Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    As my daily commuter, I try and limit my city miles. But I do enjoy the car, as I should.

I am involved in a Nor-Cal Drive group, I have only done two, but the drives are awesome. Last one was an 4 hr aggressive drive through the hills/mountains. El Eldorado hills, Ca. to South Lake Tahoe, Nv. Loved it. We had two short breaks. Oil temp maintained average of 245 - 250 with stock oil cooler. Could not complain, car performed well. At this time I was COBB S1 Sport. Another one coming up this Sunday, Hwy 1. South bay to Santa Cruz, Ca.
    nice! that sounds like a whole lot of fun! not many fun open roads in PA here =\ , I guess I won't hesitate to take the car anywhere far, I'll just deal with what happens lol. I don't expect to rack up much mileage on my car at all. Daily commute everyday is 10 miles, 25 at most from going to places.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by straightcashhomie Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys, I have owned my 08 335i for exactly a month and a half now. All is well so far, no problems or hiccups, and of course I'm JB4 tuned already! lmao. I was wondering, am I the only one who is afraid to take the Bimmer for a longer drive?... Say 2 hours - 3 hours to the shore when the summer comes, 6 hour round trips. I don't know but I'm really hesitant to take the car on a further drive. Yes She only has 32k miles on her, I guess I've been reading too many bad stories. Thoughts? How do you guys feel about taking your car on a further trip? Is your car your DD like mine is?

lol, the 335 is probably THE best car for longer road trips, comfortable, great MPG, all the gadgets (if your is equipped), sporty, and switch of a map rubber layer for unsuspecting highway rolls..

i put 45k (95k total) miles on my car. only twice did i ever have any issues not performance modding related, a steering angle sensor, and an injector or 2. water pump went out about 95k miles as well, but it was already demodded for trade in.
    Last edited by LostMarine; 10-03-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, the 335 is probably THE best car for longer road trips, comfortable, great MPG, all the gadgets (if your is equipped), sporty, and switch of a map rubber layer for unsuspecting highway rolls..
    +1

I cruise at 80 mph all the way down to Atlantic City which I do often and get around 27-28 mpg. Not bad for 500whp at the flick of a switch. I also daily drive it 60 miles a day to and from work, but I get around 19-20 MPG on that commute because those roads up there are SO much fun.... until you hit stop and go traffic Click here to enlarge

CIC iDrive directions SUCK for NJ but that's another story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you are scared to go on a road trip what's the point of having the car? Stay within a certain radius of your house?

Live a little...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After a full trackday on the Spa Francorchamps circuit I drove the car home 400km, no problem at all
    The N54 can handle pretty much, don't be affraid using it for what it's build for.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

i put 45k (95k total) miles on my car. only twice did i ever have any issues not performance modding related, a steering angle sensor, and an injector or 2. water pump went out about 95k miles as well, but it was already demodded for trade in.
    sweet haha okay, and I know you were modded to the max! nice to know that the 335 is perhaps the best car for a road trip. Im just about fully loaded except for PDC and an alarm system! Click here to enlarge thanks for your input.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    +1

I cruise at 80 mph all the way down to Atlantic City which I do often and get around 27-28 mpg. Not bad for 500whp at the flick of a switch. I also daily drive it 60 miles a day to and from work, but I get around 19-20 MPG on that commute because those roads up there are SO much fun.... until you hit stop and go traffic Click here to enlarge

CIC iDrive directions SUCK for NJ but that's another story.
    lol, that sounds like a lot of driving. Im glad to see so many people who aren't afraid to take their Bimmers for a trip.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If you are scared to go on a road trip what's the point of having the car? Stay within a certain radius of your house?

Live a little...
    yea maybe you're right, I guess I should have asked a different question in the thread. How many people have HAD a problem, or been left on the side of the road in their 335 on a long trip, I'm driving the car every day, just afraid I might be on the side of the road, a water pump or DME failures could crap out at any time w/o warning...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    After a full trackday on the Spa Francorchamps circuit I drove the car home 400km, no problem at all
    The N54 can handle pretty much, don't be affraid using it for what it's build for.
    Thanks man, I would love to hit the track one day, as of now she's just a street queen...
    Thanks everyone for replying! Boosts my confidence a whole lot more in our cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Caravans to Mpact & Bimmerfest from NJ to MD (~2 hrs in one direction) -- The car never skipped a beat & no one was "babying it" on those trips

If you regularly maintain & take car of the car, it'll take care of you
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by straightcashhomie Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys, I have owned my 08 335i for exactly a month and a half now. All is well so far, no problems or hiccups, and of course I'm JB4 tuned already! lmao. I was wondering, am I the only one who is afraid to take the Bimmer for a longer drive?... Say 2 hours - 3 hours to the shore when the summer comes, 6 hour round trips. I don't know but I'm really hesitant to take the car on a further drive. Yes She only has 32k miles on her, I guess I've been reading too many bad stories. Thoughts? How do you guys feel about taking your car on a further trip? Is your car your DD like mine is?
    Kinda blows my mind that you would buy a car you regard as so unrelieable!!! Makes no sense. Anyhow, with the proper maintenance, and if your car was subject to the injector, HPFP recalls, and actually got those items replaced then you should be golden. These cars are monsters in the highway for reliability IMO. Never had the car break on me when going on long trips in hot ass weather to Vegas. Still boggles my mind on why you would spend money on something you are scared of driving due to reliability issues....lolClick here to enlarge
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    to me, the best thing you can do is properly maintain your car, let it warm up before driving it, fully warm before beating it. ease off it before you get to where your going to shut it off, and change fluids/ filters as often as you should, not "reccomended" intervals

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Kinda blows my mind that you would buy a car you regard as so unrelieable!!! Makes no sense. Anyhow, with the proper maintenance, and if your car was subject to the injector, HPFP recalls, and actually got those items replaced then you should be golden. These cars are monsters in the highway for reliability IMO. Never had the car break on me when going on long trips in hot ass weather to Vegas. Still boggles my mind on why you would spend money on something you are scared of driving due to reliability issues....lolClick here to enlarge
    alright, you're taking zero reliability out of context lol. Of course I expect some reliability, I guess the question was how many people have had issues with the car on a long trip, or have been stranded. The reason I ask is because my friend was on the side of the road TWICE, on the highway, first time, DME crapped out, car was stuttering limping, had to call the flatbed. Second time, Waterpump was leaking, car undriveable, had to call flatbed. There was a reason why I made this thread, I guess seeing my friend go through a few headaches, I was wondering how many people have experienced issues, in longer trips, or were afraid to take longer trips. Don't take the zero reliability completely out of context, lol as I read elsewhere, people do not buy Bimmers for reliability, but for the enthusiast (performance, looks, brand) aspect more than relibility. Thank you for your response Click here to enlarge

to me, the best thing you can do is properly maintain your car, let it warm up before driving it, fully warm before beating it. ease off it before you get to where your going to shut it off, and change fluids/ filters as often as you should, not "reccomended" intervals
    I definitely do let her warm up, by warm up I mean rpms dropping to 600. I will definitely follow the enthusiast intervals, not "recommended" thanks guys!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unless your car has a problem.. you shouldn't hesitate to drive it long distances..

I've done a 3400 mile round trip (nonstop driving each way) from CT to Texas and back.

I regularly take 800 mile round trips and haven't had any issues or concerns.

Its my everything car and I've racked over 30k miles on it in about a year. Any issuse I've had have been minor.

*all were done FBO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Daily Three Click here to enlarge
    Unless your car has a problem.. you shouldn't hesitate to drive it long distances..

I've done a 3400 mile round trip (nonstop driving each way) from CT to Texas and back.

I regularly take 800 mile round trips and haven't had any issues or concerns.

Its my everything car and I've racked over 30k miles on it in about a year. Any issuse I've had have been minor.

*all were done FBO

WOW thats a lot of driving! glad she's been treating you well!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have no concerns taking my 135 anywhere. I drove it home from Richmond, VA to Detroit, MI when I bought it. Drive about 40 miles round trip to work every day, and visit the girlfriend's family about 80 miles round trip somewhat often. Never had a single issue that I didn't cause(boost leak, improperly set JB4, etc.), with the exception of needing my radio replaced due to some dead pixels. I am FBO + meth + E85, and although I don't abuse my car, I did buy it to have a fun daily driver. It gets used appropriately in my mind, and it's the perfect DD in my mind. Comfy, quick, flies under most people's radar, decent gas mileage for what it is, and reliable so far. I should also mention, I am at almost 50k miles with an all original fuel system from '09, as well as the original clutch. I just do my fluids and plugs, and enjoy the car.
    Current: 2012 CTS-V - stock for now
    Past: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by b00st Click here to enlarge
    I have no concerns taking my 135 anywhere. I drove it home from Richmond, VA to Detroit, MI when I bought it. Drive about 40 miles round trip to work every day, and visit the girlfriend's family about 80 miles round trip somewhat often. Never had a single issue that I didn't cause(boost leak, improperly set JB4, etc.), with the exception of needing my radio replaced due to some dead pixels. I am FBO + meth + E85, and although I don't abuse my car, I did buy it to have a fun daily driver. It gets used appropriately in my mind, and it's the perfect DD in my mind. Comfy, quick, flies under most people's radar, decent gas mileage for what it is, and reliable so far. I should also mention, I am at almost 50k miles with an all original fuel system from '09, as well as the original clutch. I just do my fluids and plugs, and enjoy the car.
    sounds good man! ill treat her as a normal car, and just maintain her to the max and enjoy. DCI and new plugs going in soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The reason I ask is because my friend was on the side of the road TWICE, on the highway, first time, DME crapped out, car was stuttering limping, had to call the flatbed. Second time, Waterpump was leaking, car undriveable, had to call flatbed. There was a reason why I made this thread, I guess seeing my friend go through a few headaches, I was wondering how many people have experienced issues, in longer trips, or were afraid to take longer trips.
    When something goes well, you tell 1 person. When something goes wrong, you tell 10.

I definitely do let her warm up, by warm up I mean rpms dropping to 600. I will definitely follow the enthusiast intervals, not "recommended" thanks guys!
    That's not what he means, he's talking about wait to rip on your car until the oil temps get in the 200 F area
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    When something goes well, you tell 1 person. When something goes wrong, you tell 10.

That's not what he means, he's talking about wait to rip on your car until the oil temps get in the 200 F area
    oh yea man, i definitely do that,

thanks for all of the replies and tips everyone, love this forum, bimmerboost > e90post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I understand, honestly, I barely even get on her. I baby the crap out of my car lol. The oil temp takes forever to warm up. I usually let the car idle until the RPMs drop to about 600 before I go, how about you?
    I usually let mine idle for a minute before I start out and keep it under 4000rpms until I see at least 180*...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im probably one of the oldest 335 owners on here..I got my car in 1/07. Started modding it and working on them for other people back in the day when no one else really knew how to work on them.

Ive taken my car all over the east coast, and I only had one fuel pump issue and the P/S pulley exploding (common problem on the older cars).

Never had one hiccup, and I loved that thing. I know who owns my car now, but he still wont sell it back to me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    im probably one of the oldest 335 owners on here..I got my car in 1/07. Started modding it and working on them for other people back in the day when no one else really knew how to work on them.

Ive taken my car all over the east coast, and I only had one fuel pump issue and the P/S pulley exploding (common problem on the older cars).

Never had one hiccup, and I loved that thing. I know who owns my car now, but he still wont sell it back to me Click here to enlarge
    wow what are u driving now? how many miles did u put on her

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

lol ironic... ur sn is itsbrokeagain too lol @Itsbrokeagain

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow what are u driving now? how many miles did u put on her
    33k miles on it over 2 years before I traded it back in. I have a friend who I believe has the oldest 335 to date in the tri-state area, he has a 6/06 build, fully loaded E90 that he did euro delivery with. It has 73k on it now, and im tryin to get him to sell it to me as a shop car for my new spot Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol ironic... ur sn is itsbrokeagain too lol @Itsbrokeagain

my screenname refers back to my Porsche days. I had a 944 and a 944 Turbo that spent more time down in the shop than me driving them. So whenever my friends asked where my car was, the usual response was 'its broke again'.

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel outfitted with some nasty mods, and a 1985 535i.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    33k miles on it over 2 years before I traded it back in. I have a friend who I believe has the oldest 335 to date in the tri-state area, he has a 6/06 build, fully loaded E90 that he did euro delivery with. It has 73k on it now, and im tryin to get him to sell it to me as a shop car for my new spot Click here to enlarge
    33 k ? I bought mines with 31 Click here to enlarge lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my screenname refers back to my Porsche days. I had a 944 and a 944 Turbo that spent more time down in the shop than me driving them. So whenever my friends asked where my car was, the usual response was 'its broke again'.

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel outfitted with some nasty mods, and a 1985 535i.
    ahh ok, thought it was about the 335 lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ahh ok, thought it was about the 335 lol

nah car was dead reliable. Never really had any issues except bending wheels left and right LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast