Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

These are very, very nice numbers. 513 whp is no joke and I like the comparison to the stock turbos maxed. The RB's are not maxed though yet are they? 70 whp on top of the OEM turbos certainly isn't bad.

What would this do on 91 + meth though?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Great numbers T for sure, but the air fuel looks a little on the lean side no? God I love the power curve of the N54 and the RBs really are a fantastic upgrade.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

That's not lean at all especially on e85. That's actually really solid.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Wasn't he running a 50/50 mix? Interesting though.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Great numbers T for sure, but the air fuel looks a little on the lean side no? God I love the power curve of the N54 and the RBs really are a fantastic upgrade.
    I've been running it at around 12.6:1 at higher RPM on the E85 mix and been happy with the results. I may richen it up a touch up there though.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

crazy...holding boost levels straight across almost to redline Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I've been running it at around 12.6:1 at higher RPM on the E85 mix and been happy with the results. I may richen it up a touch up there though.
    In my extended E85 (7 gallons E85) testing, I find that at 12.5 AFR mid range, the car is happy, however 12.5 straight across, the car is not. I would imagine my blend is of a higher octane than the cali E85 blend, since I am blending 93 octane compared to cali's 91 octane piss gas.

PS: you can't go 80 additive using the steering wheel controls Click here to enlarge 70 max it seems... is that going to be changed in a future firmware update?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Nice results as always Terry...Good news to see RBs hit 500whp+ Click here to enlarge

Had one questions:

BMS 2.2g meth kit w/ CM14 nozzle, running straight ethanol
    Im assuming your running methanol and not ethanol correct?
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Nice results as always Terry...Good news to see RBs hit 500whp+ Click here to enlarge

Had one questions:

Terry runs always ethanol , i do the same .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

why?
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

From everything that I've read methanol has a higher RON and better heat dissapating properties. Why run ethanol?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Because meth is toxic and ethanol is not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Had one questions:

No, he said and means ethanol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Availability?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Availability?
    Doubt it, I'm sure there is a plethora of methanol in CA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Where does one find ethanol, and can it be run with normal meth hardware? and where is info about meth supposedly being so toxic we shouldn't use it?
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Where does one find ethanol, and can it be run with normal meth hardware? and where is info about meth supposedly being so toxic we shouldn't use it?

it is definately toxic. i just finished reading some articles about methanol vs ethanol I found doing a google search. Then again, don't drink it, wear gloves when you handle it and don't mess with it in enclosed spaces and it'll be fine. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Had one questions:

In the recent past I've been using boost juice which is 50% methanol, but I ran out awhile ago, and I have a 55 gallon drum of E98 (ethanol) at the office, so I've been running that straight. So far works well. Less toxic too. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 10-10-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Nice numbers!

What would the gains be at 93 oct no eth/meth? Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Nice numbers!

What would the gains be at 93 oct no eth/meth? Click here to enlarge
    I haven't done pump only testing with them. But I'm sure they would be minimal vs. stock turbos at lower boost levels. You need to crank up the boost for these to shine. So those who are not running meth and/or E85 should only expect 20-30hp IMHO.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

You can get it at the hardware store (slightly expensive). Or find a shop that sells E98. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I haven't done pump only testing with them. But I'm sure they would be minimal vs. stock turbos at lower boost levels. You need to crank up the boost for these to shine. So those who are not running meth and/or E85 should only expect 20-30hp IMHO.
    Agree. Octane is badly needed to take full advantage of both stock but especially hybrid type turbos such as the RBs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Just avoid breathing it and fill-in outdoors rather than in the garage plus install a line for venting outside the car rather than inside via the cap.
    It is forbidden to use methanol as WW fluid in EU. It doesn't kill you, far from it, but it is good to keep in mind especially if you have children in your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

will do, i don't like kids anyways
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

So on 91 + meth???
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast