Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Does your DCT auto roll forward after releasing brake ?

I have driven an M3 before but do not recall it NOT gradually rolling forward after releasing the brake peddle

After discussions on other posts and recent experience driving the new 2013 M6 I noticed after a complete stop the car does NOT gradually move forward unless your press on the gas peddle.

So far, three DCT 335iS owners have confirmed that their cars do gradually move forward after releasing the brake.

What gives on this ? Is this another DCT programming or another feature not in the 335iS ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

335is DCT is somewhat more programmed like an automatic. I guess they think the owners are not so much in tune with pedal skill and driving compared to M3 or M5/6 owners.

I did experience one M3 doing a roll forward with it in D mode..maybe that is the program for that mode?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Mine rolls forward, or backward. Depends on if u touched the gas after releasing the brake. Even the slightest tap and it will disengage or engage..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It will roll forward when using launch control. Other than that, I put it in neutral. I remember it staying in place unless I engaged the clutch.