Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB VBOX Testing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I signed up for a private Famoso day 11/17, although the car throws over speed faults in 2nd gear now. So likely will have to rebuild it first and I doubt it will be ready in time. Who did you use for your trans work? Looking for a local place that has done a rebuild on them before.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I signed up for a private Famoso day 11/17, although the car throws over speed faults in 2nd gear now. So likely will have to rebuild it first and I doubt it will be ready in time. Who did you use for your trans work? Looking for a local place that has done a rebuild on them before.
    I have no local suggestions.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    whats the consensus opinon on level 10's upgrade?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    buddy of mine has a build 535xi tranny and he's been beating on it for a while now, launching every street light, 1st/2nd gear..he's on RBs, no issues so far..obviously not cheap but seems to be holding up so far
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    buddy of mine has a build 535xi tranny and he's been beating on it for a while now, launching every street light, 1st/2nd gear..he's on RBs, no issues so far..obviously not cheap but seems to be holding up so far
    GA6HP19Z- 335i and 535i auto trans
    GA6HP19Z - 4-WHEEL- 535xi and 335xi auto trans

according to realoem

im curious how that trans is holding up to awd launches with the added weight of the 535 and the added power of rbs
    Last edited by WDBi; 10-18-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Who built it?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who built it?
    Pat at Level 10
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pat at Level 10

do you know what is replaced in it?
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who built it?
    Level 10 quoted a turnaround of 5 business days if I brought the car in. Figure if you sent it off today, you'd have it back in say 3 weeks. Tight for the Famoso rental, but doable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Level 10 quoted a turnaround of 5 business days if I brought the car in. Figure if you sent it off today, you'd have it back in say 3 weeks. Tight for the Famoso rental, but doable.
    How much did they quote you for the price of the trans rebuild?
    07 e92 335i 6spd FBO for now

03 z06. 402 with a YSI. 910whp 756wtq at 15psi 93 and meth. Current

2007 e90 335 6at Rb turbos, Fbo, meth 11.7 at 124mph 17psi 93 and meth. Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    whats the consensus opinon on level 10's upgrade?
    No consistency to the reviews.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litz4244 Click here to enlarge
    How much did they quote you for the price of the trans rebuild?
    $5000 if I bring it in, $4000 if I drop the trans and bring it to them, I'm actually thinking about buying a rebuild kit from them and having my friend build the thing in his garage when that time comes. He used to build transmissions back in the day. Would cost me about $1800-$2000.

Is your transmission going already? Mine still shifts perfect no issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $5000 if I bring it in, $4000 if I drop the trans and bring it to them, I'm actually thinking about buying a rebuild kit from them and having my friend build the thing in his garage when that time comes. He used to build transmissions back in the day. Would cost me about $1800-$2000.

Is your transmission going already? Mine still shifts perfect no issues.
    O wow labor is the real killer. But I guess 4 isn't to bad. Pulling the trans is pretty easy. No my trans is holding up great. Went to the track again last night and shifted perfect every time. But thinking about e85 so I figured that might cause it to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litz4244 Click here to enlarge
    O wow labor is the real killer. But I guess 4 isn't to bad. Pulling the trans is pretty easy. No my trans is holding up great. Went to the track again last night and shifted perfect every time. But thinking about e85 so I figured that might cause it to go.
    It's all a matter of time honestly. Just enjoy it and worry about it later. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's all a matter of time honestly. Just enjoy it and worry about it later. Click here to enlarge
    Haha very true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12