Close

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    food for thought. i considered if i were to just be getting into a 335, purely for the performance, i goggled the car i would do. although, i wold go for E92, this is the first that popped up
    http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-...sting=39646130

add a stg 3 TT kit, and a couple hundred more on supporting mods, street sweeper bimmer.. for about 20k
    I bet something is wrong with that car.
    just saying

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I bet something is wrong with that car.
    just saying
    lol, show me a 335 that doesnt have SOMETHING wrong with it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, show me a 335 that doesnt have SOMETHING wrong with it..
    Mine....lol

I bet the stg 3's will be more than the vishnu single price...but I also think they will produce more power
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge WOW! I am really surprised on how this thread turned out LOL! Just WOW!Click here to enlarge

@Sticky did you know this would happen? Your the man with the plan sort of speak! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    food for thought. i considered if i were to just be getting into a 335, purely for the performance, i goggled the car i would do. although, i wold go for E92, this is the first that popped up
    http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-...sting=39646130

add a stg 3 TT kit, and a couple hundred more on supporting mods, street sweeper bimmer.. for about 20k
    Holy hell that is one ugly 335
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The disparity between a base 3 series and a loaded one is night and day. I wouldn't bother buying one without the trimmings. A $14k e90 raises some red flags, but maybe they are just a lot cheaper than e92? I never checked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge WOW! I am really surprised on how this thread turned out LOL! Just WOW!Click here to enlarge

@Sticky did you know this would happen? Your the man with the plan sort of speak! Click here to enlarge
    You are asking if I can predict the future?

I don't really see the "wow" factor. Vendor is doing things with upraded turbos at an incredibly competitive price point and a person who currently sells turbos seems to be trying to rain on the parade and is taking a negative stance. It's nothing crazy.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    List of Betas and Pre-orders as promised. I was initially only going to do 3 betas ended up with 4 because Farley is Local to Dzenno and I wanted him to tune a set and then Mr. Lewis called me and talked to me about GIAC wanting to tune a set so I added him as well. If I am incorrect on any of the tuners you guys plan on using please feel free to correct me and add the ones I did not know. There are still 2 spots left to get the intro price of $1999 for the pre-orders then I am going to close that down. As always THANK all you guys for the interest and support. I am doing everything in my power to get these out to you in the time frame discussed, but I am not going to ship anything go until I feel they are ready.

These are in the order I received the deposits.

Betas:
    Jonah Simon - Procede Tuning
    Allen Radar - Cobb Tuning
    Charles Watson - JB4 Tuning
    Farley Wellington - Cobb Tuning
    Michael Lewis - Giac Tuning

Pre - Order:
    Michael Daigle - JB4 G5 ISO with BMS Backend Flash
    Sammy Abdulah - Tuning not sure
    John Na - Tuning not sure

Sammy Abdullah - JB4 G5 ISO (possibly BMS Backend flash later on) Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, do you have any additional info on the GIAC tune? I'm just wondering if they are building a file for the bigger turbos or what. Interesting stuff!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    Tony, do you have any additional info on the GIAC tune? I'm just wondering if they are building a file for the bigger turbos or what. Interesting stuff!
    I honestly don't have much more information than he is hooked up with GIAC and is running s tune on his car now and they are interested in creating a tune for upgraded turbos. It was also interesting to me which is why I made the exception to add the 5th beta to see how they do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    You can PM him, he is over on e**post name is
    turb0mike

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I never said it doesn't cost more then $6750 to have the car up and running. My response was because of the comment about how it costs more than the base price of the single turbo kit to get it up and running on a stock car compared to twin turbos. The same can be said about upgraded twins - you don't just throw on a set of $3100 RB turbos on a stock car and call it a day. There are lots of additional mods that are necessary to take advantage of any turbo upgrade.
    But you could throw on a set of RBs with no mods or tune and the car would still run...

John Na - COBB/PTF
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I honestly don't have much more information than he is hooked up with GIAC and is running s tune on his car now and they are interested in creating a tune for upgraded turbos. It was also interesting to me which is why I made the exception to add the 5th beta to see how they do.
    Good call to add the 5th test...I'm partial to GIAC. A very underrated tune and TBH a stout one at that. 8)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    You can PM him, he is over on e**post name is
    turb0mike

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would be very, very surprised if GIAC had now expressed interest in developing a tune for upgraded turbos.

I had been running their stage 2 flash for almost two years and hassled them repeatedly about a flash for bigger turbos, as did others on this forum. To no avail, I think for them the market for this just isn't large enough to warrant the R&D costs.

Also, the experiences with the COBB tune show that in particular with cars equipped with bigger turbos you need to do a lot of customised tuning, OTS maps usually don't work properly. And GIAC wouldn't do that, and with the absence of a flash-at-home solution this is practically not doable for customers anyway.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not to spite you at all. I just feel the masses would appreciate the lower price point and I can offer it there with still very good profits. As for copying your stage 1, I do not believe you invented hybrid turbos. Or I least that is what you tell me when I said trying to ride RB curtails by promising a comparable product for less. Just a bit more hypocrisy for ya I guess. You and your large established company can keep peddling a product that is not even complete, tested, or proven yet that is cool with me.

Now after all the negative talk you have given me over stage one you come out and say as soon as I test you will copy the turbo and sell it for $300 dollars less just to spite me, this doesn't bother me but it does show your character. As far as me being a hypocrite I am not sure what you are referring to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

If it's so cool with you why do you keep wasting peoples time posting in his threads? We get it... you don't like potential competition. You've been a great asset to the community but you're seriously making yourself look bad.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well it's legit that Rob defends a product which he was the first to introduce on this platform. Wouldn't we do the same thing if we were in his position? Isn't there a little Shiv in all of us Click here to enlarge

Edit: crap, that could be misunderstood..oh well. We're all mature here aren't we Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't consider what Rob has been doing "defending" his product. We all know Rob's turbos work great, they are proven. He should just let that speak for itself and leave it be. He's making himself look so bad. What he's doing in these threads is something very different than simply "defending" his product. He's doing everything he can do to $#@! on Vargas as we lead up to the release of his turbos. It's embarrassing, but I guess I can't blame him. He should just know when to quit.
    Last edited by jpsimon; 10-09-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Even Terry got butthurt when Dzenno revealed plans to "improve" on his oil catch can Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    List of Betas and Pre-orders as promised. I was initially only going to do 3 betas ended up with 4 because Farley is Local to Dzenno and I wanted him to tune a set and then Mr. Lewis called me and talked to me about GIAC wanting to tune a set so I added him as well. If I am incorrect on any of the tuners you guys plan on using please feel free to correct me and add the ones I did not know. There are still 2 spots left to get the intro price of $1999 for the pre-orders then I am going to close that down. As always THANK all you guys for the interest and support. I am doing everything in my power to get these out to you in the time frame discussed, but I am not going to ship anything go until I feel they are ready.

These are in the order I received the deposits.

Betas:
    Charles Watson - JB4 Tuning
    Jonah Simon - Procede Tuning
    Allen Radar - Cobb Tuning
    Farley Wellington - Cobb Tuning
    Michael Lewis - Giac Tuning

Pre - Order:
    Michael Daigle - JB4 G5 ISO with BMS Backend Flash
    Sammy Abdulah - JB4 G5 ISO (possibly BMS Backend flash later on)
    John Na - Tuning not sure
    Had to change the order around, I forgot Chuck had paid via Paypal so my office manager had waited til it cleared to make the invoice but he was the one to make first payment. All the betas will most likely ship at the same time so its no biggy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I never said it doesn't cost more then $6750 to have the car up and running. My response was because of the comment about how it costs more than the base price of the single turbo kit to get it up and running on a stock car compared to twin turbos. The same can be said about upgraded twins - you don't just throw on a set of $3100 RB turbos on a stock car and call it a day. There are lots of additional mods that are necessary to take advantage of any turbo upgrade.
    I understand and agree on that point (operational upgraded turbo kit isn't close to $3000) . You don't see the real numbers posted up anywhere, so I'll do just that.

It all depends on if you're stock, already modded and reusing parts or buying/tossing a lot of stuff for what you must run to get the single turbo running. It's prob about $5k for a stock turbo FBO car to move up to RBs (not counting clutch or trans upgrades) but for the FFTEC single, it's nearly a full boat $12k to upgrade unless you already have a Procede. I'd guess the majority of people who own upgraded turbo N54s probably were FBO or one item short.

Hybrid Style Turbo Kit FFTEC Single Turbo Kit
    Item Price Item Price
    RB Turbos $3,100 FFTEC non-BB Turbo $6,750
    intercooler $800 ETS Race intercooler $1,000
    Good downpipes $600 custom exhaust y-pipe $250
    Meth Kit $500 Wastegate pipe $250
    Air Filters $100 Vishnu Meth Kit $800
    Tune $700 AEM 3 BAR MAP $100
    $5,800 BOV $350
    Procede $750
    $10,250
    Installation $1,500 Installation $1,500
    $7,300 $11,750

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup, now take that same approach for any true TT upgrade and add even more money than the ST kit due to the fact you have to buy 2 turbos and 2 turbo manifolds. Yes, they will be part of the kit, but the kit WILL be more than the ST upgrade. I thinks that's where this discussion was going.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty sure we're on the same page. If i'm being completely honest if I was just entering the n54 market and bought a used 335 I would 100% get the single turbo. I could have gone with the single right now, but I've put nearly 90k miles on my car (which i bought new back in 2008) and I'm not completely sure how long I want to keep it. A much lower cost hybrid (second time i'm upgrading the turbos though hah) makes more sense for me.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    I understand and agree on that point (operational upgraded turbo kit isn't close to $3000) . You don't see the real numbers posted up anywhere, so I'll do just that.

It all depends on if you're stock, already modded and reusing parts or buying/tossing a lot of stuff for what you must run to get the single turbo running. It's prob about $5k for a stock turbo FBO car to move up to RBs (not counting clutch or trans upgrades) but for the FFTEC single, it's nearly a full boat $12k to upgrade unless you already have a Procede. I'd guess the majority of people who own upgraded turbo N54s probably were FBO or one item short.

Hybrid Style Turbo Kit FFTEC Single Turbo Kit
    Item Price Item Price
    RB Turbos $3,100 FFTEC non-BB Turbo $6,750
    intercooler $800 ETS Race intercooler $1,000
    Good downpipes $600 custom exhaust y-pipe $250
    Meth Kit $500 Wastegate pipe $250
    Air Filters $100 Vishnu Meth Kit $800
    Tune $700 AEM 3 BAR MAP $100
    $5,800 BOV $350
    Procede $750
    $10,250
    Installation $1,500 Installation $1,500
    $7,300 $11,750
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Yup, now take that same approach for any true TT upgrade and add even more money than the ST kit due to the fact you have to buy 2 turbos and 2 turbo manifolds. Yes, they will be part of the kit, but the kit WILL be more than the ST upgrade. I thinks that's where this discussion was going.
    Glad everyone has figured out my pricing before I have. My goal is for the kit to cost less or the same as the single. Patience grasshoppers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very true JP, I'm pretty sure I'll have $11K into the engine once I put these stage 2s on, hindsight being 20/20 though, the $11,750 price tag from stock to 650HP doesn't seem too bad does it? LOL
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast