Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 63 of 63
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,267.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Ok fine,so be it. How are you going to solve what he has said or done?
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Ok fine,so be it. How are you going to solve what he has said or done?
    All I can do regarding his comments about others is point out his own behavior and hypocrisy. I pretty much count on people being intelligent enough to figure the rest out on their own.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't think you can draw that conclusion from that video Sticky.

    Bust out some advanced sound analysis equipment and prove it's a bearing - hahahah. Otherwise, it's like your opinion man ; )

    But, I will say this - all of these ESS and Gintani fanboys (you know who you are) act like 12 year olds. I've been accused by both sides of being with the other. I laugh in their face. HA HA.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    I don't think you can draw that conclusion from that video Sticky.

    Bust out some advanced sound analysis equipment and prove it's a bearing - hahahah. Otherwise, it's like your opinion man ; )

    But, I will say this - all of these ESS and Gintani fanboys (you know who you are) act like 12 year olds. I've been accused by both sides of being with the other. I laugh in their face. HA HA.
    Look do know 100%? No.

    Do we know he talked down on AA and Gintani because of rod bearing issues saying they obviously had to be the tunes? Yep.

    Did have a model year car that would be affected by this issue? Yep.

    Did I ask a tuner who has experience of what the rod-bearings going sounds like and if it is similar to what you hear in the video? Yep.

    Did he get rid of the car for another one? Yep.

    Would he have done that if it was just a loose airbox? No

    Would he have said it's $#@!ed up to do what he was about to do if there wasn't something more serious going on? Doubtful.

    Draw your own conclusions. Either way, I think he got what he deserved and frankly don't even care. But when he starts going after tuners on some idiotic vendetta as only his tuner can possibly supercharge an M3 I'm going to point out the type of person this is.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oh, let's just pass problems off to others. If you can get away with it, why not?

    So if your home has issues with the foundation rather than fixing them you sell the house knowing about the problem and move onto something new? Irresponsible and childish. Or with your flawed logic, cute.
    unfortunately for us enthusiasts.. unlike vehicles it is illegal to not disclose issues with a house for sale and can land your ass in court.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    unfortunately for us enthusiasts.. unlike vehicles it is illegal to not disclose issues with a house for sale and can land your ass in court.
    I get your point. My point that I'm trying to convey and people are missing is he calls people crooks yet he essentially put any repairs on BMW's dime instead of his own, a large bit of hypocrisy. Why this isn't considered crooked I have no idea.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Look do know 100%? No.

    Do we know he talked down on AA and Gintani because of rod bearing issues saying they obviously had to be the tunes? Yep.

    Did have a model year car that would be affected by this issue? Yep.

    Did I ask a tuner who has experience of what the rod-bearings going sounds like and if it is similar to what you hear in the video? Yep.

    Did he get rid of the car for another one? Yep.

    Would he have done that if it was just a loose airbox? No

    Would he have said it's $#@!ed up to do what he was about to do if there wasn't something more serious going on? Doubtful.

    Draw your own conclusions. Either way, I think he got what he deserved and frankly don't even care. But when he starts going after tuners on some idiotic vendetta as only his tuner can possibly supercharge an M3 I'm going to point out the type of person this is.
    Gotcha.

    I don't know these people or, honestly, the comments he made that you are referring to above. My thing is this - don't criticize someone's product unless you have proof and know what you are talking about. Most people just regurgitate what some *source* told them. A lot of times the sources are equally misinformed or have ulterior motives. There is so much misinformation out there, it really is pathetic.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    I don't know these people or, honestly, the comments he made that you are referring to above.
    Well that is because they were made in another thread where when I said the Gintani supercharger offering is the most powerful for the S65 he started calling them criminals with poor tunes that blow motors since it's impossible for anyone else to make a working supercharger or, gasp, a better one.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well that is because they were made in another thread where when I said the Gintani supercharger offering is the most powerful for the S65 he started calling them criminals with poor tunes that blow motors since it's impossible for anyone else to make a working supercharger or, gasp, a better one.
    I say let each kit and accompanying data stand on its own to be analyzed. The rest is high school drama - most of which cannot be confirmed/denied via internet forums anyway.

    That's why I'm here - because I know you won't censor me. So let people come here with that bull$#@! and I will humiliate each of them.

    Also - any tuner that says they have never blown-up a motor. 1 of 2 things is true:

    1. They are lying. Which is bad because um, no integrity.
    2. They are telling the truth - which could be even worse because they likely have no idea how to really tune.

    ...but the truth is that perception is reality on the internet. So people can't talk about these things...

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    I say let each kit and accompanying data stand on its own to be analyzed. The rest is high school drama - most of which cannot be confirmed/denied via internet forums anyway.

    That's why I'm here - because I know you won't censor me. So let people come here with that bull$#@! and I will humiliate each of them.

    Also - any tuner that says they have never blown-up a motor. 1 of 2 things is true:

    1. They are lying. Which is bad because um, no integrity.
    2. They are telling the truth - which could be even worse because they likely have no idea how to really tune.

    ...but the truth is that perception is reality on the internet. So people can't talk about these things...
    Exactly. It really bothers me people don't see what I see or worse yet buy into the high school he said she said stuff.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,213
    Rep Points
    1,812.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Also - any tuner that says they have never blown-up a motor. 1 of 2 things is true:

    1. They are lying. Which is bad because um, no integrity.
    2. They are telling the truth - which could be even worse because they likely have no idea how to really tune.

    ...but the truth is that perception is reality on the internet. So people can't talk about these things...
    Amen, failures are a natural part of R&D testing. As a customer, it wouldn't bother me if a vendor blew up motors during the development stage (unless it became a "reoccurring" issue) because it's the testing phase & that's where you're testing the limits. Meanwhile if customer cars, that were properly maintained, were having major failures that were a result of an "overlooked" variable that should have been addressed during the testing phase (i.e., PG's stroker, M33 failing to consider rod bearings failures & other failures we're unaware of).

    For ^^these reasons, I applaud @evolve for the R&D they've invested in their S65 kit. Between the CAD sims, the real world testing, testing with weaker components on the test car & then using bombproof hardware on the production kit, IN ADDITION to not trash talking any of the other vendors/detractors, THAT'S how a proper kit is made.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Points
    35.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Such nonsense ....

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    LOL he's trying to get the video pulled as if he's going to succeed. Nothing to hide right?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •