Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think the issue is very simple, it's competition for Rob hence his tone regarding the Vargas turbos.
    i dont disagree
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    More competition is better for the end-user. Without the RB's price point, these would not have been priced the way they were Click here to enlarge

Who knows, maybe Rob will have to drop his prices once Vargas Stage 2's are out. Free market ftw!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    On 9/4 they were quoted as "testing them now" (specifically Stage 2s), and shipping by ~9/18. Haven't seen anything tangible yet, not even a single picture, now 10/4.
    I actually had a set built before I had the flappers and was going to test them but decided to wait until I get all the parts. Hey Rob is right about the time frame. But I cant eat some mcdonalds hit the bathroom and scoop some SS billet flappers out of the toilet. I wish I could. Bottom line is, the parts are coming and its just a matter of getting the parts. Everyone who has put a deposit down knows if they want their money back we are a phone call away and you can spend 4 grand get RB's which you already know work and you will be happy with. I am not twisting anyones arm here. So the name of the game is going to be a little patience and I think you guys can see I am not trying to hide anything. Rob goes from being all out friendly to being a troll I guess it depends on his mood I really dont know. But the bottom line is, he is right I threw out early numbers, it happens. Im sure if we went back and did a timeline of him coming out with his turbos you would see a similar situation. I am leaving town this weekend and will not be on the forums at all. I will be back Monday feel free to pm me or email me any questions. Just updated the stage 1 thread. Customer is picking up car today. Boost issue seems to be solved, made a bracket to hold the read intake tube on and have an appointment for the dyno Wednesday. So barring him breaking it again over the weekend. We will be good to go. As always thank you guys for the interest
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 10-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well heck this thread was only to be for updates and information on the STAGEII turbos, it was not to be like this. Click here to enlarge

@VargasTurboTech I am sorry the tread got out of hand, and thanks for your update on them and your thoughts.

I to wish you could poop out some parts, but I am sure we are not in this for carp product, we are in for a excellent set for a really great price.

Enjoy your weekend and we will pick up when you have anything more to add when your ready, and hopfully by then this tread can get back on track. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Well heck this thread was only to be for updates and information on the STAGEII turbos, it was not to be like this. Click here to enlarge
    Lol this made me think of butters from southpark for some reason. Oh cheese burgers guys.

But bimmerboost is now my official drama fix for the day, car forums are great!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by infliktyd135i Click here to enlarge
    But bimmerboost is now my official drama fix for the day, car forums are great!
    You think this is BimmerBoost drama? LOL, stick around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You think this is BimmerBoost drama? LOL, stick around.
    MT vs DCT debate in T-minus 10...9...8...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

DCT sux. Its breaks driveshafts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think I figured out the communication breakdown. It is that RBs are not "4 grand". Not sure where you got that as they have never have been. They have been $2,999 since the beginning of time, much like your latest numbers of $2,499-2,999 for the currently undeveloped Vargas Stage 2s. Simply put I thought it was pretty hypocritical to accuse me of overcharging when your latest numbers are approaching exactly what mine are, while we both know you are not building as comprehensive of a product.

Rob

PS. In reply to Sticky. I know you are not a turbo tech guy. But I am. I know what he means when he talks turbo tech. And when he speaks tech, it is evident he is not building as comprehensive of a product. As for what he said, I do not lie. It just was not on this forum (ie. me overcharging and ripping people off, etc. after I indicate to him he will not be able to sell these for $1999- which as it turns out his price point is approaching RB rather quickly for again a less comprehensive product). I am all for the public deciding, but until a product is actually developed and tested I would prefer someone not riding my curtails and promising RB copies for cheaper when quite frankly it is all a pie in the sky at this point. Also is not looking to be a cheaper (yet less comprehensive) pie in the sky at that.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Everyone who has put a deposit down knows if they want their money back we are a phone call away and you can spend 4 grand get RB's which you already know work and you will be happy with. I am not twisting anyones arm here.
    Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-05-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

much like your latest numbers of $2,499-2,999 for the currently undeveloped Vargas Stage 2s
    Rather than undeveloped I think under development is a better choice of wording.

Simply put I thought it was pretty hypocritical to accuse me of overcharging when your latest numbers are approaching exactly what mine are, while we both know you are not building as comprehensive of a product.
    Easy there, he never said anything about overcharging simply stated he believes he can deliver his product at the price point he specified. Why you take that as an attack I have no clue.

Regarding his product quality, what experience do you have with it or Vargas turbo products in general? Let him do his thing, you do yours, the market will decide.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

RB stop acting like shiv and trying to justify your higher price point.

The end user will decide.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Rob, you have an awesome product. Just leave it be. It's already proven itself. With your knowledge you should just get in on a new single turbo setup or fully upgraded twins!
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Patience. Poor tony. I wish I saved my texts from the day I ordered , which was before anyone else did, these delays are expected and anyone who complains or asks 1,000 questions needs some patience and common sense.

Ex.- a few Users on here asking for anyone else with install pictures. Really?!? So concerned yet you haven't looked through the 4 threads with insane detail given by tony regarding progress but you ask a passively aggressive question?

And rob getting so defensive/aggressive is just odd. Seems uncalled for as Tony speaks with respect to everyone , rob included.

Let the man promote, advertise and update at his pace!! Its clearly evident he's making it a priority , things take time. Shiv singles , rb turbo wait time , etc.

only so many things can happen in one day.

With that said; My only issue so far is the stage1 tester has no baseline (at dyno place scheduled for Wed) that I know of (correct me if I'm wrong). Deeming his dyno pointless unless its alarming low or high. Also doubt it's dialed In properly if he didn't know how to set up procede to run more than 14lbs of boost. Those are the only things I would complain about at this point.

Also Jp no need to get so defensive over procede (e85 transcript from stage 1 thread). I've still yet to figure out why there's so much hostility over tunes. It's retarded bc they both do the same damn thing , one with better customer service. Its enough with rb vs Vargas no jb v procede please :-p

Im a newb here but figured I'd throw my .02 in.
    Last edited by ChuckD05; 10-06-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Good post chuck, I agree everyone settle down. I don't think anyone can argue how quickly Vargas has come on the scene and how responsive they are. It's very refreshing.... Vargas is just getting started.....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky, I think it is time to close this thread because it has lost it's way. Click here to enlarge

I did not meant for this to happen and I apologies to Tony because, well what can I say there are a lot of people that like stirring up things in a bad way.

All I wanted was a thread that gave information on Vargas STAGE II turbos and updates and that is all I wanted. Was that to much to ask?

@RobRBTurbo you started this, so I am going to finish this, and I will be opening a new thread, and please DO NOT post on it unless you have some information or updates on the Vargas STAGE II turbos, and we all know you won't have any, so there should be no reason for you to post on it, if you do I will as Sticky to remove the post.

Once again I am sorry this has happened to the thread and I will start a new one and hopefully it will have the information that I know that everyone would want.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vargas STAGE II turbos- Updates and Info thread II- BETA Testers welcomed!

Hi all,

We all know what happened to my last thread so I will not say anything more about it.

So if anyone, including the BETA testers have information or updates they would like to share please feel free to post.

@VargasTurboTech

Tony please feel free to post any thing you like on the STAGE II.

I like this forum because it has a lot of good information on our platform, and I hope that this thread will have the same good information that I know everyone wants to see.

Thanks!
    Last edited by farbmw; 10-06-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: To add

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    rob was the first one to do it... so i would expect for him to take a bit longer than someone now...
    Get off this site, Acura n00b Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mave198 Click here to enlarge
    Wonder if Vargas' agressive pricing will force "other" turbo makers to drop their price since no one will have any incentive to buy from another fabricator.

Just sayin'.
    i wonder if the aggressive pricing will stay where its at after final product is ready, didnt it already jump up 2x's in 2 weeks?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Heh. Let's try this again...

This is what Stage 2 comprises of according to my invoice:

Disassemble, Inspect cores
    Check factory tolerances
    Dimensionally Check Stage 2 Turbine Wheels
    Dimensionally Check Stage 2 Compressor Wheels
    Machine all housings to accept Stage 2 parts
    Reassemble & Balance Rotating Assemblies
    Remove stock waste gate flapper and install billet flapper
    Reassemble with factory parts, Check Clearances
    Install new Actuators
    Prepare for Shipment
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    I think it is time to close this thread because it has lost it's way.
    Nah, it's fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nah, it's fine.
    Okay, your the boss, I guess it would be interesting to see where this is going.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

6 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Rob it might be a good plan to put the shovel down & stop digging the hole deeper. Once the other system is out feel free to make a comparison to your product to explain why yours is worth more.

Right now you are looking like a Shiv clone jumping into every Vargas thread. The fact of the matter you have no idea how the Vargas business is run & how the economies of scale & incremental costs involved to produce the N54 turbos will effect the Vargas cost/pricing model.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks! Do you know who else is part of the BETA test group?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Me, bigdnno, JPSimon and chuckd05 as far as I know
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think I figured out the communication breakdown. It is that RBs are not "4 grand". Not sure where you got that as they have never have been. They have been $2,999 since the beginning of time, much like your latest numbers of $2,499-2,999 for the currently undeveloped Vargas Stage 2s. Simply put I thought it was pretty hypocritical to accuse me of overcharging when your latest numbers are approaching exactly what mine are, while we both know you are not building as comprehensive of a product.

Rob

PS. In reply to Sticky. I know you are not a turbo tech guy. But I am. I know what he means when he talks turbo tech. And when he speaks tech, it is evident he is not building as comprehensive of a product. As for what he said, I do not lie. It just was not on this forum (ie. me overcharging and ripping people off, etc. after I indicate to him he will not be able to sell these for $1999- which as it turns out his price point is approaching RB rather quickly for again a less comprehensive product). I am all for the public deciding, but until a product is actually developed and tested I would prefer someone not riding my curtails and promising RB copies for cheaper when quite frankly it is all a pie in the sky at this point. Also is not looking to be a cheaper (yet less comprehensive) pie in the sky at that.
    I apologize for that last post guys really not having a good weekend, dealing with some pretty serious family issues and not exactly helpful to wake up to being attacked by someone who can't decide if he wants to be friendly or not. I will not partake in this back and forth garbage. Rob is entitled to his opinion and that's fine. He is obviously threatened by the possibility of losing business and that's understandable. BottoRm line is we will see how the turbos perform, this has been said like 20 times already. My price point was $1999 for the intro and $2499 retail. That hasn't changed, if I decide to change it later that is up to me. So honestly let's just be a little patient and see what happens. As always thank everyone for the support and interest and I apologize for the rant this am:just caught me at a bad time, where turbos are far from the most important thing on my mind
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 10-06-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast