Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So on 91 + meth???
    With enough meth it will be the same. Click here to enlarge But I haven't dyno tested it on 91 + meth. But I would likely run the lower advance flash map in that circumstance and I'd expect 15-20rw less.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With enough meth it will be the same. Click here to enlarge But I haven't dyno tested it on 91 + meth. But I would likely run the lower advance flash map in that circumstance and I'd expect 15-20rw less.
    Thanks.

How much further can these turbos be pushed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Would love to see an overlay of these latest results from Terry vs. the Vishnu single. The instant torque with the RB's is still so incredibley attractive and power under the curve would close the gap considerabley over the big HP number of the single.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks.

How much further can these turbos be pushed?
    Up top I think this is about it. Duty cycle is already fairly high. Maybe with some tuner tricks and another psi I could whip out another 20whp? But IMHO 500-510rw is what one can reasonably expect to make with them.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Up top I think this is about it. Duty cycle is already fairly high. Maybe with some tuner tricks and another psi I could whip out another 20whp? But IMHO 500-510rw is what one can reasonably expect to make with them.
    how much much under the curve with an MT on stock tmap? and how much more do you "estimate" with 3bar tmap?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    From everything that I've read methanol has a higher RON and better heat dissapating properties. Why run ethanol?
    No and no, ethanol is 0.1 RON higher (or lower.. Pretty sure higher, lets just go with identical Click here to enlarge )

.. Apparently 2 higher AKI, don't quote me on that, quick google.. I dunno how it works qhen both are the same RON.. Though i've found 3 different values.. One link says 129, another 115, another 108.. I'm pretty sure 115 is the more accurate one... As far as i know 113 is the research octane number for e100/e98

if you sprayed ethanol, it would have pretty much the same effect as methanol cooling wise.. Slightly better actually

Ethanol also has .. Some significant amount more specific energy, methanol has 55% less than gas, ethanol has 27% less

though you need more meth o hit afr'a so it makes more power overall in that regard :/

ethanol has a higger heat capacity too (my i ternet isnt working very well, you can easily find out in 30 second search)

basically ethanol >> methanol. Can take more boost, absorbs more heat etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    how much much under the curve with an MT on stock tmap? and how much more do you "estimate" with 3bar tmap?
    I don't see 550wtq being an issue @ 21psi down low Maybe more if someone wants to really push it. But, pure speculation as I don't have any desire to run more than ~500wtq at lower RPM at the moment.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

550wtq is not a joke! Thank Terry
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

So when do we get to see the 10 second pass?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    To paraphrase T, "when he grows a set" Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    I don't have it easy like the bay area guys. We have one track 2hrs away that is only open every couple of months. There is a day coming up mid Nov I'll try to attend, but I seriously doubt the trans will last more than a couple hard launches. We'll just have to see. It is making substantially more power than it was when it went 11.25 so I know it has the power to pull it off. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Not according to Fomoco Gm and chrysler engine labs it isn't. they rate e85 at a platry 105 r=m/2 and e98 at 113 r=m/2 with a poor preignition index. thats why you have to run super cold plugs.

secondly methanol is 133/105 ASKI of 119r=m/2 and it bears more oxygen then ethanol. Allows for much richer mixutre has a lower vaporization point and offer alot more heat dissapation then ethanol.

Methanol is a petroleum product and ethanol is a biomass product.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Not according to Fomoco Gm and chrysler engine labs it isn't. they rate e85 at a platry 105 r=m/2 and e98 at 113 r=m/2 with a poor preignition index. thats why you have to run super cold plugs.

secondly methanol is 133/105 ASKI of 119r=m/2 and it bears more oxygen then ethanol. Allows for much richer mixutre has a lower vaporization point and offer alot more heat dissapation then ethanol.

Methanol is a petroleum product and ethanol is a biomass product.
    E85 of course has lower octane than pure ethanol/methanol, not comparing that though

i'll re-find the sources later, but ethanol has more hydrogen atoms giving it higher heat capacity and some sort of advantage to burn

ethanol also has 2 higher AKI

what does r=m/2 mean anyway?

everything i can find says that ethanol is better for power production, which makes sense or they'd have m85 and m10 not e85 and e10

Ed: each molecule of eth/meth has one oxygen atom each
    Ethanol has 6 hydrogen, methanol has 4
    Per ml, meth has more oxygen, but the amount of hydrogen in ethanol almost makes up for that alone

ethanol does take up about 50% more space per molecule, but with 50% more hydrogen
    Last edited by Flinchy; 10-10-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

You have to remember that ethanol was developed as an alternative to gasoline. It was intended to be a race fuel. It just so happens to have characteristics that make it better than gasoline when tuned correctly. Methanol on the other hand was made for high prrformance engines.

I actually don't know much about this but my cousin is a chemical engineer that works in the petroleum field Click here to enlarge I've been blowing his phone up all day lol
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

R+m/2 is how octane ratings are calculated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Typically methanol is considered the superior and less expensive injection fluid. But, ethanol offers more fueling as a function of volume (which I need), is safer to handle, isn't much worse in terms of octane, and I happen to have a 55 gallon drum of it at the office making fill ups easier. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Ron (r) research octane number + mon (m) motor octane number

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

R+m/2 is how octane ratings are calculated.

Yeah but you can't work backwards as they're inequal values

also, neither were 'developed' for racing or automotive at all, they have simply been 'used' as they were around

nitro meth is actually what's for 'high performance' not regular meth

oh woah, i just found the thread you quoted from, was a bit de ja vu lol

when i get on an actual computer ima have to find some proper scholar documents/research papers, so much conflicting info

some saying rthanol can hold more heat, other less, higher aki, lower aki blah blah..
    Last edited by Flinchy; 10-10-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123