Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    On another note, it seems like even vendors get banned now on E90. Modbargains.com got banned, recently
    They sure did and are very happy to be here now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    He's having the issue on the stock map as well, its hardware.
    If it's hardware, and specifically Turbo related, he should have thrown a cell, and maybe even more codes than just 30FE. Also when the ECU sees a problem it gets code happy. PID means Past, Present, and future. When you flash it back to stock, and go WOT, just after the event, you will throw the same codes, because, you just did. This happened to Vasil at the track, and you can ask him yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    If it's hardware, and specifically Turbo related, he should have thrown a cell, and maybe even more codes than just 30FE. Also when the ECU sees a problem it gets code happy. PID means Past, Present, and future. When you flash it back to stock, and go WOT, just after the event, you will throw the same codes, because, you just did. This happened to Vasil at the track, and you can ask him yourself.
    Thanks for clarifying, your wealth of knowledge is overwhelming.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Thanks for clarifying, your wealth of knowledge is overwhelming.
    Wanna argue further, or is that just sarcasm? You could have just read the link I provided earlier, but that would be asking to much. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Thanks for the tip Turkeybaster! Yea only code i'm getting is a P30FE and a P3100. So i'm thinking it might be the tune as well because after uninstalling it and getting the same CEL, i just reflash to Cobb.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the maps as well as downloading new maps from the Cobb site. I only have the choice of 4.01 and not 4.02 though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dude try out the 4.02 just for fun... I promise nothing will happen Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Dude try out the 4.02 just for fun... I promise nothing will happen Click here to enlarge
    4.02 stage 1 +?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scflaw Click here to enlarge
    4.02 stage 1 +?
    Yup, go with Stage1+ drive
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Thanks for the tip Turkeybaster! Yea only code i'm getting is a P30FE and a P3100. So i'm thinking it might be the tune as well because after uninstalling it and getting the same CEL, i just reflash to Cobb.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the maps as well as downloading new maps from the Cobb site. I only have the choice of 4.01 and not 4.02 though
    Use the AP to "reset ecu learning", and not just clear the codes. This will clear the accumulated codes. Next if you don't have 4.02, then you can also download some of the 3.01 maps in the archives, just so see if they will throw the same code. Update your firmware using the AP manager though, before you do anything. Lastly if all this fails, then replace both boost solenoids.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Use the AP to "reset ecu learning", and not just clear the codes. This will clear the accumulated codes. Next if you don't have 4.02, then you can also download some of the 3.01 maps in the archives, just so see if they will throw the same code. Update your firmware using the AP manager though, before you do anything. Lastly if all this fails, then replace both boost solenoids.
    Will do! Cars at home right now, so won't have any time till the weekend. Thanks! You guys are the best

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just an update,

confirmed that it happens stock, does not have any other codes associated
    It says Clamped Bank 1- Is that the front turbo?

Just thinking aloud, so don't shoot me; Could the wastegates be clamped because of a defective solenoid staying on and overheating? I've read that the solenoids can overheat.

Also if i were to do a actuator adjustment, i would have to make it looser?

The car is great but its also starting to get on my nerves with these constant problems.
    I'm going to get some cobbs this weekend and see if the WGDC is on target

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Sounds to me like your wastegate is binding, which solenoids and adjustment is not going to fix. Double check that the vband isnt interfering, but outside of that it sounds like you need some new turbo's.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The weird thing was that the temperature in hong kong dropped below 20'C today. Gave it the beans again and no codes... It seemed to be limited to high engine bay temperatures, together with 6K revs over 100 KM/H.

I keep forgetting to get the car logged, try again tonight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Just an update,

confirmed that it happens stock, does not have any other codes associated
    It says Clamped Bank 1- Is that the front turbo?

Just thinking aloud, so don't shoot me; Could the wastegates be clamped because of a defective solenoid staying on and overheating? I've read that the solenoids can overheat.

Also if i were to do a actuator adjustment, i would have to make it looser?

The car is great but its also starting to get on my nerves with these constant problems.
    I'm going to get some cobbs this weekend and see if the WGDC is on target
    I'd replace all my vacuum hoses if I were you. It's not expensive at all, and most of them leak over time, especially the ones leading to the turbos, on the hot side. after that I'd look at boost solenoids, before I'd look at replacing turbos. Did you reset the ecu learning after flashing back to stock with cobb?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd replace all my vacuum hoses if I were you. It's not expensive at all, and most of them leak over time, especially the ones leading to the turbos, on the hot side. after that I'd look at boost solenoids, before I'd look at replacing turbos. Did you reset the ecu learning after flashing back to stock with cobb?
    Yea, i did do ecu reset. I'm not sure its the hoses though, i did a visual and pinch check on the hoses. None of em felt cracked or worn (maybe due to Hkg's horrible humidity). I'm going to try to replace the solenoids tonight, hopefully that solves the problem but i'm wondering if i should do a log prior to replacement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

got the log but i'm trying to find a way to upload it. Car didn't pop a CEL this time, oil temps were at 100'c.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Vacuum lines will not cause an overboost condition, only underboost. I cant see WG solenoids causing overboost either, keep in mind that the vacuum is used to pull the wastegates shut.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

yeah overboost is normally a sticky wastegate (closed)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

shouldn't a sticking wastegate be sticking at any temperatures though?

i was hoping it was the solenoid, those solenoids are just valves letting vacuum through right? There could be a chance that the higher engine bay temperatures could cause them to malfunction at high heat?

Or it could be the wastegates sticking due to the housing becoming hotter (maybe expanding?) causing it to become stuck?

You think i can fix it by getting a jb or procede to adjust wgdc settings?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

prtscrn'd my log. does anything seem out of normal?
    i had to let off, enough highway but not enough demerit points to afford going any faster.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

prtscrn'd my log. does anything seem out of normal?
    i had to let off, enough highway but not enough demerit points to afford going any faster.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo.../11/Log1-1.jpg
    I cant make any sense of that. Can you upload the csv file? just rename the attachment as .txt

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, files too large. I'll upload it tonight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Vacuum lines will not cause an overboost condition, only underboost. I cant see WG solenoids causing overboost either, keep in mind that the vacuum is used to pull the wastegates shut.
    hmm....there is a very quick and easy way to test this logic. Since you are flash tuned, just do a solenoid by pass. Next go do a whole bunch of WOT runs, next come back here and tell me what code you triggered. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

hmm....there is a very quick and easy way to test this logic. Since you are flash tuned, just do a solenoid by pass. Next go do a whole bunch of WOT runs, next come back here and tell me what code you triggered. Click here to enlarge
    One of my solenoids is bypassed, bypassed it when i was running a JB+ and never returned to stock configuration. I have no codes.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

One of my solenoids is bypassed, bypassed it when i was running a JB+ and never returned to stock configuration. I have no codes.
    This is called lying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast