Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive seen one convertible snap an axle, and I had a 135 destroy an axle...like inner cup completely gone.

Thats what launching the car from light to light will do for ya.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onebadmofo Click here to enlarge
    Yep, had Quaife installed.
    Right before that my passenger side half-shaft went. Race/cage. Had crunching sound on low speed when giving gas.

Edit: the splines pictured are in the DS.
    Yup looks like the case with mine

Got word back today I need a new differential and driveshaft. Appearantly the driveshaft input to the differential is what took a hike same as onebadmofo situation. The difference is I am open diff. Looks like that doesnt really matter and I need to focus on suspension

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It seems that we've found another weak link in the suspension.
    M3.
    Mazda3 that is Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

On the Road Again.....

Got my car back yesterday and just going to chill till I get a suspension and bushings upgrade.

Will also get a Differential Brace added when LSD gets installed. Thanks to BoostAddict for the reference on this

Other wise, be careful launching these cars on the drag strip on stock suspension when you have increased significantly the power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not into drag racing but the 1st upgrades i did to mine was suspension solid dif bushes, lsd etc. I even replaced the m3 arms. whats the diff brace?
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TRES Click here to enlarge
    Im not into drag racing but the 1st upgrades i did to mine was suspension solid dif bushes, lsd etc. I even replaced the m3 arms. whats the diff brace?
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok nice
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Interesting! But won't this transmit a whole lot of NVH, as this basically bypasses the insulating bushings? I have replaced the rear diff bushing on my car with a Powerflex polyutherine bushing and there is definitely an increase in audible diff gearing whine.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have solid bushings, so do I really need this if I want to do hard launches at a drag strip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting, is this a custom one-off piece?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The brace pictured above is from a 350z. On that platform we had great success reducing wheel hop, and preventing diff carrier bushing damage. I haven't had a chance to look under the 335 yet to see if there is an easy spot to mount this. This would mount to the subframe in turn holding the differential down. It would not increase vibrations as the subframe bushings would still be absorbing the load. You shouldn't get any noises either. I plan to have @RabbitPusher weld something up soon. If all goes well we plan to produce these.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    when you say hold it down do you mean keep it from moving from side to side correct me if im wrong. The diff on the e9x has 3 bushings if those are replaced with solid ones the diff shouldnt move what also happens is that the transmission bushings are very soft and can have movement which causes missed shifts etc.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    The brace pictured above is from a 350z. On that platform we had great success reducing wheel hop, and preventing diff carrier bushing damage. I haven't had a chance to look under the 335 yet to see if there is an easy spot to mount this. This would mount to the subframe in turn holding the differential down. It would not increase vibrations as the subframe bushings would still be absorbing the load. You shouldn't get any noises either. I plan to have @RabbitPusher weld something up soon. If all goes well we plan to produce these.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Interesting! But won't this transmit a whole lot of NVH, as this basically bypasses the insulating bushings? I have replaced the rear diff bushing on my car with a Powerflex polyutherine bushing and there is definitely an increase in audible diff gearing whine.
    see BoostAddict's response above

I have solid bushings, so do I really need this if I want to do hard launches at a drag strip
    For the price why not have the added support

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    Interesting, is this a custom one-off piece?
    Looks like it for that 350Z, however it doesnt mean we wont be able to have double braces for our cars, it all depends on how it will be configured

when you say hold it down do you mean keep it from moving from side to side correct me if im wrong. The diff on the e9x has 3 bushings if those are replaced with solid ones the diff shouldnt move what also happens is that the transmission bushings are very soft and can have movement which causes missed shifts etc.
    Bushings wear after a period, also the brace will reduce shock travel by absorbing it. Thats the wasy I look it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    solid bushings dont wear. Make sure you post a reveiw on the brace though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    solid bushings dont wear. Make sure you post a reveiw on the brace though
    If you go to that extreme of bushing then there goes your ride quality ? Will post pics after I get with BoostAddict on install

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have the solid ones and the ride quality is like having camber plates the transmission solid bushings makes the car kinda unbearable thats why i switched my trans bushes back to stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More so, the goal is to stop the up and down motion which will help reduce wheel hop. Stock transmission bushings won't hinder the effectiveness of the brace. This is a way to try and hold the rear end down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok i got it now to prevent up and down movement. I don't get wheel hop Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    this is my setup zero wheel hop the bushings are also solid delrin

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    More so, the goal is to stop the up and down motion which will help reduce wheel hop. Stock transmission bushings won't hinder the effectiveness of the brace. This is a way to try and hold the rear end down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i saw this vid on this forum #!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i saw this vid on this forum ....
    Hahaha, whoever it was just recently made that vid cause my pic is in that video.

I WANT MY FREE PRODUCTS !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry DupClick here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How is this stuff effecting ride quality? Had heavy duty suspension parts in some street strip cars (more strip oriented) way back when & they were less then fun on bad pavement.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been rolling with solid bushings and the defiv arm for 8 months now, no problems with NVH or harshness. I'm out in PA where the roads are pretty $#@!ty, gravel, potholes, smooth tarmac? Forget about it.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont have the arm but i do have solid bushings since last year and ride quality is the same

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    How is this stuff effecting ride quality? Had heavy duty suspension parts in some street strip cars (more strip oriented) way back when & they were less then fun on bad pavement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12