Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    ... and extremely boring to drive. I guess if you live your life 1/4 mile at a time and don't care about how fun it is to drive the car it makes sense. I'll still never understand. but that's just me

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge well, you've got a couple advantages there beginning with a car that is actually running! heh
    Well I did one trial run in 75 degree weather and got a 7.58 on a 1.48% slope. So I think I took your record, lol. That auto shift right at 130mph kills it. Going to pump the tires up a bit more and see if I can squeeze another mph out of them to avoid the shift. If not I'll need to grab maybe 1/2" taller tires. Next run will be in colder weather too.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I really need a vbox Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge well, you've got a couple advantages there beginning with a car that is actually running! heh
    Well, you have head job with new valves and considering your car has been down because of it for half of the year, I really hope they will account for some serious enhancements Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Sure hope so too Click here to enlarge we'll see soon enough
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Well I did one trial run in 75 degree weather and got a 7.58 on a 1.48% slope. So I think I took your record, lol. That auto shift right at 130mph kills it. Going to pump the tires up a bit more and see if I can squeeze another mph out of them to avoid the shift. If not I'll need to grab maybe 1/2" taller tires. Next run will be in colder weather too.
    shiiit.. thats nothin to worry about, youll be in 6's in no time,
    .5 in the slope is good for .5 in the 130 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

FWIW mine was on a 1.8% slope but no E85 up here back then and only a 5-11deg tune, stock catted exhaust
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Hi Terry - I see you've upgraded the 1 a bit !!! 7.5's are no joke in warm weather.

It appears to me that the BMW community is really prepping nicely for the Airstrip Event...with a lot of people making significant upgrades since the last one. See you there!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Hi Terry - I see you've upgraded the 1 a bit !!! 7.5's are no joke in warm weather.

It appears to me that the BMW community is really prepping nicely for the Airstrip Event...with a lot of people making significant upgrades since the last one. See you there!
    Thanks! Got a bit quicker this morning. 7.42 with a 2.1% slope. Still shifting right at the 130 mark though. =/

Also did a couple 1/4 mile runs too going half throttle out of the hole to keep the trans together. Back to back 130mph. So it's moving pretty well. I hope the trans holds together a little longer!

Did you get the blower yet? How is it running?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    ... and extremely boring to drive. I guess if you live your life 1/4 mile at a time and don't care about how fun it is to drive the car it makes sense. I'll still never understand. but that's just me
    FYI lamborghini no longer makes H-patern manuals. There simply wasn't anymore demand for the dying breed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Thanks! Got a bit quicker this morning. 7.42 with a 2.1% slope. Still shifting right at the 130 mark though. =/

Also did a couple 1/4 mile runs too going half throttle out of the hole to keep the trans together. Back to back 130mph. So it's moving pretty well. I hope the trans holds together a little longer!

Did you get the blower yet? How is it running?
    I know the RBs have 130mph in them Click here to enlarge

He got the blower, and dyno'd should be fun, do you have gopro's T?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    My commute is the same with half highway and the other half stop & go.. I sold my manual Supercharged E92 M3 coupe to get my E92 335xi coupe auto with paddle shifters simply because of the PITA it was with the manual.. I never thought I would enjoy an Auto but after driving a few DCT M3's both NA and boosted I was sold. Understand I do not have the DCT in my XI although I wish BMW would add the option to the XI model, I do like my FBO 335xi with m-sport package as a daily driver and I can smoke my M3 in the 1/8mile and slap on some snows for the winter Click here to enlarge Best of both worlds IMHO

Wow... Never saw someone switch from a M3 to a 335. Usually, its the other way around. Why not opt for the M3 DCT? Or did you drive the xi and immediately fell in love?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I know the RBs have 130mph in them Click here to enlarge

He got the blower, and dyno'd should be fun, do you have gopro's T?
    No I'm not really big on videos. So I'll have to leave that to someone else.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    FYI lamborghini no longer makes H-patern manuals. There simply wasn't anymore demand for the dying breed.

This is why shows like honey boo boo are ratings killers, and why the terrorists hate us. Everyone's lost their balls and sense of pride. Manuals FTW.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    This is why shows like honey boo boo are ratings killers, and why the terrorists hate us. Everyone's lost their balls and sense of pride. Manuals FTW.
    +repped
    When BMW no longer offers a true Mt i'll no longer drive BMW
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    Winning ftw

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    +repped
    When BMW no longer offers a true Mt i'll no longer drive BMW
    It's getting close in the US. I think Germany will always have MTs but.... The 2013 M5 was not offered to the US in MT trim. It's not looking good for us in the US.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    It's getting close in the US. I think Germany will always have MTs but.... The 2013 M5 was not offered to the US in MT trim. It's not looking good for us in the US.
    I saw that... I love how the "ultimate driving machine" is slowly becoming less and less a drivers car Click here to enlarge

When it comes time to get a different car I'll probably pick up a C5 Z06
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I saw that... I love how the "ultimate driving machine" is slowly becoming less and less a drivers car Click here to enlarge

When it comes time to get a different car I'll probably pick up a C5 Z06
    I was offered a really good deal on a TT Z06 this summer. I went and test drove it and really didn't like it. Click here to enlarge oh well. I plan to keep this car for a while but I'm real interested in the M2. I LOVE the 1M and hope the M2 is just as fantastic a car for a lot smaller price Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I was offered a really good deal on a TT Z06 this summer. I went and test drove it and really didn't like it. Click here to enlarge oh well. I plan to keep this car for a while but I'm real interested in the M2. I LOVE the 1M and hope the M2 is just as fantastic a car for a lot smaller price Click here to enlarge
    Same here, I'm in no hurrry to dump the N54 so I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I plan to keep this car for a while but I'm real interested in the M2. I LOVE the 1M and hope the M2 is just as fantastic a car for a lot smaller price Click here to enlarge
    Same here! The M2 or RS3 sedan could be my next ride!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The last 2 M5's were only offered as manuals in the USA, not Germany.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

When the E60 M5 was first released it didn't come in manual either. I'm confident BMW will release a manual version.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuSt4Boost Click here to enlarge
    When the E60 M5 was first released it didn't come in manual either. I'm confident BMW will release a manual version.
    What are you talking about? A manual IS offered.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ok I'll bite...

Click here to enlarge

Gotta love that double-the-power at 3000rpm.

Good luck T. Fix the trans and show em how it's done!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast