Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

G5 ISO -- Change in lagfix, rattle fix, etc.

Hey guys,

Starting with "_9" G5 ISO firmware we're changing how "lagfix" works. It's now going to represent default wastegate position (0-100%) during low throttle input. With this change it will have the dual purpose benefit of dialing in tip in response to your taste while also offering the flexibility to eliminate potential wastegate rattle in a way previously not possible with the JB4.

Another consideration with default wastegate position is low throttle exhaust sound / tone. A lower number will make your exhaust generally louder and slightly improve your cruising fuel economy at the expense of tip in boost response.

Basically this change makes the G5 lagfix variable much more powerful and flexible than it was previously. And in the near future we plan to add lagfix adjustment to the wheel control menu for quick on the fly changes. As part of this change we've removed the old rattelfix (FUD=99) option from G5 ISO firmware.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

awesome news!
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

good job

very happy with the g5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys,

Starting with "_9" G5 ISO firmware we're changing how "lagfix" works. It's now going to represent default wastegate position (0-100%) during low throttle input. With this change it will have the dual purpose benefit of dialing in tip in response to your taste while also offering the flexibility to eliminate potential wastegate rattle in a way previously not possible with the JB4.

Another consideration with default wastegate position is low throttle exhaust sound / tone. A lower number will make your exhaust generally louder and slightly improve your cruising fuel economy at the expense of tip in boost response.

Basically this change makes the G5 lagfix variable much more powerful and flexible than it was previously. And in the near future we plan to add lagfix adjustment to the wheel control menu for quick on the fly changes. As part of this change we've removed the old rattelfix (FUD=99) option from G5 ISO firmware.
    Very cool Terry! Nice development.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Will the rattle fix work as good as the one Vishnu has?
    In such case Im eager to try a JB4 to see if it cures my misfires...
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    Will the rattle fix work as good as the one Vishnu has?
    In such case Im eager to try a JB4 to see if it cures my misfires...
    The same. Although I'm not sure it will solve any misfire problems... Easy to try though.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

PS. Just posted ISO_10 firmware on n54tech.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Great Thanks T. Does this mean it's out of beta?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just bought JB4 and NLS G5 board, Switching from Procede V5 Rev 3 due to misfire and timing issues. Very excited to have usable power again!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Great Thanks T. Does this mean it's out of beta?
    No it's still technically alpha. But, it's getting close to being beta!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by slostjoe Click here to enlarge
    Just bought JB4 and NLS G5 board, Switching from Procede V5 Rev 3 due to misfire and timing issues. Very excited to have usable power again!
    Welcome to the club. Would love to hear your thoughts on the switch. I'm not sure i'd start a thread on this forum comparing the switch as there have been dozens of those on here but if you could do one on n54tech or PM me I'd appreciate it. I own Cobb and JB4 G5 and have often pondered trying the other one, just couldn't bring myself to it really.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

So the JB4 solved your misfire??
    Did you changed a lot of hardware unnecessarily before you made the tuner-switch?
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^ Procede is well known for high rpm missfire during hard pulls. It is easy to put JB in there and see. Click here to enlarge
    Did you change the injectors too ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I doubt its the tune TBH
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I doubt its the tune TBH
    Was the tune for me before shiv actually fixed it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Was the tune for me before shiv actually fixed it. Click here to enlarge
    That's history done and over with, that's why i'm saying i really doubt its tune related...try it i guess, can't hurt
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

So the JB4 solved your misfire??
    Did you changed a lot of hardware unnecessarily before you made the tuner-switch?
    You could also run Cobb with misfire detection off like many have done. It won't blow anything up !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I must say that Terry is now stepping up and just take another big step in tuning n54

very happy with this new JB4 g5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I had a jb4 g4 car ran great. I made the switch to the procede v5 for the NLS and procedeflash ability. Well after 2 months of nightmares I took the procede off and sent it back for a refund. My car never ran right once and I went through 2 harnesses and 2 procede units. I know that the G5 will fix my problem because it never misfired ever with the jb4 and to top it off the NLS didn't work on my car with the procede installed.
    08 E92 335i 6MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I had a jb4 g4 car ran great. I made the switch to the procede v5 for the NLS and procedeflash ability. Well after 2 months of nightmares I took the procede off and sent it back for a refund. My car never ran right once and I went through 2 harnesses and 2 procede units. I know that the G5 will fix my problem because it never misfired ever with the jb4 and to top it off the NLS didn't work on my car with the procede installed.
    Vishnu support wouldn't help you? Did you voice any of these problems?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    PS. Just posted ISO_10 firmware on n54tech.
    I really like the ability to change lag fix via the steering wheel controls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    You could also run Cobb with misfire detection off like many have done. It won't blow anything up !
    Yes I know, but I don't like the fact that my car probably will be slower with that tune.
    ...and I don't want to mess with stacked tunes...
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by piele_bps Click here to enlarge
    ^ Procede is well known for high rpm missfire during hard pulls. It is easy to put JB in there and see. Click here to enlarge
    Did you change the injectors too ?
    No, only plugs and coils. I've also checked for bad connectors, wiring and earth points without any findings.
    Next step is to swap the injectors.
    Now I've filled the tank with 100% 93oct along with a standard 93oct map and I've also dumped a bottle of STP Fuel Injector Cleaner in there, just to clean out the system after ½ year of e85 usage.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No, only plugs and coils. I've also checked for bad connectors, wiring and earth points without any findings.
    Next step is to swap the injectors.
    Now I've filled the tank with 100% 93oct along with a standard 93oct map and I've also dumped a bottle of STP Fuel Injector Cleaner in there, just to clean out the system after ½ year of e85 usage.
    You still have the Jb3, right? It is easier and free to switch with procede than swap the injectors( you need new decoupling elements, new gasket rings, etc).
    That's what i would do first.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by piele_bps Click here to enlarge
    You still have the Jb3, right? It is easier and free to switch with procede than swap the injectors( you need new decoupling elements, new gasket rings, etc).
    That's what i would do first.

Cheers.

clarify please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast