving through the small creek to pickup my time slip. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i can contribute to this thread!Click here to enlarge

i consistently ran 12.9s at 112-113 on Cobb Alpha Race map running straight MS109....kept spinning into 3rd (on street tires, Hankraps). best 60ft i could muster was 2.3...which is terrible. i think my worst run was a 13.4 with a 2.7 60ftClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge

i consistently ran 12.9s at 112-113 on Cobb Alpha Race map running straight MS109....kept spinning into 3rd (on street tires, Hankraps). best 60ft i could muster was 2.3...which is terrible. i think my worst run was a 13.4 with a 2.7 60ftClick here to enlarge
    I think the issue are those hancraps not the track lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

haha, that's what i was running my 12.9@113 with too, hankraps!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I think the issue are those hancraps not the track lol.
    Not always, i was getting wheel spin through 3rd on 275 Michelin Pilot Super Sports at Gainesville Raceways. That place is crazy slippery.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge
    I definitely want to get a 2-step working soon. I've got a circuit built to read RPM and have most of the 2-step/NLTS code written. Now I just need to collect a bit more hardware and start testing it.

You're the one who reverse engineered the DME to fix an ignition issue, right? You sir, are a boss.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

On Nitto NT555s I think my best 60ft was around 2.5. The first run I launched way too high around 5000, then 4500 the 2nd run, and then around 3000 on my final run where I got a lot of wheel hop in 1st. In the past I've always had AWD vehicles with 2-step/anti-lag so launching was simpler.

Unfortunately theres not a whole lot of roads around here anymore where I can practice without drawing unwanted attention.

2-step, LSD, and maybe better tires are on the top of my list for next year. On my E85 map these tires easily loose traction in 3rd.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge
    On Nitto NT555s I think my best 60ft was around 2.5. The first run I launched way too high around 5000, then 4500 the 2nd run, and then around 3000 on my final run where I got a lot of wheel hop in 1st. In the past I've always had AWD vehicles with 2-step/anti-lag so launching was simpler.

Unfortunately theres not a whole lot of roads around here anymore where I can practice without drawing unwanted attention.

2-step, LSD, and maybe better tires are on the top of my list for next year. On my E85 map these tires easily loose traction in 3rd.
    i'm in the same boat as well....no where for me to actually get some practice launches in...and unfortunately i don't get to go to the track as often as i'd like. but as themyst stated...i really hate these tires. i'm picking up some R888s next...and will go from there. i also need to upgrade my driver mod....lol