Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Good to know.
    Does it alter the price any now?
    Price will stay exactly the same, once I get the new wheels in I will post and reoffer the intro price of $1299 for a week then they resume the retail of $1499.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I had a couple sets built but wanted to get the car tested and on the dyno before shipping any and honestly most of the interest is with stage 2 and 3 so I had some questions but no orders. I could just ditch them but really I want to offer these as a really low cost option over stock and i am pretty conifdent they are not going to lose power over stock. The turbo didn't actually fail due to the bushing issue but I'm glad I caught it before I built anymore. I am fixing it as I said by having a custom 14T wheel built with the 4mm shaft bore. So this elimates the issue.
    I think your Stage 1 turbos can have a lot of potential, if you clip the turbine wheels.

The LOBA Motorsport turbos, selling for $5000 in Europe, as well as Turbo Dynamics Stage 1, are just like your Stage 1's but with clipped turbine wheels. I think you are dismissing this option too fast. If they can do it, why couldn't you ? Click here to enlarge

Here: http://www.loba-motorsport.com/produ...70p-turbolader

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm pretty sure he could have clipped the wheels but others with clipped wheels showed little to no gains. IIRC
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    I think your Stage 1 turbos can have a lot of potential, if you clip the turbine wheels.

The LOBA Motorsport turbos, selling for $5000 in Europe, as well as Turbo Dynamics Stage 1, are just like your Stage 1's but with clipped turbine wheels. I think you are dismissing this option too fast. If they can do it, why couldn't you ? Click here to enlarge

Here: http://www.loba-motorsport.com/produ...70p-turbolader
    We very easily can clip the turbines, we have used clipped turbines in the past with varying results which is why I strayed away from them because honestly the time spent clipping the wheel I did not think was worth the gains. The stage 1's are designed to be a good option to stock replacement and we are confident will provide gains, but have yet to get the car on the dyno due to tuning issues and other problems. With that said on our initial stage 1 test car the road tests were positive but I would never push a product based on feel alone. As of now I am waiting on new custom wheels to complete the stage 1's. Why anyone would pay $5000 dollars for a stage one upgrade is beyond me. If you want to see the bigger gains go stage 2 which will offer the proper flow and efficiency to get you there, if you want a cheap alternative to stock and some extra gains Stage 1's are a good choice. At this point I have no plans to go back to a clipped wheel, but I will let you know if that changes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are there any base dynos to compare with on this now S1 car?
    E92 AT. COBB S2+ , FBOs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeThey hit the dyno today
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont know if he kept those plans or not.... after i posted the fact that stg 1 user didnt have a baseline on that dyno or seem to grasp procede fully...

i know you said you dont think thats a good test but it certainly is better than nothing... day to day it will change yes, but it should show deltas ... and much better data than one just saying "it feels faster." We need dynos before and after to really see what these turbos do.

Hid dyno today (if theyre still doing it) will, to me, will be completely useless to judge these turbos regardless of the results.

I thought tony said he is putting off the dyno for a little bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did he say that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I dont know if he kept those plans or not.... after i posted the fact that stg 1 user didnt have a baseline on that dyno or seem to grasp procede fully...

i know you said you dont think thats a good test but it certainly is better than nothing... day to day it will change yes, but it should show deltas ... and much better data than one just saying "it feels faster." We need dynos before and after to really see what these turbos do.

Hid dyno today (if theyre still doing it) will, to me, will be completely useless to judge these turbos regardless of the results.

I thought tony said he is putting off the dyno for a little bit.
    if they do a map 0 baseline, then its worth while, we can see a delta from that. even RBs dont crank out much more at stock boost on racefuel. i did 290 rb/fbo ms109, i believe DZ did as well

Is the dyno today, or results to be posted today?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    if they do a map 0 baseline, then its worth while, we can see a delta from that. even RBs dont crank out much more at stock boost on racefuel. i did 290 rb/fbo ms109, i believe DZ did as well

Is the dyno today, or results to be posted today?
    +1, a good stock map pull will at least show a delta. I think they still plan to dyno today, then put the stockers back on and dyno then. Not srue though. It could be the other way around, put the stockers back on, dyno, then dyno with the new wheel without the bushing or whatever piece Tony is eliminating from the Stage 1s. Tony or OP can either of you confirm this info?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can almost 100% guarantee it will make no more power than the stock turbos at stock-ish boost levels. With my TIAL's they didn't show any gains until I pushed upwards of 18psi+
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I can almost 100% guarantee it will make no more power than the stock turbos at stock-ish boost levels. With my TIAL's they didn't show any gains until I pushed upwards of 18psi+
    exactly. i dont think we will see anything, but it will let us know the range of expected #s for the dyno itself

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah, but wouldnt a comparison of 18psi on stock turbos vs an 18 psi on S1 turbos same tuning give us an idea. It may show when logging the WGDCs parameters and given that its a bigger wheel thus some increase in CFM? Does the procede even have these logging capabilities?

I dont know, how else would we know the difference. Holding boost to redline better?
    E92 AT. COBB S2+ , FBOs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The question was if no stock turbo runs were done previously, then the #s wont tell us anything. but we have enough data and experience here to know if they are good for anything based on what STG1s do, as long as a map 0/ stock boost baseline is done at the same time. its really just as close as doing 18psi weeks apart on stock and stg1's respectively

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    yeah, but wouldnt a comparison of 18psi on stock turbos vs an 18 psi on S1 turbos same tuning give us an idea. It may show when logging the WGDCs parameters and given that its a bigger wheel thus some increase in CFM? Does the procede even have these logging capabilities?

I dont know, how else would we know the difference. Holding boost to redline better?

Of course you can log WGDC with the procede, come on now.

Anyways, this is what I saw with my car with turbos like this (except mine had a billet wheel, and clipped turbine):
    - At stock boost levels up till about 16psi the turbos didn't make any more power than the stock turbos. This was on pump 93 only.
    - The upgraded turbos were able to run more boost than the stock turbos. Where I wouldn't want to run the stock turbos above 16psi on pump gas only, the TIAL's seemed able to handle it.
    - The upgraded turbos were happy to run higher boost to redline.

All my testing was done with 93 pump only back when I first had them installed.
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FAIL on the tester's part for not getting a pre-Stg 1 Dyno.

Like LM said, we'll have to use previous dynos to get a relative idea of what the Vargas turbos are adding
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Delta's from car to car vary so much that I really dont see if being anything useful, unless its drastic one way or the other...

I keep saying its useles but LM says the delta is useful which is true IF there was a pre stage 1 dyno, which there was NOT on this dyno...

I dont see todays dyno can be usefull at all. There are so many different deltas i see from these n54s from car to car... the only way to tell its good if it puts down 280 stock and 450 modded... or 280 stock and 350 modded meaning they stink lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Delta's from car to car vary so much that I really dont see if being anything useful, unless its drastic one way or the other...

I keep saying its useles but LM says the delta is useful which is true IF there was a pre stage 1 dyno, which there was NOT on this dyno...

I dont see todays dyno can be usefull at all. There are so many different deltas i see from these n54s from car to car... the only way to tell its good if it puts down 280 stock and 450 modded... or 280 stock and 350 modded meaning they stink lol
    because we know what those mods/fuel/boost are supposed to be able to put out on stock turbos. so if its below/equal/above what would normally be expected, we can tell. all we need is a stock boost baseline to tell if the dyno itself reads low/equal/higher than normal

very few of us have a pre-anything dyno's, so this is how we go about it. being that its turbo, and boost/tune is only clicks away, its much easier than us s/c or n/a guys to go back a to a comparable situation to quantify data.

seeing it yet? FBO/stock turbo/93 octane/stock tune, should be 260-290 rwhp from there, at 16 or 18psi +mods, we can see how the gains.

none is expecting real measurable gains with these, only hoping for holding a bit more boost longer, which we will also be able to see

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah as long as he does a map-0 run it'll give us a perfectly good baseline. I 100% guarantee at the same low stock boost levels the car won't be making any more power at all than the stock turbos would. It will be a perfectly fine "baseline". Then with 18-19psi we can see what they're capable of... the only thing that worries me is this dude should be doing logs prior to getting on the dyno to make sure he's got it dialed in.
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    FAIL on the tester's part for not getting a pre-Stg 1 Dyno.

Like LM said, we'll have to use previous dynos to get a relative idea of what the Vargas turbos are adding
    I think OP went with the Stage 1s because his stockers were bad.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    me is this dude should be doing logs prior to getting on the dyno to make sure he's got it dialed in.
    exactly, unless he pays by the hour and dials it in there, but i beleive its been said he doesnt really know what he is doing with the s/w.. so.. i guess we get what we get. with a stg1, should he even be playing with major settings, or just run default mapping? im not sure how funky the procede is..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He should run the "stage 3" map/firmware (as long as he is FBO) and go from there. All he really needs to do is adjust OL fueling most likely up to 95-100 and up the boost some. Obviously there is more fine tuning that can be done but that's basically all he should probably adjust for now
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a feeling there are going to be issues with the dyno runs. OP seems unfamiliar with the PROcede and it's unlikely he'll be able to tune it properly.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Soon as I get back. Putting a fresh set of stock turbos on his car and going to get a baseline. Soon as the new wheels comes in. Will get stage 1's back on his car and then take it back to the Dyno. I think this is the best approach.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats a ton of work, but it will definately give the best idea of how the S1s are performing.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast