Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I drive an MT, so maybe I can't relate well, but when driving spiritedly I rarely fall below 4k rpms. Pertaining to acceleration, its advantageous to shift the RB closer to 6.5k or even higher, so the rpm window will be the same. In this case the single is making more HP for longer than 500rpms. If you short shifted as LM kinda alluded to (at least that's how I took it), you'd loose even more ground. Anyway, I'd love to drive one and see if the speculation is accurate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    More power is more power even if only for a few hundred RPM but the real indicator is quantifiable on road performance. Like trap speeds or if those are not possible 60-130 times. What is this extra 100hp actually worth in terms of performance? Then based on that one can decide if its worth giving up the low end performance and dollars.
    It's the value factor I was trying to point out. I do want to see a 60-130 on a 6AT though. I don't think it will do nearly as well as the 6MT considering it's down about 100 whp and requires two shifts. Still SHOULD be faster than the best RBs can offer, but back to my original point, is it worth $8000?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    do tell us more about when your shifting your RB AT car..

i think you meant to say, the single is busy catching up to the RB car.

noone doubting its making more power at redline, but as shiv stated, its running 5-6 psi more boost. FOr whatever reason, noone tried running more boost through RB's yet. Once some people fill the void, it should be much more interesting.

STill waiting on something other than Dyno #'s though..
    You don't want to. boom goes the center section Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Pertaining to acceleration, its advantageous to shift the RB closer to 6.5k or even higher, so the rpm window will be the same.
    What? You aren't always at 6.5k.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I drive an MT, so maybe I can't relate well, but when driving spiritedly I rarely fall below 4k rpms. Pertaining to acceleration, its advantageous to shift the RB closer to 6.5k or even higher, so the rpm window will be the same. In this case the single is making more HP for longer than 500rpms. If you short shifted as LM kinda alluded to (at least that's how I took it), you'd loose even more ground. Anyway, I'd love to drive one and see if the speculation is accurate.
    I drive a manual too... I also like the motor to respond down to 3000rpm since that is the speed its turning on the freeway. I don't want to switch gears every time I want more than 125hp. Never mind being out of boost range just scooting around town.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

511 whp on 91 octance+Meth ... meh
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    511 whp on 91 octance+Meth ... meh
    Really? Graph?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

This is what he posted over at the other forums:

FYI car put down 517.10/458.04 with just 91oct + Meth (STD) so my goal of reaching 500rwhp daily driver has been reached!! Click here to enlarge
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So that offers what over the RB's on 91 + meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

harsh comments. shiv did have a good point about transient response should be noticeably improved on the street between 58 and 62. pleas tell me he is atleast running the 6266 and not hte 6262 on his car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Running meth is not a daily driver IMHO.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    It depends on availability. I basically run it all the time because I can get it cheaper than gasoline, but most people can't. E85 blends should count as a daily driver setup.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It's subjective.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's subjective.
    Nope. It's devil's stuff and tuners shouldn't rely on it to get proper and reliable power!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Nope. It's devil's stuff and tuners shouldn't rely on it to get proper and reliable power!
    Your opinion is no which... well, means it's subjective. Meth doesn't bother me on a daily and it doesn't bother others either.

Whether a tuner is relying on it or not is a separate issue. I think Shiv needs the meth way more than he admits/downplays it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The "proper" way to get power is something different to everyone. I daily drive every single day with meth in my car. I know other cars that drive their cars every day all summer with a nitrous bottle in the car. All modding involves risk, so it just depends on what you are willing to risk doing to a daily. Meth with proper fail safes is ok on a daily to me though. It's only spraying when you're flooring it anyways.
    Current: 2012 CTS-V - stock for now
    Past: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your opinion is no which... well, means it's subjective. Meth doesn't bother me on a daily and it doesn't bother others either.

Whether a tuner is relying on it or not is a separate issue. I think Shiv needs the meth way more than he admits/downplays it.
    He has more or less admitted that the octane effect is needed with his setup to produce high hp numbers.

Now wether that is only the case for his ST, or if there are other, better ways to get more power on this platform is beyond my limited knowledge as a customer.

My feeling is that tuners don't walk the full path to get the most out of the N54 but chose the simple way: Meth is cheap, readily available, so why dig any further...
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Meth is needed for a meth tube map. Meth is not needed for a pump gas tune map. Simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

not 4 nozzles and 20 gallons per hour LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

So is it true that Shiv is dumping all the boost between shifts on the AT to save the trans?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    It's the value factor I was trying to point out. I do want to see a 60-130 on a 6AT though. I don't think it will do nearly as well as the 6MT considering it's down about 100 whp and requires two shifts. Still SHOULD be faster than the best RBs can offer, but back to my original point, is it worth $8000?
    With slightly taller than stock tires you can get a 60-130 in one shift if you wind out to redline. It's not ideal for stock turbo cars, but for large turbo cars should be quite an advantage.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With slightly taller than stock tires you can get a 60-130 in one shift if you wind out to redline. It's not ideal for stock turbo cars, but for large turbo cars should be quite an advantage.
    The stock tire height shifts around 6800 or so, which equates to around 127 mph assuming 255/35/18

That shift is the killer for us

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

He has more or less admitted that the octane effect is needed with his setup to produce high hp numbers.
    He has been talking more about cooling than the octane which is probably why we haven't seen MS109 or C16 only numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    not 4 nozzles and 20 gallons per hour LOL
    dude, alot of people run 1200 cc/min....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If one chooses to run meth daily, then I guess that would be considered daily driver trim, so I have no problem with that.

The fact that race gas was used on this dyno run makes it a not so daily driver setup so the numbers don't mean much to me.

The # that I was looking for is the pump+meth and the results were 517whp/458wtq - an upgrade over stock, but I don't see myself putting down $8000 for this.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast