Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Ginatni M5 catches fire

This post by aaaaaaa is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems we have another pathetic troll, I'll contact Gintani to see what's up. Fanboys doing idiotic youtube mudslinging need to get lives, it's ok for people to choose a different kit.

I swear the $#@! they have to put up with...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I heard it had nothing to do with the motor, not sure though. I wasn't there. Heard about this though, crazy they got it on video.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is a natural part of testing. $#@! goes wrong, they learn from it & address the issue. Be interesting to see what actually went wrong & if the s/c actually had anything to do with it.

Gintani just gets unnecessary amounts of $#@! because they test where everyone should -- In plain, public sight on a track.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Funny how as soon as PG gets owned, trolls come out of the woodwork..

on topic, same thing i just said in the n54 pro-efi thread..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This is a natural part of testing. $#@! goes wrong, they learn from it & address the issue. Be interesting to see what actually went wrong & if the s/c actually had anything to do with it.

Gintani just gets unnecessary amounts of $#@! because they test where everyone should -- In plain, public sight on a track.
    Just look at the video description, calling people douches because they are testing on the track.

If people knew half the $#@! the other guys cover up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Anyway waiting on Gintani's official statement but here is what really happened, surprised he didn't post this here:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tightie
    I came here just to shed light on the situation. If you guys don't want to believe me, don't. No difference in my life.

I throw track events, many of them. I have seen this M5 run in 4 of them. Big Willow (x2) Buttonwillow (x2). Always runs fine.

Gintani was tracking the car, it was running fine. He was at least 10 minutes into the session, His power steering line burst which exploded all over the header. If your at the track and it is 90 degrees outside and your going FULL throttle for how ever long it is... What happens when a flammable liquid hits a cherry hot header?

It's simple, it's not brain surgery. This could have happen to any car. Adding a supercharger doesn't make a car catch on fire. It has nothing to do with the supercharger system, there is no meth, no flammable liquids in the supercharger/manifold, anything.

It did not "burn" to the ground like the guy in the Youtube video claims. Under the car was burnt, thats it. I will be more then happy to speak to this person because I'm curious to know who would even make these type of remarks at my own event.

At the end of the day, it's just a car. I'm happy that Alex and Danny walked out of the car harmless. Alex went home to his family, Danny went home to his child and wife.

Some people on this forum disgust me.

Enjoy the gossiping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, good $#@! for posting that Sticky. Josh makes a great point that nobody probably even looked at it that way.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Damn, good $#@! for posting that Sticky. Josh makes a great point that nobody probably even looked at it that way.
    Of course not, all these retards are in a hurry to hate because it's a kit from Gintani. I don't even get why they have such a personal vendetta.

Gintani should behave exactly like the competition and pay people off, force people to sign NDA's, and do all testing when nobody else is around. Instead they get static for going to the track, so fair.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I think the most disappointing thing is that when someone is in a very dangerous, life threatening accident, and one's response is to call that individual a "douche"...Sad...

Thankfully the driver and passenger of the car walked away from the mishap safe and sound. I think ultimately it's more important that they are able to go back home to friends and family and see another day.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Thankfully the driver and passenger of the car walked away from the mishap safe and sound.

Exactly, what else is there to care about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I think the most disappointing thing is that when someone is in a very dangerous, life threatening accident, and one's response is to call that individual a "douche"...Sad...

Thankfully the driver and passenger of the car walked away from the mishap safe and sound. I think ultimately it's more important that they are able to go back home to friends and family and see another day.

And the guy who posted the video claims he does no bashing, but calls the owner a douche...not to mention can't even spell correctly. First post here instead of lurking for months, and it's to show a competitors kit up in flames for reasons totally uninvolved from the supercharger, and then spread rumors that it might be related to the supercharger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    nd it's to show a competitors kit up in flames for reasons totally uninvolved from the supercharger, and then spread rumors that it might be related to the supercharger.
    Yep...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so what ended up happening here? I also doubt it had anything to do with the supercharger unless a hose came off or something even then its just bad luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Disgusting how some people behave....low life $#@! right there.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    so what ended up happening here? I also doubt it had anything to do with the supercharger unless a hose came off or something even then its just bad luck.
    P/S hose burst all over the header.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Main thing is that the Gintani boys are ok and not harmed. People are $#@!s and will forget about the value of human life for their own agenda's, what a shame.

Bets of luck to Gintani and for them testing their products before releasing them to the customer.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....