Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so, since this is a new thread, whats the price on these and current ETA to completion/beta testing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Me, bigdnno, JPSimon and chuckd05 as far as I know
    And I think nafoo as well? @nafoo

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so, since this is a new thread, whats the price on these and current ETA to completion/beta testing?
    I would let Tony answer that when he get back from doing his family business, I think he will be back Monday. @VargasTurboTech

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    here we goClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Patience. Poor tony. I wish I saved my texts from the day I ordered , which was before anyone else did, these delays are expected and anyone who complains or asks 1,000 questions needs some patience and common sense.

Ex.- a few Users on here asking for anyone else with install pictures. Really?!? So concerned yet you haven't looked through the 4 threads with insane detail given by tony regarding progress but you ask a passively aggressive question?

And rob getting so defensive/aggressive is just odd. Seems uncalled for as Tony speaks with respect to everyone , rob included.

Let the man promote, advertise and update at his pace!! Its clearly evident he's making it a priority , things take time. Shiv singles , rb turbo wait time , etc.

only so many things can happen in one day.

With that said; My only issue so far is the stage1 tester has no baseline (at dyno place scheduled for Wed) that I know of (correct me if I'm wrong). Deeming his dyno pointless unless its alarming low or high. Also doubt it's dialed In properly if he didn't know how to set up procede to run more than 14lbs of boost. Those are the only things I would complain about at this point.

Also Jp no need to get so defensive over procede (e85 transcript from stage 1 thread). I've still yet to figure out why there's so much hostility over tunes. It's retarded bc they both do the same damn thing , one with better customer service. Its enough with rb vs Vargas no jb v procede please :-p

Im a newb here but figured I'd throw my .02 in.
    I was thinking the SAME thing so I have decided to take the time build him a fresh set of stockers, get a baseline and let him have his car until my custom 14T wheels come in and then do the stage one install and dyno it. Makes the most sense to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is a quote from Tony:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    My price point was $1999 for the intro and $2499 retail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking the SAME thing so I have decided to take the time build him a fresh set of stockers, get a baseline and let him have his car until my custom 14T wheels come in and then do the stage one install and dyno it. Makes the most sense to me.
    Its not pointless if he does a stock map and then tuned map the same day. That will show a delta. Not many people with upped turbos have a baseline with the stock turbos same day. Really if the dynos arent done on the same dyno on the same day then comparisons aren't apples to apples. I'm not dyno ing my car when I drop it off for the turbo upgrade. Sure it would be nice but I don't see the point of building him stockers having those installed for a dyno then having to install more turbos and dyno in them too. Just overkill to me.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Its not pointless if he does a stock map and then tuned map the same day. That will show a delta. Not many people with upped turbos have a baseline with the stock turbos same day. Really if the dynos arent done on the same dyno on the same day then comparisons aren't apples to apples. I'm not dyno ing my car when I drop it off for the turbo upgrade. Sure it would be nice but I don't see the point of building him stockers having those installed for a dyno then having to install more turbos and dyno in them too. Just overkill to me.
    Well it serves two purposes. The first is so his car isn't down as I wait for the new custom wheels, and the side benefit is I can do a stock dyno run just to get a baseline. Honestly my goal with the stage ones is to prove they will not lose power as seems to have happened with other people trying the same style of upgrade. Any gains will just be icing as far as I am concerned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I think he meant just to drive around on until the real stg1s are ready

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! Do you know who else is part of the BETA test group?
    Hey guys, I am out of town this weekend and was trying to stay off the forums but failed. I will post a full list of our betas and pre-orders in order of shipping on Monday. I apologize for that rant on the last thread. I want to keep everything we do as professional as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, I am out of town this weekend and was trying to stay off the forums but failed. I will post a full list of our betas and pre-orders in order of shipping on Monday. I apologize for that rant on the last thread. I want to keep everything we do as professional as possible.
    No worries, it's all good, we know your taking care of business and when your ready, we will be ready, remember your off the clock!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah I see. Well can't wait to see results. Stage 1 customer sounded really happy about the set he has. I'm confident we'll see gains making them a super cheap option.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No hurry. I have a rough idle I have to figure out then get my n20 map sensor in and intake changed out. Lots of work to do in preparation for my stage 2s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

0 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes. I see. You bait and switch your price from $1999, to $2499, now maybe up to $2999 (as noted in one post on BB). Who knows whats next? Because you are an honest christian man. Ha. Plus you have not even shown a single sign you have anything near a working stage 2 let alone a 3 solution. Even the Stage 1s are laughable, and up for sale within hours of being installed on a car (which still is not proven to any level and failing if anything). If I am bi-polar, you are intense ADD as you try to peddle a product that you have zero data as a proven power adder or even reliable at that. Try some soak time maybe, it's just the smart thing to do. Some may call that R&D, something that seems to escapes Vargas Turbo... But of course now you'll wiggle yourself out of the facts and have the day dreamers and hopeful wishers and selective readers as support.

