Close

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I anyone needs part numbers for the turbo swap I have some, but since my car is a 2011 335is I did not get the part numbers for the oil lines and water, if I am missing anything feel free to add to my list. The numbers in the brackets is the amount of that part you would need.

(2) 18307553601
    (2) 11422246091
    (2) 11427563453
    (12) 11427558936
    (3) 11517602123
    (6) 11627558906
    (16) 18407502196

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Thanks I wonder if its cheaper to buy them seperately from tischer or buy the $254 kit from ecs. I would expect tischer but ill add it all up tomorrow
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks I wonder if its cheaper to buy them seperately from tischer or buy the $254 kit from ecs. I would expect tischer but ill add it all up tomorrow
    The parts I listed, I got ~$165 from the Tischer parts site.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

That guy turbomike is one of the few that actually run giac, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a tune for him, the problem is, I'm pretty sure all the stg 2 turbos are different so essentially thy all need a custom tune, like a cobb pro tune, to maximize their power potential
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    That guy turbomike is one of the few that actually run giac, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a tune for him, the problem is, I'm pretty sure all the stg 2 turbos are different so essentially thy all need a custom tune, like a cobb pro tune, to maximize their power potential
    If I was promoting GIAC I would expect a custom tune to my application to maximize it. They don't seem to do this as much though as other tuners.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If I was promoting GIAC I would expect a custom tune to my application to maximize it. They don't seem to do this as much though as other tuners.
    Yup, and that is definitely going to be a stumbling block for giac
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Without a "flash-at-home" device, custom tuning is impossible unless the user is local to GIAC and has alot of time (and money) to spend on the dyno. There seem to be variances in stage 2 turbo setups (wastegate stiffness for example) which make development of good off-the-shelfs maps difficult if not impossible.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The timeline will proceed as follows:
    1) Early November: Baseline dyno at GIAC to compare stage 2 race w/ new setup
    2) Mid November: Cruise up to Hayward California for an in-house installation of the turbochargers using MY OWN ORIGINALs. Also try and get the flex fuel pump from Shiv
    3) Late November: Drop the car off at GIAC in SoCal and have the beast tuned
    4) Early December: Track day and extensive logging from both GIAC and Vargas
    i dont see that happening, i would add about 45 days to the projected start date, at a minimum, just my opinion though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i dont see that happening, i would add about 45 days to the projected start date, at a minimum, just my opinion though
    stay positive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I am, im positive that wont happen like that Click here to enlarge

I hope, but dont think it will

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky,

Truth is that I build RBs out of Play Doh with my daughter at the playground after she is done with her homework each night.

If someone is interested in purchasing my Play Doh RBs that seem to work well, and available near immediately, and with unsurpassable support, they can do as such. If they’d like to invest in future developments with some unknowns, they can do as such.

The gloves seem to have been off for days now, but I think at this point we are all ready to move along. This thread will certainly offer up some valuable entertainment looking back someday.

Rob

Don't you build your turbos in your garage?

I don't get why you keep bashing. Well scratch that I do as you enjoyed being the only option and now seem to be threatened. Come on, grow up.

Thing is, you are a one man operation pretty much. That's fine, I respect it. But I mean people have said it's hard getting a hold of you, the build time is incredibly long, and the support isn't there like when people wanted their deposits back.

Vargas has the infrastructure you can't match. They are bigger and have been in business for considerably longer, simply a fact.

Now the build time on their turbos makes yours look like you were building the pyramids. But that is understandable considering your backyard mechanic setup. Once again, not faulting, simply a fact.

The thing is aren't some Vargas Stage I guys already running? That's record build time to me and would imply one aspect is certainly completed and undergoing testing.

Saying yours is proven when certain members took it upon themselves to show what it was capable of in order really to spite Vishnu is you taking credit where you didn't earn it. Plus, with how long yours has been on the market I should hope you have something to show for it.

Just sayin...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Damn Rob, I tried to rep this commend but it wouldn't let me. I hope this means you'll continue to build a fantastic turbo charger solution and we'll see where the Vargas turbos take us and we'll leave all of this turbo war drama behind us. It does totally remind me of the Terry vs Shiv stuff I read when I first joined to community and it certainly was wonderful for comedic value. LOL

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,

Truth is that I build RBs out of Play Doh with my daughter at the playground after she is done with her homework each night.

If someone is interested in purchased my Play Doh RBs that seem to work well, and available near immediately, and with unsurpassable support, they can do as such. If they’d like to invest in future developments with some unknowns, they can do as such.

The gloves seem to have been off for days now, but I think at this point we are all ready to move along. This thread will certainly offer up some valuable entertainment looking back someday.

Rob
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

does anyone have the part numbers for the water/oil lines? BTW the parts listed above came out to $113.60 shipped @ http://www.trademotion.com/shoppingc...%3D18407502196

not sure if the parts will still be in the cart but I tried to do it that way.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    I anyone needs part numbers for the turbo swap I have some, but since my car is a 2011 335is I did not get the part numbers for the oil lines and water, if I am missing anything feel free to add to my list. The numbers in the brackets is the amount of that part you would need.

(2) 18307553601
    (2) 11422246091
    (2) 11427563453
    (12) 11427558936
    (3) 11517602123
    (6) 11627558906
    (16) 18407502196

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

still never ending...you guys should just take the boredom and put it elsewhere...we are ending up with pages and pages of guessing prices, whether it be more expensive or less expensive, etc etc, just let it ride until he announces it. All this does is add speculations and when a customer comes up and calls he can be a pain in the ass and say 'oh well i saw on xx page on bimmerboost it was xyz price, why is it 2 grand more?'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    still never ending...you guys should just take the boredom and put it elsewhere...we are ending up with pages and pages of guessing prices, whether it be more expensive or less expensive, etc etc, just let it ride until he announces it. All this does is add speculations and when a customer comes up and calls he can be a pain in the ass and say 'oh well i saw on xx page on bimmerboost it was xyz price, why is it 2 grand more?'
    +100

People need to chill out a bit to be honest...here's my contribution to World peace:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    +100

People need to chill out a bit to be honest...here's my contribution to World peace:

http://demotivate.me/mediafiles/full...bf9435d3e8.jpg

mmm boobies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

In that case I would expect a much faster build time. Especially if you can get her to assist you.

If someone is interested in purchasing my Play Doh RBs that seem to work well, and available near immediately, and with unsurpassable support, they can do as such. If they’d like to invest in future developments with some unknowns, they can do as such.
    What do you mean unsurpassed support? Haven't people posted in this thread regarding communication with you? I haven't bought anything for you but myself have waited quite a bit for a response. Doesn't bother me, but it bothered this guy:

Funny rob mentions deadlines. Before placing an order for my rbs rob gave me a ship time of 4-6 weeks. 13 weeks passed and no turbos. By that time I had an expensive visit to the vet with my dog and with the idea of stage 3s from Vargas on the horizen I sold them before even receiving them. I'm just glad I was able to sell them for close to what I paid. Also not once during those 13 weeks waiting did I get an email, pm, or phone call from rob concerning the delay. I always had to contact him, which he did respond within a day. Just saying...

Are you even reading the thread? That hardly sounds like the support you characterized as incredible.

I think this is what people are trying to tell you. They don't need to be off. You do your thing and Vargas does their thing. Improve your turbos if you want and do a comparison. Suddenly another contender enters the ring and you are lashing out as if you territory is being taken. Drop your prices, improve your turbos, create a nice website, advertise, etc. Instead you are just posting vitriol in the person's thread who is doing all the aforementioned things you are not.

Let's be honest here Rob. You saw no competition and it made you complacent. You didn't advertise because you didn't need to. You didn't offer the best support because you didn't need to. You could take your sweet time and respond whenever you felt like it. The people with your turbos were doing all the work for you posting results, pictures, videos, dynos, etc. It's not like you have a store front people could go to. You sat back collecting money, posting for free on N54tech and then having others repost so you could have the largest bottom line possible, and now that someone is doing all the things you should have done you're upset.

Vargas gave you a nice wake up call and personally I'm not crying for you. Stop your $#@!ing and improve your product and marketing. Gloves off or gloves on you got smacked in the face and were totally unprepared for it. Now stop crying about it and do something about it. Either way, whether you get up and do that or not we all want to pay attention to what a turbo builder in business for decades is doing for this platform so stop raining on the parade. Thanks.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Rob can't keep his head out of the vargas threads, it's seriously like clockwork every time. He just posted in the OP's thread on e90post about things being "fishy"
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Rob can't keep his head out of the vargas threads, it's seriously like clockwork every time. He just posted in the OP's thread on e90post about things being "fishy"
    To be fair though, a lot of people on here thought the car was up and running and that the OP was driving it all weekend. He's now saying it was never put back together completely.

edit: I still cant find where it was mentioned the dyno would be canceled for the custom wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

People shouldn't be so absolutely obsessed with one guys beta set of stage 1 turbos on the dyno, i think the first issue lies there. Timelines get messed up, things happen.

That being said, Rob's tactics continue to be extremely embarrassing. He's doing nothing but tarnishing his name. Before all of this I was definitely considering buying a set of RB's, i even emailed rob and he got back to me. After seeing how he's handling all of this it's making me glad I didn't buy them.

He has an awesome product, he should just stick to building them and stop being a troll.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

See post #214
    Holy crap, that is one exceptionally eloquent and complete "come to Jesus" talk if I've ever heard one. I have no dog on either side of this fight, just interested to see where this has detoured.

And is it me, or did no one else notice that Tony is going to be running a steadycam in a Jonas Brothers concert this week? How is this not the most entertaining (in a applauding Tony for being a nice guy but at the same time laughing at him for having to rush out and endure a Jonas Brothers concert) thing on this forum ever?

But back on topic, I'd imagine someone with decades of turbo experience can figure out some way to enhance the output of these tiny, smaller than a sticky bun, turbos. Just got a possible E92 335i/6MT track/race car candidate here at the shop...
    James Muskopf
    RRT Racing
    2007 E92 335i/6MT Procede Rev3 w/PWM meth, otherwise stock
    E28 M5, R171 SLK320

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Salg Click here to enlarge
    To be fair though, a lot of people on here thought the car was up and running and that the OP was driving it all weekend. He's now saying it was never put back together completely.

edit: I still cant find where it was mentioned the dyno would be canceled for the custom wheel
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...074#post337074
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...137#post337137

those post basically say he is waiting for the custom wheel before install/dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I was talking to Tony a few nights ago, hes workin all sorts of hours to get these put together, give him some time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...074#post337074
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...137#post337137

those post basically say he is waiting for the custom wheel before install/dyno.
    Ah they were here in the stage II thread....... Thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Salg Click here to enlarge
    Ah they were here in the stage II thread....... Thanks Click here to enlarge
    I'm surprised you do not read every single post on every single thread. Shame on you.

On a serious note, I find it funny that Rob is even mentioning "non-disclosure" when Tony has been trying his best to let us know everything that's been happening with his turbos.

I brought this up on the other site, but maybe Rob might want to chime in on what caused the oil leak on a set of his turbos that were being tested by a well known flash tuner. This was more recent than the 30 page post Rob referred to on the other site.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast