Close

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How long should I expect this to project to take? @Terry@BMS @dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Might just take all this to a shop and have them do it =p
    ^^^This is what I ended up doing since I dont have the tools or the know how to do this in my garage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    ^^^This is what I ended up doing since I dont have the tools or the know how to do this in my garage.
    How long did it take them? I'm going to do this with a mechanic out of his home garage and am just wondering.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Took the shop I took my car to around 3-5 hours if I remember correctly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    Took the shop I took my car to around 3-5 hours if I remember correctly.
    Cool, thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool, thanks!
    No problem. Hope this helps solve any low fuel pressure issues you may have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I installed my Warblo on Monday and car is running. However, my LPFP pressure stays at 40-50 psi when I'm at idle or cruising. It'll go up to 72 psi when I give it more gas, but otherwise it'll just stay at 40-50 psi.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking it may be the Reducing Coupling for 5/16" X 1/4" Tube that goes from the pump to the Orange fuel line. My installed decided to install the bigger end into the Orange fuel line, which makes it go from smaller to bigger fuel flow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Found the part #'s

53055K179 Sanitary White PVDF Sngl-Barbed Tube Fitting Tee for 5/16" Tube ID
    &
    53055K132 Sanitary White PVDF Sngl-Barbed Tube Fitting Reducing Coupling for 5/16" X 1/4" Tube ID

http://www.mcmaster.com/#

$5 for both
    Not sure if this is what's causing my issue, but don't get the Reducing Coupling get:

53055K117 Sanitary White PVDF Sngl-Barbed Tube Fitting Coupling for 5/16" Tube ID

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#53055K179

53055K179 Sanitary White PVDF Sngl-Barbed Tube Fitting Tee for 5/16" Tube ID

http://www.mcmaster.com/#53055K117

53055K117 Sanitary White PVDF Sngl-Barbed Tube Fitting Coupling for 5/16" Tube ID

NOT:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#53055K132

53055K132 Sanitary White PVDF Sngl-Barbed Tube Fitting Reducing Coupling for 5/16" X 1/4" Tube ID

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if this is what's causing my issue, but don't get the Reducing Coupling get:

I'm pretty sure that is the part # Terry listed on N54tech and what I used and I have zero issues..
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm pretty sure that is the part # Terry listed on N54tech and what I used and I have zero issues..
    I used it incorrectly to connect my fuel pump to the Orange fuel line.

Others have used that to fit on to the siphon valve, but Terry said it's not necessary.

The part I listed above is to connect the T to the Orange fuel line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i am guessing everyone is using the 1/4 line all around to the 5/16th T

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and this has to be the best tubing for this
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0887&ppt=C0222

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I used it incorrectly to connect my fuel pump to the Orange fuel line.

Others have used that to fit on to the siphon valve, but Terry said it's not necessary.

The part I listed above is to connect the T to the Orange fuel line.
    Correct, I used it to connect to the siphon valve.. I did read Terry hooked the siphon valve back up as he found it helped maintain addtl fuel in the fuel bucket.

Did you figure why your car is running low pressure at idle?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct, I used it to connect to the siphon valve.. I did read Terry hooked the siphon valve back up as he found it helped maintain addtl fuel in the fuel bucket.

Did you figure why your car is running low pressure at idle?
    We installed the T incorrectly, where the pump flows into the bottom of the T and we put the Reducing coupling in the wrong spot AND backwards. I'm thinking both of these issues is leading to low pressure.

Going to drive till I empty the tank and then fix these problems. Hopefully that will solve it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Can anyone confirm something for me: Is the factory fitting that is removed a 5/16" quick connect fitting?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the prompt response. My thought is to use the following fittings so I don't have to remove it from the factory line. I have to verify yet that the quick connect fitting is indeed anodized as they are both aluminum fittings. Thoughts?

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On N54tech we put a writeup on how to do the cheaper inline option we have in our E92. We just used a fram fuel filter as a coupler. Worked well. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice idea Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Decided to add some fittings to my install as I was not very keen on prying out the stock plasic fitting. Added about $60 to the cost.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeller Click here to enlarge
    Decided to add some fittings to my install as I was not very keen on prying out the stock plasic fitting. Added about $60 to the cost.
    Looks quite nice to me...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks sharp! I was thinking of making some CNC fittings for guys who want to run this. But found the fuel filter method works just as well for $10. And you get an extra fuel filter. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS Is the line you used able to be submersed in ethanol? I see that Gates has ethanol approved submersible line, but only offer it in 5/16" and 3/8"? Will it matter too much if I use 5/16" hose instead of 1/4"?
    2008 E90 335i 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Back End Flash | BMS DCI | BMS DP's | COBB Exhaust | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS OCC

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast