Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB VBOX Testing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

RB VBOX Testing

Hey guys,

Was able to do a little VBOX testing this weekend. Test car is our 135 w/ RB turbos that recently dynod 512whp. The VBOX testing was done in the same trim. Temps were in the upper 50s.

Being an automatic it's not quite optimized for 60-130 times as it hits the 4->5 shift right around 129mph at redline. But still managed a respectable 7.42 seconds. Which is an N54 twin turbo 60-130 world record. Click here to enlarge

Run was done on a 2.19% slope and it actually had some minor wheel spin in parts as shown on the log. With taller tires and a bit more aggressive tuning I think there is more in it.

I did another 60-130 minutes later and ran an identical time (with similar spin) so I decided instead to do a 1/4 mile run on another part of the private track that is a 0.5% slope. I've been having on and off transmission issues with the car since it's 550wtq nitrous days years ago so I decided to just take it easy and go half throttle in 2nd so I could get a feeling for the MPH. Was happy to see 130mph.

Here is a video of the 1/4 mile test:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg9sZ...ature=youtu.be
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Im so happy to see progress being made with RB's and JB4!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Man that's a solid log T. Great job.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Im so happy to see progress being made with RB's and JB4!
    +1. Nice Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Terry what's that 60-90mph time, can't really see its too tiny

Solid run...updated my sig Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

60-90 is 2.25
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

nice time, congrats!
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Not too shabby....nice trap speed!

How do you know that is wheelspin and not your tranny slipping a bit?

Did your back end get loose at all?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

When the trans slips it lasts a lot longer and doesn't recover until I let off the gas.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

NICE numbers Terry! Can't wait to get you some stuff to start testing. Keep up the good work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I'm happy with the RBs but if you can come up with something that can make 600rw I'm game. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    When the trans slips it lasts a lot longer and doesn't recover until I let off the gas.
    Damn it took you 1.6 seconds to go from 120-130 mph. That shift into 5th is killing you. At least you now know why I have two shifts. My wheel diameter is probably even smaller than yours at that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Vargas and Terry
    vs.
    Shiv and FFtec

GOGOGOOGOGOGOGOOGo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

The procede will work just fine with the stage 3's. I think Tony even talked to Shiv already
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

woops double post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    The procede will work just fine with the stage 3's. I think Tony even talked to Shiv already
    Yeah im sure it would, but he will always push his single kit first?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Don't see any issue with stacking procede and Cobb. Will need to do a little work on the procede harness but overall should be fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I spoke with shiv about tuning for the stage 1's and 2's. I have not spoken with him about stage 3. Seeming as they are an alternative to his single I would not ask him to tune it simply because that is asking him help bring a competing product to market, and asking to do that in my book would not be right. He has no market in the hybrid turbos so as I correctly assumed he would be glad to help with tuning. When we get them done we will go down that road.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I spoke with shiv about tuning for the stage 1's and 2's. I have not spoken with him about stage 3. Seeming as they are an alternative to his single I would not ask him to tune it simply because that is asking him help bring a competing product to market, and asking to do that in my book would not be right. He has no market in the hybrid turbos so as I correctly assumed he would be glad to help with tuning. When we get them done we will go down that road.
    If the stage 3 will be driven by the OEM wg solenoids it will work the same way as RBs or your stage 1/2s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

6 out of 10 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey guys how about we talk about those things that not only exist, but they are proven to perform! Like the subject of the thread... This is a no pipe dream zone!! Lol. (Awaits 4-8 neg reps)..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Damn Terry, that is blazing fast. I'm sure you already have a hit list of cars at the Shift Sector event.. If you have room for another, I would like to line up with you. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Damn Terry, that is blazing fast. I'm sure you already have a hit list of cars at the Shift Sector event.. If you have room for another, I would like to line up with you. Click here to enlarge
    I want to go just to run T, that would be an amazing time Click here to enlarge what do ya say T, wanna ship my car out,write it off as a business expense Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys how about we talk about those things that not only exist, but they are proven to perform! Like the subject of the thread... This is a no pipe dream zone!! Lol. (Awaits 4-8 neg reps)..
    Yeah hes back! Pretty sure I gave the post and your product props for the nice numbers. Yes me saying I am excited to let Terry test some of mine own is completely insane and out of line. Oh wait its actually totally normal. See how this goes folks. I step up and give Rob some credit for a good product and Terry credit for excellent tuning and captain sensy pants comes right back and bashes me again. That's integrity right there. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I want to go just to run T, that would be an amazing time Click here to enlarge what do ya say T, wanna ship my car out,write it off as a business expense Click here to enlarge
    That's why when you said you were coming too in another thread, I wanted to run you as well.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Very nicely done, congrats.

Now let's see it on the strip...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast