Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Dealer replaced Turbo's

Dealer replaced my turbos. My VIN fell under the warranty for Wastegate rattle so they replaced the turbo's I went in fully modded HFS meth kit and all and they still replaced them. But after install some problems for one they left a bolt out of one of the catless dps so only one holding it in. Forgot the bracket that holds the exhaust in place that connects to the transmission area.

Down pipes are touching I guess oil pan area should be a gap . The shiny thing in picture is like a little button or nub that dp is touching.

Third picture You can see the marks where the bracket should go across the exhaust to keep it from rattling.

They called today said they fixed these problems in the pictures and adjusted DP's cause they were not re-installed correctly, but I still have a slight siren noise under low rpm and load on car. Service is at a loss on why there is a siren noise and chalks it up to AR catless downpipes as changing the acoustics of the turbo's or the multitude of my other mods as the reason for siren noise.

Thoughts anyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by newb335guy; 10-02-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since you have DP's on it I doubt the dealer is going to be much help.

Hopefully someone knows exactly what's causing it but aftermarket downpipes don't just create a noise that shouldn't be there unless there is an improper install.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    there should be no siren like howling noise. a little hissing is fine, that is expected with catless downpipes...but leaving the bolts out is kinda wrong.

10 bucks says that bracket, or at least the lower piece, snapped off. What happens is there is a lower piece that has a bolt that goes up and screws into the top piece that is connected to the trans. That bolt, being that it faces up, gets covered in roadgrime and grit on the top where it screws in...so when you try to take it out, one turn and SNAP the bolt breaks, leaving the threaded part in the bracket that attaches to the trans.

So the tech got lazy, and just took the whole damn thing off, instead of replacing it. I can see the two holes underneath the trans where its supposed to bolt to lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    there should be no siren like howling noise. a little hissing is fine, that is expected with catless downpipes...but leaving the bolts out is kinda wrong.

10 bucks says that bracket, or at least the lower piece, snapped off. What happens is there is a lower piece that has a bolt that goes up and screws into the top piece that is connected to the trans. That bolt, being that it faces up, gets covered in roadgrime and grit on the top where it screws in...so when you try to take it out, one turn and SNAP the bolt breaks, leaving the threaded part in the bracket that attaches to the trans.

So the tech got lazy, and just took the whole damn thing off, instead of replacing it. I can see the two holes underneath the trans where its supposed to bolt to lol
    This is exactly what happened to me when i was installing my downpipes. New bolt is cheap though.

Dealer also replaced my turbos under the extended wastegate rattling warrenty, car is much more responsive now.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    This is exactly what happened to me when i was installing my downpipes. New bolt is cheap though.

Dealer also replaced my turbos under the extended wastegate rattling warrenty, car is much more responsive now.

I take it you have no slight siren sound?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    I take it you have no slight siren sound?
    I cant say its the siren sound of a turbo going out, but i have always had a slight siren type of sound or maybe a howl after putting the catless downpipes on(both old and new turbos). Hard for me to say for sure without riding in the car in question.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did either the OP or lulz have wategate rattle or did you just take your car in and ask for new turbos?