The $3499 on RB website includes $300 core charge which is refundable plus a webmaster fee. But hey it's ok to round my price up $500 and then round yours down $1k. Helps with the Vargas propaganda campaign I guess. People tend to call me for best pricing and its always the same. Also if memory serves you mentioned you had a $400 core charge you conveniently are not including in your costs but are ok with including in mine (plus some). Moot point really as it is optionally refundable, but since I do not reuse any original "wear" components my core return is not subject to inspection, etc., unlike yourself.

All in all, don't care. This is entertainment value to me. I could trade the shovel for a backhoe and it still would not matter as I have no fear, for I sell no matter what. I just like calling BS when I see it and Vargas concepts are all honestly are a massive joke of a situation as they are all pipe dreams. It is not like stage 2 of a product are infinitely produceable like electronics or software, it is highly limited by cores. And I do this for fun, certainly is not something I live off of by any means and ultimately I whole heartedly hope someone can prove me wrong but am sure they will not. The entertainment in this is like me saying I will be the next UFC Champ, but I need to begin and complete all of my Jujitsu training first. But I will do it, as I have great genetics!! Ha.

BTW here is your post saying I am a ripoff on E90post:
    e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12639808&postcount=57 (youll have to put a www dot before)

As for the stage 3 development it definitely will be interesting. And to be specific I said if you can make one that installs "cleanly", then yes I'd buy it. But I'm certainly not holding my breath for that... Guess we all see at some undetermined later date and cost like everything else you say.

As for stage 1, the day you prove out them as an "upgrade" I will offer the same service for $999 retail. But I'll feel bad selling the joke of an upgrade that your uneducated group would like to sell. Ultimately I could do that and be as profitable as RBs are today, which is odd because you indicate profits aren't something you are interested in... But whatevs...

I'm out guys, I'll finish out watching the train wreck from afar. And I'll be sure to tell you I told you so later. Rest assured that will happen.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow. You know what they say Tony...

Click here to enlarge
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Yes. I see. You bait and switch your price from $1999, to $2499, now maybe up to $2999 (as noted in one post on BB). Who knows whats next? Because you are an honest christian man. Ha. Plus you have not even shown a single sign you have anything near a working stage 2 let alone a 3 solution. Even the Stage 1s are laughable, and up for sale within hours of being installed on a car (which still is not proven to any level and failing if anything). If I am bi-polar, you are intense ADD as you try to peddle a product that you have zero data as a proven power adder or even reliable at that. Try some soak time maybe, it's just the smart thing to do. Some may call that R&D, something that seems to escapes Vargas Turbo... But of course now you'll wiggle yourself out of the facts and have the day dreamers and hopeful wishers and selective readers as support.

The $3499 on RB website includes $300 core charge which is refundable plus a webmaster fee. But hey it's ok to round my price up $500 and then round yours down $1k. Helps with the Vargas propaganda campaign I guess. People tend to call me for best pricing and its always the same. Also if memory serves you mentioned you had a $400 core charge you conveniently are not including in your costs but are ok with including in mine (plus some). Moot point really as it is optionally refundable, but since I do not reuse any original "wear" components my core return is not subject to inspection, etc., unlike yourself.

All in all, don't care. This is entertainment value to me. I could trade the shovel for a backhoe and it still would not matter as I have no fear, for I sell no matter what. I just like calling BS when I see it and Vargas concepts are all honestly are a massive joke of a situation as they are all pipe dreams. It is not like stage 2 of a product are infinitely produceable like electronics or software, it is highly limited by cores. And I do this for fun, certainly is not something I live off of by any means and ultimately I whole heartedly hope someone can prove me wrong but am sure they will not. The entertainment in this is like me saying I will be the next UFC Champ, but I need to begin and complete all of my Jujitsu training first. But I will do it, as I have great genetics!! Ha.

e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12639808&postcount=57 (youll have to put a www dot before)

As for the stage 3 development it definitely will be interesting. And to be specific I said if you can make one that installs "cleanly", then yes I'd buy it. But I'm certainly not holding my breath for that... Guess we all see at some undetermined later date and cost like everything else you say.

As for stage 1, the day you prove out them as an "upgrade" I will offer the same service for $999 retail. But I'll feel bad selling the joke of an upgrade that your uneducated group would like to sell. Ultimately I could do that and be as profitable as RBs are today, which is odd because you indicate profits aren't something you are interested in... But whatevs...

I'm out guys, I'll finish out watching the train wreck from afar. And I'll be sure to tell you I told you so later. Rest assured that will happen.

Rob
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yo whatever if rob was making a ton of money off his turbos he would sponsor. Dollar bills ya'll

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just sayin

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rob has some good points that some may not realize buying into the hype of Vargas stg2 being "equivalent" to RBs. Maybe they will be... maybe not after they have some miles. TBD. But i'm pretty sure they won't be better. Is the wait and unknown worth $500?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Really, what's the point of this post? Why do you even care what Vargas does " If you sell no matter what"? This thread is for Vargas Stage II Turbo Info, not your chance to bash Vargas. As a consumer in the market for a turbo upgrade, your attitude alone is enough to make me look else where. It's sad because from what I've seen, it's a great product and you put a great deal of work into it. You say you don't care but judging from your post, you definitely are feeling a bit jealous or something.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rob
    Dude, i can honestly say there are some gains with the stage 1's. I dont understand why youre getting so butthurt over a product that has not been released, dynoed and is literally installed on only one car. The only actual application of these turbos has been experienced by me. So dont have such a closed minded approach to everything, thats just ignorant, i would expect someone that makes turbos like you do to deal with this in a much more intelligent manner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When looking at the actual turbos now readily available by Tony, he is charging more than what Rob would charge for them: $1499 vs $999. Rob Beck's turbos have always been, and will always be the benchmark for value in good quality mitsu hybrid turbo upgrades.

Tony is going through unnecessary hurdles and delays in all the details going on with his stages 1 and 2. As a small scale provider he should concentrate on stage 3 right away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    When looking at the actual turbos now readily available by Tony, he is charging more than what Rob would charge for them: $1499 vs $999. Rob Beck's turbos have always been, and will always be the benchmark for value in good quality mitsu hybrid turbo upgrades.

Tony is going through unnecessary hurdles and delays in all the details going on with his stages 1 and 2. As a small scale provider he should concentrate on stage 3 right away.
    exactly.

I love how people are already swinging from crotches, when they have no idea how many tried and failed before RB. and how much time actually went into the RB prior to a set getting on RBs car, let-alone, my car.

Ive got no interest anymore except for stg 3's. I do think its funny how , as predicted, price has shifted, and delays have come about, and more machining is required.. that is all..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    As much as I like the results I see from RB's that people post, this seems to be heading towards a Vishnu vs. Burger, MT vs. DCT, etc. thing again. Whether or not Rob is right, the way I see him conducting himself is not the way a person running a business should be publicly conducting themself on a forum. If you're confident that your product is better, just let the new person continue their product and do a fact based shoot out if/when they come out. No bickering, no bias, just display the facts and let the public decide what is right for them. Every company is optimistic when they are starting with prices an delivery times, not to mention the fact that Vargas is clearly going through some family issues right now. I don't know whether or not upgraded turbos are in my future or not on this platform, but I'd rather see information and respectful discussion than bickering and nonsense ruining every one of these threads.
    Current: 2012 CTS-V - stock for now
    Past: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by b00st Click here to enlarge
    As much as I like the results I see from RB's that people post, this seems to be heading towards a Vishnu vs. Burger, MT vs. DCT, etc. thing again. Whether or not Rob is right, the way I see him conducting himself is not the way a person running a business should be publicly conducting themself on a forum. If you're confident that your product is better, just let the new person continue their product and do a fact based shoot out if/when they come out. No bickering, no bias, just display the facts and let the public decide what is right for them. Every company is optimistic when they are starting with prices an delivery times, not to mention the fact that Vargas is clearly going through some family issues right now. I don't know whether or not upgraded turbos are in my future or not on this platform, but I'd rather see information and respectful discussion than bickering and nonsense ruining every one of these threads.
    I agree, let the products speak for themselves, to me when a vendor starts insulting other vendors and questioning that vendors product, price, and reliability before the product is even introduced, shows a discomfort and lack of confidence in thier own product. This reminds me of when shiv was attacking cobb.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast