Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    what did it say?
    regarding upgraded parts for stage 1/2. you haz pm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow this thread seems to have died so what ended up being the dyno for the stage 1's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uberbeast21 Click here to enlarge
    wow this thread seems to have died so what ended up being the dyno for the stage 1's?
    Our original Stage 1 beta tester burned his car down on a bad WW meth install taking the stage 1's with it. Since we had decided to upgrade all our turbos even stage 1's with the new wastegate parts, they underwent the same waiting period as stage 2's which is now almost over. Our new stage 1 beta insisted we send his out without the wastgate parts as he couldnt wait any longer. He took delivery last week and should be having them installed soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    He took delivery last week and should be having them installed soon.
    Is that beta tester a forum member here on BB, or should I be watching E90Post for the user's review thread?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Our original Stage 1 beta tester burned his car down on a bad WW meth install taking the stage 1's with it. Since we had decided to upgrade all our turbos even stage 1's with the new wastegate parts, they underwent the same waiting period as stage 2's which is now almost over. Our new stage 1 beta insisted we send his out without the wastgate parts as he couldnt wait any longer. He took delivery last week and should be having them installed soon.
    So this kid got a set of stage 1's

Broke them because bad install on back inlet pipe

THEN caught his car on fire with a WW setup?

That's just bad luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge

That's just bad luck.
    Pretty much the gist of it. To give him credit. I guess those are both pretty common things to have happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Is that beta tester a forum member here on BB, or should I be watching E90Post for the user's review thread?
    Thats a good question, he contacted me via email, and I have never spoken to him on the forums. I told him he could go ahead and post pictures and first impressions after receiving them. He sent me an email saying how impressed he was with the packaging and how they looked, but nothing on the forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats a good question, he contacted me via email, and I have never spoken to him on the forums. I told him he could go ahead and post pictures and first impressions after receiving them. He sent me an email saying how impressed he was with the packaging and how they looked, but nothing on the forums.
    post a picture of the email! lol (why not?)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    anyone else gonna be the beta tester?

if there was a stage 3 option.. i could see that.. but the M is more than keeping me occupied right now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    anyone else gonna be the beta tester?
    Yeah we got a set on a car right now. He is working with Jake at PTF to get tuning. I guess he is pretty much in the dead of winter and in no hurry according to his emails, semi disappointing. Considering he was in such a rush to get them he passed on waiting on the upgraded wastegate parts.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah we got a set on a car right now. He is working with Jake at PTF to get tuning. I guess he is pretty much in the dead of winter and in no hurry according to his emails, semi disappointing. Considering he was in such a rush to get them he passed on waiting on the upgraded wastegate parts.Click here to enlarge
    usually how it goes. but weather on the east coast, US or canada is a $#@! right now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any word from the Stage 1 guy? I know this stupid weather is still keeping some cars in people's garages.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @VargasTurboTech -- Updates?? Not that there's anything wrong with the Stage 2 or 3 updates, but these would be the turbos that are most relevant to me (especially if I can avoid BMW replacement pricing & upgraded WGs)

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Any word from the Stage 1 guy? I know this stupid weather is still keeping some cars in people's garages.
    Thats a good effing question. I know he contacted D and jake for a remote tune and I have not heard back from him. I am going to email him right now. I the midst of all this other stuff I forgot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge

That's just bad luck.
    sounds like something that would happen to me lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any news? Im interested in this as a solutions for my noisy stockers.

If not, I think I remembered you Tony saying you had a lot of spare OEM parts of the turbos, am i right? You still have them? What would be necessary to "rebuild" my turbos. They are still good and pushing 17 psi, but since the noise has been for over 2 years, I might play cautiosly and rebuild them just in case.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I check your website , nevermiind about the stock solution.

Still, for 500 usd more, I think I will go for the Stage 1's, then again, any news about those? If you need a new tester, Im all ears!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hello all,

I joined this forum specifically to research replacement turbos.

My 2008 535i had been giving sporadic "Engine malfunction. Reduced Power" errors. They cleared up when I restarted the car. They usually happened when I was accelerating. I took it to the dealer in Bowling Green, KY (on my way back from FL).

First time they looked at it, the couldn't get the car to error. They cleared codes, and I drove the car for a week. It produced the error several times.

I took it back to the dealer. The service manager said that they isolated the problem to the turbos and asked for the OK to tear into it more. I said OK. Per the BMW tech, my turbos are basically shot.

The dealer agreed to install whatever turbos I wanted.

I just placed an order with Tony for the Stage 1 turbos. He said that they would be built and shipped next week. So, hopefully I can provide some additional feedback here.

I am running the car otherwise completely stock.

Suggestions and tips are welcome and appreciated.

--Alex

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigstupid Click here to enlarge
    Hello all,

My 2008 535i had been giving sporadic "Engine malfunction. Reduced Power" errors. They cleared up when I restarted the car. They usually happened when I was accelerating. I took it to the dealer in Bowling Green, KY (on my way back from FL).

First time they looked at it, the couldn't get the car to error. They cleared codes, and I drove the car for a week. It produced the error several times.

I took it back to the dealer. The service manager said that they isolated the problem to the turbos and asked for the OK to tear into it more. I said OK. Per the BMW tech, my turbos are basically shot.

I just placed an order with Tony for the Stage 1 turbos. He said that they would be built and shipped next week. So, hopefully I can provide some additional feedback here.

--Alex

get stage 2, stage 1 is not really worth it.
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It might be. Thats why we need testing. I wouldt want to go stage 2 because of possible issues with torque and the AT trans.

I wouldt buy the Stage 1's thinkig of getting exorbitant gains, but since is only a little steeper that the OEM ones, i think is worth trying. If they deliver 15 whp more than stockers, I would do it, especially since my turbos might be going out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    get stage 2, stage 1 is not really worth it.
    Stage 1s are ideal for what he's looking for -- An N54 motor that is completely stock (untuned) and just needs an OEM turbo replacement. No reason to get Stage 2s unless he's going to get a tune, FMIC, DPs & some sort of intake upgrade to avoid a high WGDC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Stage 1s are ideal for what he's looking for -- An N54 motor that is completely stock (untuned) and just needs an OEM turbo replacement. No reason to get Stage 2s unless he's going to get a tune, FMIC, DPs & some sort of intake upgrade to avoid a high WGDC.
    True but might as well try and reduce the overhead of all of this by increasing the fun factor.
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    True but might as well try and reduce the overhead of all of this by increasing the fun factor.
    I mean, if he wants to poor in another ~$2k (Plus Install) in parts to maximize the performance gains of the N54 + those Stage 1s, sure Click here to enlarge

Gotta remember, not everybody is power hungry like us forum junkies. Some people just want to take care of their machine & enjoy it "as is"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if your oem went i suggest going with stg1 as a replacement, no brainer really given price is very close
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigstupid Click here to enlarge
    Hello all,

--Alex
    Congrats and welcome. Looking forward to your impressions.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast