Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Why did M33 trade in his ESS VT2-600 supercharged M3? Video shows motor problems

So, @M33 traded in his ESS supercharged manual M3. You might ask yourself, why? If it was running so great and was soooo awesome the way he portrays it on forums what's the problem? Well, in the video you can hear some chattering noises from the motor. He knows it, his passenger knows it, and the decision was to ditch the car before the motor totally failed trading it in.

Kind of funny this guy goes around like a hypocrite accusing companies of blowing motors yet he knows he has a damaged motor and makes the conscious decision to pass it on for someone else to pay for the damage that happened under his ownership whether it be from his driving, modifications, whatever.

Enjoy and come to your own conclusion:

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the way in case you guys are wondering what is wrong there that you are hearing in the video, it's a rod bearing issue.

This hypocrite accuses others of blowing motors yet hides the fact his had problems. No credibility, no honor, no respect, just a fanboy piece of trash who attacks people who don't have the same supercharger kit as him on forums all day.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Motors not built for boost fail when driven agressively... I dont care who's car, kit etc... Thats the nature of the game that being said, he jumped out of the car before the motor popped and cost him a ton of money. I aint mad at him, I'm sure there is more to based on your post but to me thats a good move. Get out while you can.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Thats the nature of the game that being said, he jumped out of the car before the motor popped and cost him a ton of money. I aint mad at him, I'm sure there is more to based on your post but to me thats a good move. Get out while you can.
    So this is fine in your book?

We all know motors fail but this guy attacks other companies for failures that may come from TESTING and yet this piece of trash hides his issues to try to propagate the idea that nothing could possibly go wrong with any motor running the "chosen" kit?

Sorry, makes him look like a hypocrite and a child in my book.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by GG///M3 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have no idea what you are talking about GG and should mind your own business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wasn't this video posted a long time ago? Anyways, sucks to be the new owner of this car. That is a low class move if he sold it to a private party. If he sold it to a dealer then I don't care, its the dealers responsibility now.
    John 3:16

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So this is fine in your book?

We all know motors fail but this guy attacks other companies for failures that may come from TESTING and yet this piece of trash hides his issues to try to propagate the idea that nothing could possibly go wrong with any motor running the "chosen" kit?

Sorry, makes him look like a hypocrite and a child in my book.
    ANYONE DUMB ENOUGH to think that throwing an FI on a NA motor that at SOME POINT it wont BREAK is just plain stupid. Its inevitable I dont care what car it is, what kit it is, what kind of power adder it is. It is inevitable... So in my book getting out before he needed to buy a motor is a smart move. Whatever your beef is isnt my fight on that one bro. Just saying I would do the same in that case.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't this video posted a long time ago? Anyways, sucks to be the new owner of this car. That is a low class move if he sold it to a private party. If he sold it to a dealer then I don't care, its the dealers responsibility now.
    I didn't make a big deal about it but thought I would remind people of his character as he bashes other tuners. He blamed drew's rod bearing failure on tuning, well why didn't he blame his kits tuning? Because he is a hypocrite.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ANYONE DUMB ENOUGH to think that throwing an FI on a NA motor that at SOME POINT it wont BREAK is just plain stupid. Its inevitable I dont care what car it is, what kit it is, what kind of power adder it is. It is inevitable... So in my book getting out before he needed to buy a motor is a smart move. Whatever your beef is isnt my fight on that one bro. Just saying I would do the same in that case.
    Who is paying for your motor? Someone else?

Did I put my car back to stock to and have BMW deal with the trams on their dime or did I take the time and expense to upgrade it?

So you would pass the cost on to someone else? Very responsible.

Even if we forget the low class move what about him bashing other people who had rod bearing issues that weren't running his same kit? That cool too?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was gonna say this video is dated, he's had his DCT 650 for a while now.

It seems like in the video he wants to find out what the noise & if something's actually wrong, he feels guilty whoever might be buying a bomb. Assuming it's pre-BMW upgraded rod bearings M3 (07-early 09 builds), it's not really a surprise since the rod bearings in those cars was a problem on unmodded, stock motors.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dunno about you guys but that noise he's referring to is the air filter box under wot @ 2,800 rpm , every e9x m3 does that ....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SunocoCAM2 Click here to enlarge
    Dunno about you guys but that noise he's referring to is the air filter box under wot @ 2,800 rpm , every e9x m3 does that ....
    Heh no it isn't, you don't ditch your car over a bearing issue that affected 2007-2009 cars especially when exacerbated by supercharging.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Was gonna say this video is dated, he's had his DCT 650 for a while now.

It seems like in the video he wants to find out what the noise & if something's actually wrong, he feels guilty whoever might be buying a bomb. Assuming it's pre-BMW upgraded rod bearings M3 (07-early 09 builds), it's not really a surprise since the rod bearings in those cars was a problem on unmodded, stock motors.
    The rod bearings were a problem it's not his kits fault. So shall I start quoting where he says poor tuning and detonation cause rod bearing failures in supercharged m3's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

The rod bearings were a problem it's not his kits fault. So shall I start quoting where he says poor tuning and detonation cause rod bearing failures in supercharged m3's?
    I don't need you to dig up old quotes, but it's not right to make unsubstantiated claims that the competition has "flawed tuning" when it's not a confirmed, or repetitive, problem associated with a specific kit. To blindly support any product and talk down on the competition without credible data supporting your claims illustrates ignorance.

I just don't understand how you'd confuse that (clearly an abnormal mechanical rubbing sound) for a loose intake Click here to enlarge

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't need you to dig up old quotes, but it's not right to make unsubstantiated claims that the competition has "flawed tuning" when it's not a confirmed, or repetitive, problem associated with a specific kit. To blindly support any product and talk down on the competition without credible data supporting your claims illustrates ignorance.
    My point exactly. This is why I have no respect for him.

I just don't understand how you'd confuse that (clearly an abnormal mechanical rubbing sound) for a loose intake Click here to enlarge
    You don't and that is why the car is gone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully whoever got stuck with that near death motor got it repaired under warranty

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Its not fun dealing with this kinda issues!

This is why we dont touch the E92 M3 ..sooner or later it will go kaboom when boosting it on stock motor. MANY company´s seems to have problems, even ESS says on theire web "Application intended for: E90 M3, E91 M3, E92 M3 from 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011, 2007-2009MY cars require update of rod bearings to new BMW specification before installation of this kit."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
    Its not fun dealing with this kinda issues!

This is why we dont touch the E92 M3 ..sooner or later it will go kaboom when boosting it on stock motor. MANY company´s seems to have problems, even ESS says on theire web "Application intended for: E90 M3, E91 M3, E92 M3 from 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011, 2007-2009MY cars require update of rod bearings to new BMW specification before installation of this kit."

Thank you for the level headed response and exactly correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys read the posts by JAWS and others regarding the bearings, so why is it when someone else has a problem with a different kit this is the response? http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...609#post110609

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33
    rod bearing is a failure caused by detonation over extended periods of time

What goes around comes around, that's all I have to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ironic that when he made that post, he still failed to acknowledge that A) BMW upgradded the rod bearings for the S65s made mid-2009+ and that B) right on ESS' website (like JAWS brought) it specifically mentions that prior to supercharging, MY07-09 cars might need the updated parts

Both you & Bren called him out on it, and isn't oil starvation the cause of rod bearing failure ~90% of the time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both you & Bren called him out on it, and isn't oil starvation the cause of rod bearing failure ~90% of the time?
    I don't know about 90% of the time but the S65 definitely has oiling issues.

Ironic that when he made that post, he still failed to acknowledge that A) BMW upgradded the rod bearings for the S65s made mid-2009+ and that B) right on ESS' website (like JAWS brought) it specifically mentions that prior to supercharging, MY07-09 cars might need the updated parts
    Yep. Hopefully now people get it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who is paying for your motor? Someone else?

Did I put my car back to stock to and have BMW deal with the trams on their dime or did I take the time and expense to upgrade it?

So you would pass the cost on to someone else? Very responsible.

Even if we forget the low class move what about him bashing other people who had rod bearing issues that weren't running his same kit? That cool too?
    Aftermarket FI will eventually go boom without a properly built motor... I see no mystery or issue in the motor succumbing to the pressure and as its stated the bearings are an issue in those motors. He jumped before he had to build whether it be a lack of funds, no desire or wanting to move on to another platform. I see no issue with it... That other $#@! on the bashing is your beef no mines.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Aftermarket FI will eventually go boom without a properly built motor... I see no mystery or issue in the motor succumbing to the pressure and as its stated the bearings are an issue in those motors.
    This isn't the issue.

He jumped before he had to build whether it be a lack of funds, no desire or wanting to move on to another platform. I see no issue with it... That other $#@! on the bashing is your beef no mines.
    Several issues with this.

1. He bashed others who didn't just take their motor in under warranty instead blaming their supercharger kits tuning trying to imply other kits were tuned poorly and would blow a motor because they were not the same as his. That's absolutely pathetic.

2. He mentions taking money from hard earned enthusiasts as in other people who had this issue and paid out of pocket to have their motors fixed. Yet, he does a complete $#@! move ditching his car knowing it has a problem passing it off to someone else to pay for. So yes, he jumped to avoid a situation he chastised others over making him a hypocrite.

If you mod a car be prepared for the consequences.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you mod a car be prepared for the consequences.
    Or do what everyone else&their mother does: trade it in for a new one. To think otherwise is ridiculous as thats just what people do. Caveat emptor according to Mr. Brady Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast