Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, limp will go to a no boost failsafe. IIRC though, an overboost could cause the same, but would restart normally until overboost happens again

dont hold me to that though, its been about a year now since ive had a 335

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yes, limp will go to a no boost failsafe. IIRC though, an overboost could cause the same, but would restart normally until overboost happens again

dont hold me to that though, its been about a year now since ive had a 335
    this is correct, depending on what happens it will lower boost, I have had it CEL to 0psi / 3psi / 8psi, After restart some of them will be ignored and full boost, others will continue the failsafe boost dump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    this is correct, depending on what happens it will lower boost, I have had it CEL to 0psi / 3psi / 8psi, After restart some of them will be ignored and full boost, others will continue the failsafe boost dump.
    Ok this is helpful. What has to be done to clear that and bring the car out of limp mode? The customer says he cleared all the codes already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It depends on the cause of the limp mode. We need to know what the codes are in order to suggest fixes.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if its been cleared and limps right away again, its mechanical. could be actual hardware, or even something like the map/tmap coming loose (i had that happen one day)

some of those connections may seem tight, but wont be. u need to push/pull/squeeze all of them, rigorously

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    It depends on the cause of the limp mode. We need to know what the codes are in order to suggest fixes.
    this. its most likely a mechanical fix thats required if its limping on start up, but we need codes to help determine the fix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dammit lm beat me to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm so anxious to see the dyno result I wish I could head over to the OPs house and work on the car. Lol
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 14 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by vasillalov is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1...Gotta post the codes also

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    I don't mean to call you out on this, but SERIOUSLY???! A supposedly well reputable custom turbo tuner has no idea what the car will do in limp mode? That's common stuff mate, not specific to N54 engine, let alone BMW. Virtually ALL turbo engines for the past 10 - 20 years come with some sort of a limp mode operation...
    since when were they a turbo tuner? they aren't even providing the tuning here... additionally their background is primarily industrial..
    Last edited by Daily Three; 10-02-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vcodlalov Click here to enlarge
    I don't mean to call you out on this, but SERIOUSLY???! A supposedly well reputable custom turbo tuner has no idea what the car will do in limp mode? That's common stuff mate, not specific to N54 engine, let alone BMW. Virtually ALL turbo engines for the past 10 - 20 years come with some sort of a limp mode operation...
    Not all ECUs "limp" in the same way. Tony knows what limp mode does but wants N54 specifics to be better able to track down the cause.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tuners and suppliers are two different things. I'm having problems with my 6758 EFR, it's not tuning it's hardware as my tuner states. Not an easy fix esp since they are protoype pretty much. Relax buddy, this is literally the first guy with these turbos. Not everything will be running perfect the first time.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Been stated many times. We build turbochargers and have for 40 years, also been stated we are new to the N54 platform. We don't plan on doing many installs this kid is local and actually did the install himself and had quite a tough time in his driveway. I took the car in to our install facility and removed the turbos and did the install properly and charged him a whopping 2 hours labor. He drove the car for 2 days and has some problems. You are QUITE correct, limp home is nothing new. Why don't you tell me off the top of your head some reasons a Duramx 6.6 liter turbo diesel might be in limp home mode, and the best way to approach curing it. Pretty sure you cannot while on the other hand I could, based on experience. Bottom line is, I am not a tuner, never claimed to be one and when it comes to tuning these cars I will leave it to people who do it for a living. Looks like I have found the first person I wont be selling any products too. Have a good day man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vacuum lines running under the engine cover are so terrible on this car. I had one of them melt, and obviously could not see it until we took the engine cover off. They turn to this thin plastic under the engine cover, we replaced with strong rubber and never looked back..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Looks like I have found the first person I wont be selling any products too. Have a good day man.

No worries! I don't buy hardware without the necessary software. Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They build turbos, not tune them. Cut the guy a break.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    seriously?

No worries! I don't buy hardware without the necessary software. Click here to enlarge
    dont you have a modded 335?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    DBAG of the year award.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    installing turbo's in a drivway is gnarly.

Tony email me Cameron@livinginswflorida.com

I can try to help from my knowledge of boost leaks boost problems that I have had

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

The "necessary software" for the Vargas Turbos is NO different if you bought the RBs, ASRs, TDs OR even the Vishnu Single. You're gonna pick from either COBB, JB4 or the PROcede, run the appropriate ProTune/Map for upgradded turbos & rip. The car sounds like it was running fine until a SOFTWARE issue (whether it was the tune or the DME's safety net), not the actual turbos.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This comment is ridiculous, rebuilding turbos and diagnosing a n54 boost issue are totally different things. Do you expect the turbo manufacturers to understand every application thier turbos are used for? It doesn't work that way. Garrett, kkk, Mitsubishi turbos etc are used on many platforms and all kinds of applications from marine engines to generators, to on highway trucks, etc.

I wouldn't expect Vargas to understand the n54 dme logic.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This comment is ridiculous, rebuilding turbos and diagnosing a n54 boost issue are totally different things. Do you expect the turbo manufacturers to understand every application thier turbos are used for? It doesn't work that way. Garrett, kkk, Mitsubishi turbos etc are used on many platforms and all kinds of applications from marine engines to generators, to on highway trucks, etc.

I wouldn't expect Vargas to understand the n54 dme logic.
    I'm rather amazed myself by the absurdity of his comment... seems everyone let him know.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe vasillalov was having a bad day or something. I usually find his posts helpful and informative.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Maybe she's having her period?
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast