Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

SPEED TV losing F1 next year to another network

SPEED TV just reported that they won't be covering F1 in the US next year. They were outbid by another network for the coverage, rumours are that NBC has picked up the rights. Not sure if this is the first step of SPEED TV being turned into an all purpose sports channel as many are claiming.

It's disappointing to learn that F1 has elected to move forward with a different media partner. SPEED had been the US voice of F1 since the mid '90s, and it was a passion for many people at the network. FOX Sports Media Group made what we believed to be a fiscally responsible bid based on the sport's current viewership levels, but F1 has elected to go in another direction. We wish them well. - FOX Sports Media Group spokesman
    Not sure how this will fare for the US fans and hopefully they will get the F1 coverage they deserve especially with FIA's push for F1 in the US and the Austin race next year.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah thats some BS and has Bernie written all over it... However on a biggger network they could see more viewership and thats a positive if its say NBC.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bernie wants more money and somebody has put up more than FOX. I'm hoping that Bob Varsha goes to the new network, from what I understand, he's the only one of the Speed team that still has a contract with. The other guys are free to go to look for new employment as their services are no longer needed there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man I never even watched it on speed.

Unfortunately it seems Speed is turning into an all sports network versus being about cars. Bummer, so who will get F1?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale