Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i am telling you run it as soon as you start making boost and you'll see the iat's drop.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    i am telling you run it as soon as you start making boost and you'll see the iat's drop.
    jUST DID A LOG. full flow at 3.5 psi.

you can see that it did make a difference in delaying the heat, but just doesnt seem to be enough. I still dont like this timing though. Its less octane than before, basically straight 93 now but its definitly lower timing

Click here to enlarge

ambient temps are about 75* right now, so 10* higher than prior logs

AFR is richer as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Got nothing to do with tuning.
    How does the timing adjustment have nothing to do with it?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How does the timing adjustment have nothing to do with it?
    The algorithm for advance on the MSS60 is very advanced & many factors come into play. Advance will go up if the IAT's drop on a bone stock car. It will also go up with octane on a bone stock car.

I was talking about the IAT reading, which reads the temperature of the air entering the engine. I am saying that has nothing to do with tuning. If you put your nozzles a little upstream & you spray enough the IAT had to stabilise. Got nothing to do with tuning. But with cooling and reading the temp from the sensor.

LM I think you need to ramp it up to spray a lot more at high revs. This is a 500whp engine, needs a lot of meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The algorithm for advance on the MSS60 is very advanced & many factors come into play. Advance will go up if the IAT's drop on a bone stock car. It will also go up with octane on a bone stock car.
    Absolutely but this is a supercharged car where this algorithm is heavily modified from stock isn't it? It's behavior is altered correct?

I was talking about the IAT reading, which reads the temperature of the air entering the engine. I am saying that has nothing to do with tuning. If you put your nozzles a little upstream & you spray enough the IAT had to stabilise. Got nothing to do with tuning. But with cooling and reading the temp from the sensor.
    Agreed but maybe this has something to do with his nozzle placement or flow numbers?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

We know that placement is fine since I did delay the rise. The next thing I need to test is more water, I'm still at 80% meth. Once I see how 50/50 changes it, we can go from there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You will find that stock timing to zig zag like that on 1 cylinder but be fine on that other 7 on a new stock car on 91-93 octane depending on IATs/Coolant temp. Many many compensation tables.

Hard to get a smooth timing curve but if you follow Drew's meth logs, his timing stabilized and was a bit smoother with the meth enabled. I think there is a bit more meth troubleshooting,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I think its more of a scaling graph issue with theirs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Very nice.

I would advise you start logging exhaust gas temperature on both banks. Not at work right now but it's something like 'temperature of exhaust gas pre cat sensor'. If it goes over 1000 degC back off and pump the gas to allow for cooling of the cylinders with fuel.

You can also log the ignition retard/knock intervention per cylinder. I am not sure if BT can do this as I do not regularly use this anymore. From memory, I am 99% sure it does.

Also log what the throttle actuator per bank is doing in %. This will give you some other clues about what's going on.

Anything to do with temperature in the cylinder especially combustion quality - log it.

Your will need to show more graphs by doing this of course.

The compensation for ignition timing with respect to the IAT sensor is very small. The compensation for other temperatures is far higher.
    If you want to test this it's really simple. Buy another sensor, put it somewhere really hot like above the bank 1 rocker cover where the heat from the headers is huge and go for a run.

You are also not running car hard enough for long enough. You need to go through 2 gears (beginning of 3rd to end of 4th) to get better results. I would say to the end of 5th too but you'll be going seriously fast.

If anyone changes the algorithm for spark advance compensation on a supercharged car then they are out of their mind. It's actually not an algorithm that is changed anyway, it's just the compensation maps which are set with a less negative offset.
    Hey, you can change it to advance timing as various temperatures increase! That's if the tuner is a complete clown and wants to force timing.

I cannot see any tuner stupid enough to mess with the compensation maps and knock factors on a supercharged engine especially when it has no cooling!

Well done for sharing this information and let's progress this to the next level.

Where exactly is the IAT sensor on your kit? Our one sits just before the plenum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ill see what else the BT has in it. im not sure exactly where the sensor is, ill take a look in a bit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

As always, thanks for the great info Evolve!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I forgot i did these. Ill be happy once i get to start logging on a boosted car again Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I forgot i did these. Ill be happy once i get to start logging on a boosted car again Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interested in getting more info, datalogs, etc. I want to do this on my VF-540 kit to keep IATs down in the desert heat and the car consistent throughout the year.

What kit are you going with now LM?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SYZ Click here to enlarge
    Interested in getting more info, datalogs, etc. I want to do this on my VF-540 kit to keep IATs down in the desert heat and the car consistent throughout the year.

What kit are you going with now LM?
    im sad i didnt get to log more with that kit, i could definitely feel the difference with cool air/early runs and warm air/ heatsoaked
    my dyno's show that as well, i had a 15hp drop from run 1 to run 2 hotlapped

the kit i have now is engineered with reliability and consistency in mind Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

aha, I just now noticed your avatar. Evolve kit I see. Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12