Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: my plugs...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

lol second hand engine is even worse than my old one. 2 cylinders have low compression.... luckily it has warranty... i must be the luckiest N54 owner on earth...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

wow man bad luck. you know @lamia2super had the same issue. an engine he ordered as a replacement had problems. unfortunately seems the used market is full of these engines with issues. obviously these are tuned engines, tuned poorly, gone boom in some way, removed, and sold for cheap to get a sale. crazy the euro market is the same, maybe not so crazy actually.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    lol second hand engine is even worse than my old one. 2 cylinders have low compression.... luckily it has warranty... i must be the luckiest N54 owner on earth...
    lucky you! the company i bought my motor from is rejecting ever doing busy with me and yet i still got a happy holiday message from them saying thanks for being a customer or something like that
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Arghh man Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

even weirder, now the shop that sold me the engine checked it. they found a ground cable loose , after connecting it the car was running like a champ... is it possible a ground cable can make 2 cylinder not fire and mess up a comp test? the car was even checked by another independent shop which confirmed that is running perfectly now.
    Will no ask the shop that put the engine in to redo a comp test anyway to make sure.
    when they picked up the car on a truck they $#@!ed up my front as well now which they are fixing right now...

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Woah dude! Did they not use a flatbed? Sorry to see, but I'm glad they owned up to it and will fix it for you. Also, glad to hear one weight is off your shoulders, finding a working engine. Lets hope this one is as good as it seems. You have been on one helluva roller-coaster ride. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we hope this is behind you and you can continue to push the platform as you have in the past.

PS: your car is clean enough for a reflection of you (the camera man) Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

even weirder, now the shop that sold me the engine checked it. they found a ground cable loose , after connecting it the car was running like a champ... is it possible a ground cable can make 2 cylinder not fire and mess up a comp test? the car was even checked by another independent shop which confirmed that is running perfectly now.
    Will no ask the shop that put the engine in to redo a comp test anyway to make sure.
    when they picked up the car on a truck they $#@!ed up my front as well now which they are fixing right now...

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...7cf4fb73-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...f5c1cd76-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...5ce2caa4-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...cc859491-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ee1b395a-1.jpg
    Which ground strap was off? Glad they figured it out at least!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

they used a flatbed but the guy was a complete idiot.....

no idea which one was off will ask .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Glad it seems to run OK now. Perhaps they messed up the compression test. A double check is needed.
    Damn pigs that damaged the front.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

yeah now i am extremely curious to see how to car runs with a perfectly BMW built engine and hope i wont need to leave it at a shop for repair for a whole year.........
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

yeah now i am extremely curious to see how to car runs with a perfectly BMW built engine and hope i wont need to leave it at a shop for repair for a whole year.........
    Are the TD's on the new engine?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    Are the TD's on the new engine?
    yep. gonna install as well the Walbro LPFP .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Oh crap, did the car fall off the tow truck or what? unbelievable...
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Oh crap, did the car fall off the tow truck or what? unbelievable...
    no the moron pulled the car up from the back without putting anything to support the front and since my car is extremely low he pulled off the front bumper.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I just did intake valve cleaning over the weekend. I noticed that cylinder 5 was the gunkiest of them all. Cylinder 6 was second to the worst. I don't have any photos but last time I cleaned was 25K miles ago.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yeah thats because the pcv dumps the oil straight into 5 mostly.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Poor enrita. You put up with so much on this platform dude.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Got the car back from the body shop with a brand new front and sides. Also repainted the hud and got performance grills as well. all for free Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Engine runs very well , pity got 0 boost.... so i left it at the shop to troubleshoot and finish installing stuff around the engine.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

So why does your signature say '07, but your grills say LCI?

Great to here you got your car back. Now flash that transmission firmware!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    So why does your signature say '07, but your grills say LCI?

Great to here you got your car back. Now flash that transmission firmware!
    grills are bmw performance.
    or do you mean the lower IC/oil cooler grills? those are just painted matte black
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Got the car back from the body shop with a brand new front and sides. Also repainted the hud and got performance grills as well. all for free Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...b42ec3b2-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...d5e8b3c7-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...da29f53c-1.jpg

Engine runs very well , pity got 0 boost.... so i left it at the shop to troubleshoot and finish installing stuff around the engine.
    Upgraded vacuum Lines. Did you do it as a result of my thread?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The car looks great Enrita Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bet vacuum line isn't stuck to wastegate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Considering that i cant even hear the wgs they probably messed up the connections to the vacuum canisters or solenoids, well at least the engine seems running perfectly fine. All lines are brand new.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Considering that i cant even hear the wgs they probably messed up the connections to the vacuum canisters or solenoids, well at least the engine seems running perfectly fine. All lines are brand new.
    @enrita Approximately how many years/months did you use ethanol (E85 mixes), and/or Methanol in this engine? And at what percentages?

Thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast