Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    The way the OP wrote this article makes it sound like the AA kit is a POS or something. Not very nice, coming from another vendor. Is there some bad blood between these companies?

Sorry it comes across pretty direct and harsh but this is an open forum and i tried to post it in a manner that would be open.

I do not always post in the most politically correct manner but i am trying to get my points across at the same time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well I'm going to whoop on all of them. And perceived efficiency won't have anything to do with the result.
    Can't wait to see beast unleashed!! I'm gonna go spectate just to see all the haters of freedom destroyed......
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jean@VelosDesignwerks Click here to enlarge
    Sorry it comes across pretty direct and harsh but this is an open forum and i tried to post it in a manner that would be open.

I do not always post in the most politically correct manner but i am trying to get my points across at the same time.
    And that is perfectly fine, but it almost sounds like there is some bad blood between you and AA. If this is not the case then please do not pay attention to my comment. I would expect AA to defend themselves, or somehow prove that their product is superior to what ESS offers, or at least some explanaition, because any newbie looking for a M3 supercharger kit could come here and just go by what you have said about the kits. Obviously if I was that newbie I would not look at the AA kit based on your comments, and your experience.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

lol :popcorn:
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    The way the OP wrote this article makes it sound like the AA kit is a POS or something. Not very nice, coming from another vendor. Is there some bad blood between these companies?
    +1, that's how I read this & that's why I asked why wasn't a comparison done with all 4 of the mainstream kits. Ever since LM posted that vid of his 535+Meth vs Akash's Stg 2 AA, the ESS support has been out in full force
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, wut?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jean@VelosDesignwerks Click here to enlarge
    As far as horsepower goes, without a doubt a comparable ESS system will make more horsepower. It has been proven countless times with dyno charts from both companies as well as from customers and other types of individual testing. I will post two charts below as it will refer to them a few times through out my post.
    hp on a dyno and power on the road are 2 different things, as seen in real life boss..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I still dont understand why people make such a big deal about Steve losing to a higher hp car. When he jumps to a 625 it will be a more evenly matched race.

Every kit has their own pros and cons, as I said before are we really fighting over that .3 second difference between comparable kits?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, wut?

hp on a dyno and power on the road are 2 different things, as seen in real life boss..
    Hey,

What i meant was that a vt-625 system and a level 2 system should be similarly matched in regards to the advertised horsepower; however, one clearly makes more than the other.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    I still dont understand why people make such a big deal about Steve losing to a higher hp car. When he jumps to a 625 it will be a more evenly matched race.

Every kit has their own pros and cons, as I said before are we really fighting over that .3 second difference between comparable kits?
    exactly!

if dynos were the end-all, be-all, then all these higher dyno'ing cars should rape me.. yet, we have 520+hp 535 kits, 520hp 600 kits, 550+hp 625 kits, all running 121-122mph, same as my 490-500 car.. very interesting.

it would seem that when i make PG cry (again)the fanboi's come out of the woodwork

This is hilarious honestly. I have no loyalty to any company ive paid money to, in fact, its supposed to be exactly the opposite, so what the $#@! does everyone else care?

Im cool with the vendors going at it though, just not fanboys

What im waiting for is a few things

first is Evolve to release their kit, thats gonna be awesome.

then, in true philly form, a simple post from mike@VAC to pop in, post the slip (10.69@129) and say "SUCK IT!"

(paraphrasing, mike or VAC wouldnt say that) Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    exactly!

if dynos were the end-all, be-all, then all these higher dyno'ing cars should rape me.. yet, we have 520+hp 535 kits, 520hp 600 kits, 550+hp 625 kits, all running 121-122mph, same as my 490-500 car.. very interesting.

it would seem that when i make PG cry (again)the fanboi's come out of the woodwork

This is hilarious honestly. I have no loyalty to any company ive paid money to, in fact, its supposed to be exactly the opposite, so what the $#@! does everyone else care?

Im cool with the vendors going at it though, just not fanboys

What im waiting for is a few things

first is Evolve to release their kit, thats gonna be awesome.

then, in true philly form, a simple post from mike@VAC to pop in, post the slip (10.69@129) and say "SUCK IT!"

(paraphrasing, mike or VAC wouldnt say that) Click here to enlarge
    I know understand your sentiment, please disregard last post.

However, i hope to make it clear that this thread was not based on your race and i had no intention of drawing you out or using you as a matyr to get a point across.

The two (your race and this thread) are unrelated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey,

What i meant was that a vt-625 system and a level 2 system should be similarly matched in regards to the advertised horsepower; however, one clearly makes more than the other.
    even if i entertain that assumption that that were true, if its not the same dyno, same day, same everything, then its not really relevent.

i mean, the 625 kit makes more peak power from where, 8k to 8400 rpms over the AA kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont know anything about blowers...ill just stick with turbos lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry it comes across pretty direct and harsh but this is an open forum
    Absolutely it is an open forum.

I think some members might feel you are taking shots at AA.

Everyone is welcome to debate the technical aspects of the kits.

Personally, if I had access to all of them on the West Coast I would love to do a comparison between them all.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    exactly!

These claims, they are

Click here to enlarge I kid because it's true, there's about 0 consistency (or "fair" advertising) when vendors post numbers from completely different dynos in completely different conditions
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    I still dont understand why people make such a big deal about Steve losing to a higher hp car.
    Nobody here is, we all understand why he lost. A few fanboys in one spot don't want their image of superiority tainted by real world results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And the funny thing is, each kit can vary from car to car as well. Ive driven a 650 kit 6spd with 18" TE37s, and for some reason it felt slower than a 600 equipped car of the same nature...for some reason that car was just an outright beast...had a way better seat of the pants feeling, and in general just felt faster in the midrange over the 650 car. 2 other people drove it and said the same thing...I guess some cars still turn out a little better or respond better to FI than others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    However, i hope to make it clear that this thread was not based on your race and i had no intention of drawing you out or using you as a matyr to get a point across.
    Definitely not, him and I among others are referring to certain fanboys in another spot. There is a BMW spot on the internet where anything other supercharger kit other than ESS is the devil and will give you herpes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    lol :popcorn:
    Would you please race an ESS VT2 kit? Please? Pretty please?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's not a statement made as a fact, it's been tested.
    Jean would you mind posting these test results so we can have some factual data to work off here? I would love to see the intercooler comparison for one and boost drop figures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is true, I would love to see a VT2 and Level 2 comparison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Would you please race an ESS VT2 kit? Please? Pretty please?
    Our Atco race track day we will have 1/4 mile and rolling racing deff because i know m33 will be done for it in our safe mexico.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    Our Atco race track day we will have 1/4 mile and rolling racing deff because i know m33 will be done for it in our safe mexico.
    1/4 mile slips are perfect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Its not that we are running away but when it comes to Velos there is a lot you guys do not know about Yet. Everything will come out shortly so sit tight Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Its not that we are running away but when it comes to Velos there is a lot you guys do not know about Yet. Everything will come out shortly so sit tight Click here to enlarge
    Let's not get a vendor battle going here guys...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not intended to be a battle sticky and I wont be the one talking. Anything that comes out will be from someone on their side that came forward with information and an apology.

It is very childish and low class that this even has to come to light. I can only hope it comes out as a lesson learned and it will never happen again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast