Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Stage 1's installed on first vehicle, ready to ship. Intro price $1299

After some installation issues with the customer performing it themselves which lead to a no boost condition. I pulled it down and finished up the install last night about 11pm. Turbos seems to pull hard and we should have some numbers soon. To be clear I do not think these are going to add a bunch more power over stock. They do flow about 15% more air and should see some gains with a good tune over stockers. Also I decided to go with a stock turbine over the clipped. We have have done clipped in the past and have had varying results. I feel the stock wheel coupled with the 14T MHI wheel is a good combo for some increased airflow while keeping the factory spool. I am doing the intro price on these at $1299 without the SS flapper upgrade, if you want the wastegates upgraded to the SS valves, Add $300 to that and we can't ship for another 2 weeks til the valves come in. This Intro price is good for one week from today then the retail price of $1499 will kick in. Pm me or Email if anyone has any interest. The Stage 2's are still just waiting for the SS valves and the final turbine housing machining and I should be shipping to the betas once I get that finished and test a set on our test car. Now that I have this install done I can turn back to the stage 3 test car and get back to work on fabbing. Thanks again for all your patience.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Thats a GREAT deal for stock replacements!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

There really is no reason to get a replacement set of stockers when these are for sale. Definitely a great deal.

now send me my stage 2's! Click here to enlarge
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

What's the benefit of a SS flapper upgrade?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction
    [
    01/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Cobb S2+ PTF-protune | Stett CAI | ETS 5" FMIC | AR DP | AE Exhaust - Gone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    What's the benefit of a SS flapper upgrade?
    Takes care of the rattle and the wearing out of the stock flappers which get loose in the bore they rotate in and eventually lead to the rattling issue. In my opinion BMW allowed for too much clearance on the stock valves in the bore. You do have to take intake account heat expansion but even said I feel it was excessive from the cores I have seen and how much play they had.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Congrats!! And amazing progress!! You just hit a home run in the N54 world.

I dont think anyone is ever going to order stock turbo now that these stage 1's are available!
    Cant wait for stage 2! Gonna jump on them.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Very quick progress, impressive and a great price.

Need the numbers as soon as you guys can.

Well done Vargas!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    really cant wait for stage2's holy crap :3 car has been sitting for a month and a half was gonna get RB's but came across this so just waiting on numbers Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

+1 can't wait to see some gains. If your stockers are going out and these make even the most minimal gain, they're still a good deal compared to oem ones.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

(Noob Question)

So basically the rundown is:
    Stage 1=Stock turbos with minor tweaks to make them more reliable/no rattles
    Stage 2= Comparable to RB turbos
    Stage 3=Big twins with new manifold

Correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Hey Tony, glad this has worked out for you. Good luck with the higher stages, looking forward to the big #3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    (Noob Question)

So basically the rundown is:
    Stage 1=Stock turbos with minor tweaks to make them more reliable/no rattles
    Stage 2= Comparable to RB turbos
    Stage 3=Big twins with new manifold

Correct?
    Close, to clarify simple break down is as follows.

Stage 1A = Stock turbine - Bigger compressor MHI 14T compressor 40mm inducer / 51 mm exducer compared to 35.60mm inducer / 46mm exducer for stock. Essentially a fresh stock turbo with a bigger compressor that will flow close to 15% more at the same rotational speed as the stock wheel. (The customer who had them installed last night is telling me with the same procede map #2 he was running prior to the install he is running leaner which makes sense as the bigger compressor is flowing more air. He will be getting his DME reflashed and also uploading an upgraded turbo map and we will be dynoing the car next week to see some numbers.)

Stage 1B = Same as above with Billet SS wastegate valve installed in turbine housing

Stage 2 = Comparable to RB's - TD04 turbine, TD04 15T compressor 42mm inducer / 56 mm exducer, upgraded wastegate valves to billet SS. Will flow about 40% more then a stock turbo or 25% more then a stage 1 but the bigger turbine wheel helps to improve the backpressure issue of the stock turbine so you can push them harder before they hit the turbine bottleneck.

Stage 3 = Yes GTX2863's new manifolds, new DP's, intake piping, charge piping to intercooler.

Hope that helps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Super badass. You guys really don't waste ANY time up there.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Close, to clarify simple break down is as follows.

Stage 1A = Stock turbine - Bigger compressor MHI 14T compressor 40mm inducer / 51 mm exducer compared to 35.60mm inducer / 46mm exducer for stock. Essentially a fresh stock turbo with a bigger compressor that will flow close to 15% more at the same rotational speed as the stock wheel. (The customer who had them installed last night is telling me with the same procede map #2 he was running prior to the install he is running leaner which makes sense as the bigger compressor is flowing more air. He will be getting his DME reflashed and also uploading an upgraded turbo map and we will be dynoing the car next week to see some numbers.)

Stage 1B = Same as above with Billet SS wastegate valve installed in turbine housing

Stage 2 = Comparable to RB's - TD04 turbine, TD04 15T compressor 42mm inducer / 56 mm exducer, upgraded wastegate valves to billet SS. Will flow about 40% more then a stock turbo or 25% more then a stage 1 but the bigger turbine wheel helps to improve the backpressure issue of the stock turbine so you can push them harder before they hit the turbine bottleneck.

Stage 3 = Yes GTX2863's new manifolds, new DP's, intake piping, charge piping to intercooler.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, helped alot. Seems like stage 2 will be very popular

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You have another secured customer for stage 2 turbos in Mexico. I was going for exhaust and new brakes, but I'd rather wit for stage 2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    agreed, are you taking deposits for the stage 2's yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge

The customer who had them installed last night is telling me with the same procede map #2 he was running prior to the install he is running leaner which makes sense as the bigger compressor is flowing more air. He will be getting his DME reflashed and also uploading an upgraded turbo map and we will be dynoing the car next week to see some numbers.)
    Awesome progress!

But I don't see why he would run lean?

O2 sensors and closed loop fuel system should compensate for the additional airflow and add fuel to still target the same AF ratio........unless he was maxing out his fuel trims?

Was he running any meth as secondary fueling?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Nice..... Hmmm I dont know if I want stg1 or stg2's now...... Hopefully that customer comes through with dyno numbers
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Stage1Bs have me intrigued. Get some numbers!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    agreed, are you taking deposits for the stage 2's yet?
    Yes, I have taken 4 deposits for beta testers and 1 for the intro price of $1999 for stage 2's I am doing 5 sets at the intro price once the first 5 people have been set the price will go to the retail of $2499-$2999 I haven't decided on the exact price yet. The deposit for the stage 2's is 50%, then once they are ready to ship the balance plus a $400 core charge (RHD 335's 135's 1M's subject to a higher core charge) will be due. The website should be live today and you can pay your deposit from the site or you can call me at the shop do a credit card over the phone.

Edit: Want to be clear. The core charge is fully refunded once I receive your cores.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-30-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    Awesome progress!

But I don't see why he would run lean?

O2 sensors and closed loop fuel system should compensate for the additional airflow and add fuel to still target the same AF ratio........unless he was maxing out his fuel trims?

Was he running any meth as secondary fueling?
    I am just going off what he has told me, I am assuming he did some logging. I will have more info this week when we dyno the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Great progress Tony. Anxiously waiting for the stg 3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Any numbers for stage 1 ?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Good work Tony, if you move half as quickly on the Stage 3s as you moved on these, and price them the way you previously discussed, you can definitely expect a deluge of orders.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Have you heard any more from your wastegate/machining guys? All this talk is making me crave my stage 2's that much more
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast